Diffstat (limited to 'agent')
1 files changed, 10 insertions, 2 deletions
diff --git a/agent/agent.h b/agent/agent.h
index 7fab69a..d96ce6a 100644
@@ -52,6 +52,11 @@
* It will take care of discovering your local candidates and do
* connectivity checks to create a stream of data between you and your peer.
+ * A #NiceAgent must always be used with a #GMainLoop running the #GMainContext
+ * passed into nice_agent_new() (or nice_agent_new_reliable()). Without the
+ * #GMainContext being iterated, the agent’s timers will not fire and, if
+ * nice_agent_attach_recv() is used, packets will not be received.
* Streams and their components are referenced by integer IDs (with respect to a
* given #NiceAgent). These IDs are guaranteed to be positive (i.e. non-zero)
* for valid streams/components.
@@ -77,8 +82,9 @@
* gchar *remote_ufrag, *remote_pwd;
* GSList *lcands = NULL;
- * // Create a nice agent
+ * // Create a nice agent, passing in the global default GMainContext.
* NiceAgent *agent = nice_agent_new (NULL, NICE_COMPATIBILITY_RFC5245);
+ * spawn_thread_to_run_main_loop (g_main_loop_new (NULL, FALSE));
* // Connect the signals
* g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (agent), "candidate-gathering-done",
@@ -111,7 +117,9 @@
* // Send our message!
* nice_agent_send (agent, stream_id, 1, sizeof(buffer), buffer);
- * // Anything received will be received through the cb_nice_recv callback
+ * // Anything received will be received through the cb_nice_recv callback.
+ * // You must be running a GMainLoop on the global default GMainContext in
+ * // another thread for this to work.
* // Destroy the object