summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorLyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>2020-05-21 15:27:53 -0400
committerLyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>2020-05-21 15:27:53 -0400
commitc38ebd0d9eb65a9ba7bd7946a3693a8065655a08 (patch)
tree92120a6378314f1e51febc3ce705e0832fc0096b
parent77a8d3f378774ef342a6ba2b69098b3c45352b03 (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2020-05-21HEADmaster
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/05-21.mdwn53
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-21.mdwn64
4 files changed, 119 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index 70641118..eac7bc95 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -297,3 +297,4 @@ Meetings are held every second Thursday.
* [[Apr. 09|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/04-09]]
* [[Apr. 23|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/04-23]]
* [[May. 07|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/05-07]]
+* [[May. 21|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/05-21]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/05-21.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/05-21.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..212aee10
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/05-21.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,53 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[15:00:50] [connected at Thu May 21 15:00:50 2020]
+[15:00:50] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[15:00:51] <hwentlan> hi
+[15:01:03] <tlwoerner> hello
+[15:01:20] <anholt> hi!
+[15:01:39] <keithp> howdy y'all
+[15:02:01] <Lyude> Hi! So agenda for today: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, cloud hosting for freedesktop.org, GSoC/EVoC, and XDC2020
+[15:02:19] <Lyude> skipping XDC2020 sponsors update today since danvet isn't here
+[15:02:47] <anholt> 2019: arm paid! finally!
+[15:02:55] <tlwoerner> w00t!!
+[15:03:04] <Lyude> yay :)
+[15:03:11] <keithp> whoa!
+[15:03:16] <tlwoerner> talk about "an arm and a leg..."
+[15:03:17] <Lyude> anholt: guessing intel still hasn't paid yet?
+[15:03:18] <anholt> intel: still nothing
+[15:03:21] <Lyude> tlwoerner: lol
+[15:03:24] <Lyude> gotcha
+[15:03:29] <anholt> martin pinged them a couple weeks agom, no reply.
+[15:04:04] <Lyude> So x.org/freedesktop.org domain status: pinged spi this week and still haven't gotten a response. The last time I had trouble getting in contact with SPI though iirc it was something to do with their responses on tickets not getting forwarded to email
+[15:04:19] <Lyude> so i'll probably check if it's that and poke them on #spi, that usually seems to work
+[15:04:42] <Lyude> Anyway, update for cloud hosting for fdo.org. I'm just going to copypaste daniels's update here for the record
+[15:05:03] <Lyude> 13:25 <+daniels> CI usage is very stable and overall declining on the trend, and we're working with GitLab as well to pursue some helpful upstream improvements. bentiss has continued some really heroic work to give us a path to having easier and more modular deployments, but most of our work in the past month went to doing a major PostgreSQL migration
+[15:05:15] <Lyude> 13:25 <+daniels> CI usage is very stable and overall declining on the trend, and we're working with GitLab as well to pursue some helpful upstream improvements. bentiss has continued some really heroic work to give us a path to having easier and more modular deployments, but most of our work in the past month went to doing a major PostgreSQL migration
+[15:05:23] <Lyude> oh, oops, posted that one twice
+[15:05:50] <Lyude> ok - that was the second line, the first line was supposed to be: 13:24 <+daniels> I'm not going to be around, but tbh I have nothing to report from the infra side really - been busy with other work, and undeleting whot's account after I accidentally pressed the wrong button too early in the morning to remove his account as well as all his contributions - which was about 4 full days
+[15:05:52] <Lyude> of work to manually restore :\
+[15:06:49] <Lyude> So for XDC2020, I'll just be posting samuelig's update: 13:23 <samuelig> Updates on XDC 2020 are: website online, registration and CfP open. New twitter account: https://twitter.com/xdc2020
+[15:07:27] <Lyude> and wow, that actually only leaves GSoC/EVoC, short meeting :). tlwoerner, whenever you're ready
+[15:07:58] <tlwoerner> we're still in the "community bonding" phase, coding officially starts June 1st
+[15:08:09] <tlwoerner> student is doing well, writing blogs, responding/participating, submitting patches for tools they'll be using
+[15:08:17] <tlwoerner> student has been added to planet.fdo
+[15:08:24] <tlwoerner> is anholt the treasurer?
