blob: 3afa7abc0a0d27bbfde7dd0ffb11b0507b6118e1 (plain
Release manager: [[KeithPackard|KeithPackard]]
Stable branch maintainer: [[JeremyHuddleston|JeremyHuddleston]]
* End of feature merge window: 2010-06-01
* End of bugfix window: 2010-08-01
* Release of 1.9.0: 2010-08-20
See also the [[X.Org Calendar|http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nl1n1fmvu091eqh35ldqspar80%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Brisbane]].
* dix devPrivates rework (changed by a memory-wise version)
* [[new authentication mechanism|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=cdcb575664d3d60b662c542e782de83a047165c9]] allowing build the server without libdrm
* [[buffers invalidation|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=421606a8ef447d10c2ee0986f20e752056a47675]] to reduce unnecessary round trips to the X server
* lot of fixes.
* configuration: smart set up using xorg.conf.d (FIXME [[DanNicholson|DanNicholson]], [[PeterHutterer|PeterHutterer]]), start up of the server [[without output devices connected|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=5939e39a641773a36c22104e1184143678dca7a2]]
* xinput: [[invisible cursor sprite not damaging screen anymore|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=7c085aebfedeb621a6fbeb3f09f4fcc640452044]] (performance improvements)
* code clean-up:
* MAXSCREENS (almost) removal
* allocation function wrapping removal
* bus PCI related
* replacement of all X allocation functions (*alloc) with their C89 counterparts (performance improvement)
* removal of bzero
* region implementation from mi to dix
* mandatory RENDER
* documentation: conversion of [[LinuxDoc|LinuxDoc]] documents to DocBook/XML
* deprecation: mibank support, Multibuffer extension (MBE).
* besides lot of bug fixing as usual ([[sw cursor on multiple screens|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=518f3b189b6c8aa28b62837d14309fd06163ccbb]]) and big number of changes (339 commits since X server 1.8.0 - 9th Jun)
## Proposing patches for 1.9.x
Server 1.9.0 has been [[released|http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2010-August/001390.html]]. Patches may be nominated for future 1.9.x releases using the process outlined below.
* **Do not push to server-1.9-branch.**
* Patches for 1.9 must be in master first. Please follow the guidelines outlined on the [[XServer|XServer]] page to get a patch into master. Exceptions are patches where the master code has changed in a way that git master is not affected by a particular bug.
* For single patches: Once a patch is in master, let the stable branch maintainer know that this patch is to be cherry-picked to 1.9. Reply to the original patch email, placing the branch maintainer in TO and CC-ing the list. Make sure that the subject line contains `[PATCH 1.9]`.
* For multiple patches: Create a local branch and cherry-pick the patches required (Always use cherry-pick -x). Push this branch to your people.freedesktop.org repository and send a pull request to the stable branch maintainer, CC-ing the list. Make sure the subject line contains `[PULL 1.9]`.
* Only regressions over the previous stable will be accepted between the final rc and the release.