Major changes in 0.5.0
* Some libxdg-app API additions for handling bundles
* Default to /bin/sh as user shell in sandbox
* Fix detection of which apps are in use during uninstall
* New implementation of fuse filesystem for document portal.
It is now cleaner and works on 32bit.
* Honor the noenumerate flag on remotes in CLI and libxdg-app.
* Add change notification for permissions store
* Require signed summaries for gpg-signed remotes
* Fix summary signatures of deltas in xdg-app build-update.
Major changes in 0.4.13
* Fix misgeneration of appdata xml in some cases
* Various improvements to bundles, and support in libxdgapp
* Add sources to Debug extensions created by xdg-app-builder
* Allow specifying subdirs of xdg-* dirs, for instance:
* Add support for --filesytem=xdg-run/subdir which means
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR dir, rather than xdg-user-dirs.
* Add --generate-static-deltas option to build-update-repo.
Major changes in 0.4.12
* Fix crashes.
* Update exports when removing apps.
* Remove appstream and repo refs when removing a remote.
* Add some build options to make libxdg-app usable inside a sandbox.
* xdg-app-builder builds are now in the .xdg-app-builder/build subdir.
* Make system repo bare-user to avoid creating any setuid binaries.
* Add xdg-app-builder --run operation that runs a command with the
build environment set up.
* Support creating locale extensions with xdg-app-builder.
* Add support for tags to metadata.
* Put runtime info and tags in the appstream data
Major changes in 0.4.11
* Fix assertion when installing runtime
Major changes in 0.4.10
* App desktop files and icons were not being exported to the desktop
Major changes in 0.4.9
* Fix crash at end of runtime install.
* xdg-app-builder has a new source type "shell" which lets you run arbitrary
* Allow apps with writable homedir access to modify the xdg-app repos.
* New xdg-app info command gives you status of an installed app or runtime.
* The xdg-app-builder cache now contains the sdk commit id, so that a new
version of the sdk invalidates the cache.
* Fixed a regression in the xdg-app install-app backwards compatibility
* xdg-app now gives the application access to the deployment path, which can
be used to give host-side services access to app files (such as help
* build-export no longer exports appstream files, and when generating appstream
files we don't need them to be.
* The default architecture tag used by xdg-app is now made canonical when needed
(i.e. on arm/x86/mips).
Major changes in 0.4.8
* Changed global installation directory to /var/lib/xdg-app (not /var/xdg-app).
* Add support for a dbus filtering on the system bus.
* Choosing user namespaces or setuid is now a runtime option, not build time.
* Fix xml-escaping in the appstream generation.
* Various build fixes.
* Added some more documentation for the library.
* Disable support for running apps on systems without a systemd user session.
* Fix uninitialized memory read in xdg-app-builder during git checkouts.
* Correctly handle disabled git submodules in xdg-app-builder
* Fix hiding of non-exported symbols in libxdgapp
Major changes in 0.4.7
* Enabled build of libxdg-app by default, now the API is stable
enough for e.g. gnome-software to use it.
* Restructured the command line interface to xdg-app, it is now
more streamlined and easy to use. For instance, to install
both apps or runtimes, now use "xdg-app install $name".
The old commands still work, but are deprecated and not
in the docs.
* xdg-app-builder has gotten a bunch of new features that
makes it easier to build apps, and some initial work to
make it possible to create runtimes using it
* build-export now finds and export any app-info installed by
the app, and build-update-repo collects all such exports
into a per-repo branch for appstream and icons.
* The client (and libs) support for locally mirroring the appstream
branch for each remote. This allows use to create graphical appstores
with user-readable information and icons.
* On the client side one can now specify priorities for each
Major changes in 0.4.6
* Added an initial version of libxdg-app, a highlevel library
intended to be used by user interface frontends to xdg-app.
It is not yet API stable, so it is disabled by default.
Enable with --enable-libxdgapp
* Added xdg-app-builder, a separate tool that makes it easier to build
applications with external dependencies.
* Add support for single-file bundles, which can be a useful way
to distribute apps on e.g. a usb stick. Only works with the
latest version of ostree.
* Always allow apps to talk to the built-in portals
* Support granting read-only access to the filesystem with e.g. --filesystem=host:ro
* Add /run/user/$uid/xdg-app-info file that contains the current permissions of the app
* Add --writable-sdk option to xdg-app build-init
* Add file locking to better handle concurrent xdg-app operations like update and install
* Various fixes
Major changes in 0.4.5
* Support signing commits in build-export
* Correctly handle symlinks in host root when app has host-fs access
* Always regenerate summary after build-export
* Make uninstall a bit more robust
* Install the dbus introspection files
* Add human readable size to build-export report
* Add /dev/ptmx symlink in app
* Fix apps not getting SIGCHILD
* Only expose minimal /etc/[passwd|group] in app
Major changes in 0.4.4
* Fix race condition in fuse fs
* Don't save uid/gid/xattrs in build-export
* run: Handle existing mounts with spaces in them
* propagate xauth cookies to sandbox
Major changes in 0.4.3
* Build with older ostree
* Add --nofilesystem flag to e.g. xdg-app run
* Add xdg-app dump-runtime command
Major changes in 0.4.2.1
* Fix dbus proxy
Major changes in 0.4.2
* Fix build with older versions of glib
* Fix regression in filesystem access configuration
* Make seccomp use optional (for arches without it)
* Add xdg-app enter command to enter a running sandbox
* Fix /var/cache being readonly
* Add /var/data and /var/config shortcuts for per-app data
* Minor fixes to bash completion
Major changes in 0.4.1
* Fixed a parallel build issue
* Fixed a build issue where openat() didn't get a mode passed
* Don't block ptrace and perf in debug and build runs
* Put nvidia drivers in sandbox if DRI allowed
* Support specifying a version for runtime extensions
Major changes in 0.4.0
* A new permissions store was added to the dbus api.
This can be used by portal implementations that want to store
per-app permissions for objects.
* The document portal was added. This is a dbus api
which you can use to create document ids and assign
apps permissions to see these documents. The documents
themselves are accessed via a custom fuse filesystem.
* perf and strace are now blocked via the seccomp filters
* You can now override application metadata on a system
and per-user level, giving apps more or less access
than what they request.
* New command modify-remote added which lets you change
configuration of a remote after it has been added with
* Support for adding trusted gpg keys on a per-remote basis
has been added to add-remote and modify-remote.
* The repo-contents command has been renamed to ls-remote
to better match the other commands.
* The list-remotes command can now show more information
about the remotes.
* The bash completion implementation has been improved.
Major changes in 0.3.6
* Fix a typo in the socket seccomp rules that made ipv6 not work
* Export the users fonts (~/.local/share/fonts or ~/.fonts) in the sandbox
* Fix seccomp rules to work on i386
* Make exposing xdg user dirs work right