+[15:08:29] <Lyude> tlwoerner: YES
+[15:08:31] <Lyude> *yes
+[15:08:33] <tlwoerner> SPI needs to be informed we are part of GSoC with 1 student so they can handle payments
+[15:08:54] <tlwoerner> anholt: would it be easier for you to interact with them?
+[15:09:06] <anholt> probably best if I do, that's the whole message they need?
+[15:09:19] <tlwoerner> according to mupuf_ ;-)
+[15:10:01] <tlwoerner> they've handled it several times in the past, otherwise let me know, i can forward you the whole email i received from google
+[15:10:29] <tlwoerner> that's all for now
+[15:10:43] <Lyude> alright, that's the meeting then everyone! thanks for coming
+[15:10:55] <anholt> sent a mail off to spi, will report back if we need more
+[15:10:56] <keithp> whoa. blink and you'll miss the meeting today
+[15:11:03] <anholt> keithp: I like it
+[15:11:04] <tlwoerner> anholt: thanks :-)
+[15:11:26] <Lyude> also mfilion - figured I'd double check since you're new here, are you around? (just asking for the attendance for meeting minutes)
+[15:12:07] <tlwoerner> are the new board members all setup with their permissions? that always seems to take a couple meetings to sort out ;-)
+[15:12:27] <Lyude> tlwoerner: should be-I actually got it done a day or two after they got elected :)
+[15:12:42] <tlwoerner> Lyude: great
+[15:19:28] <Lyude> anholt: btw-I realized we did actually cover arm's payment going through last meeting https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-07/ so I'm just going to leave that out of the meeting minutes
+"""]]
+[15:27:53] [disconnected at Thu May 21 15:27:53 2020]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn
index 2d7521a6..8154535e 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn
@@ -8,3 +8,4 @@
* [[Apr. 09|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-09]]
* [[Apr. 23|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-23]]
* [[May. 07|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-07]]
+* [[May. 21|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-21]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-21.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-21.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..4cd1d166
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-21.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,64 @@
+Summary of the 21 May 2020 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Lyude Paul,
+Keith Packard,
+Eric Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+Trevor Woerner
+
+Absent:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez (provided XDC2020 update),
+Daniel Stone (provided fdo.org cloud update),
+Manasi Navare,
+Mark Filion,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, cloud
+hosting for freedesktop.org, GSoC/EVoC, XDC2020
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
+No updates yet
+ACTIONS: Eric to keep poking Intel
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status
+Lyude poked SPI last week, still haven't gotten a response
+ACTIONS: Lyude to check ticket status (SPIs responses to tickets we've opened
+have sometimes not made it through to email in the past for some reason, so that
+may be what's happening here) and poke SPI through IRC
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Cloud hosting for freedesktop.org
+CI usage is very stable and overall declining on the usage trend, and we're
+working with GitLab as well to pursue some helpful upstream improvements.
+Benjamin Tissoires has continued some really heroid work to give us a path to
+having easier and more modular deployments, but most of the work last month went
+to doing a major PostgreSQL migration.
+ACTIONS: fdo.org admins to continue improving costs and stability overall
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/EVoC
+We're still in the community bonding phase, coding officially starts June 1st.
+Students is doing well, writing blogs, responding/participating, and submitting
+patches for the tools they'll be using. They've also been added to planet.fdo.
+ACTIONS: Eric to inform SPI we're going to be part of the GSoC this year, so
+they can handle payments.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2020
+Website is now online, registration and CfP open. New twitter account:
+https://twitter.com/xdc2020 .
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]