path: root/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2016/01-21.mdwn
diff options
authorDaniel Vetter <>2016-01-22 00:02:13 +0100
committerDaniel Vetter <>2016-01-22 00:02:13 +0100
commit4a4f653672b65c9ae62062605a7d613312b0b517 (patch)
tree7735eecec9c8e32fcde1a36ac5b8e0aeb42de06e /BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2016/01-21.mdwn
parenta29006fee1a862517a87349d8846c2136a3f92d0 (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2016-01-21
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2016/01-21.mdwn')
1 files changed, 79 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2016/01-21.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2016/01-21.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..04418674
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2016/01-21.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,79 @@
+Summary of the 16 September 2015 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+## Attendees
+Peter Hutterer,
+Martin Peres,
+Alex Deucher,
+Daniel Vetter,
+Egbert Eich,
+Rob Clark,
+Matt Dew,
+Keith Packard,
+## Summary
+Agenda: election/spi, domain, server changes, evoc troubles, delaware
+Renewal is through. Voting process to start 22th Feb after SPI's next board mtg
+on 12th Feb.
+ is extended thanks to Leon's help. Keith still working on the ownership
+Servers mostly transferred thanks to Daniel Stone. Last hold-off seems NS
+records, which are blocked on the domain issues.
+Evoc payement still pending.
+Stuart needs data of each board member for the delaware filings, please check
+out mail on board@.
+## Items discussed
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: elections
+Renewal ends today, 58 out of 71 members renewed. Election committee is Peter,
+Rob, Martin and Daniel. Elections to start after SPI board mtg (12th Feb) on
+22th Feb. Mandatory is 2 weeks of voting, trying to juggle nomination and QA
+period to avoid major holidays. For the SPI vote we need 75% of all members
+agreeing. Need to make sure members understand that not voting means voting
+against the SPI merger. Discussion on how much reminding is ok. Agreed that
+only voting machine is allowed to know who hasn't voted yet (so procmail alias
+w/ bcc). Secretary also needs to send the formal request for
+invitation to the SPI board.
+ACTIONS: Martin to set up election page for 2016 using 2015 template.
+ACTIONS: Peter to set up a mail alias for members who haven't voted yet for
+voting reminders.
+ACTIONS: Daniel to send request for invitation to SPI.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: domain ownership
+Domain is extended, Leon helped with that. Still working on fixing the
+ownership, but no updates. Also figuring out how to handle domains properly in
+the future (also with an eye towards the possible spi merger), Peter is working
+on that with SFLC.
+ACTIONS: Keith to chase NS again.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: server
+Plan to use letsencrypt to avoid ssl cert renewal issues in the future. already moved now. Bunch of stuff on moved to fd.o
+servers by Daniel Stone.
+ACTIONS: Rob to check with Daniel Stone that nothing is left.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: evoc troubles and delaware filings
+No news on payements. Stuart needs every director's details for delaware
+filings, see board@ mail
+ACTIONS: Stuart to poke again.
+ACTIONS: Everyone to reply in private to Stuart.
+STATUS: Pending