summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/05-06.mdwn
blob: e87a1dbaffb788c231c0031fdfa570d54725b201 (plain)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Summary of the 06 May 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]

## Attendees

Present:
Daniel Vetter,
Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
Lyude Paul,
Mark Filion,
Keith Packard,
Emma Anholt,
Harry Wentland,

Guests:

Absent:
Manasi Navare,


## Summary

Agenda: X.org & related domain status, XDC2020 invoices status, XDC2021,
XDC2022, XDC2022 sponsors, HDMI 2.1, EVoC, sharing non-redistributable game
traces within X.org members, equinox meeting

## Items discussed

[[!format txt """
ITEM: X.org & related domain status
We're now going through other related domains like fontconfig.org,
cairographics.org, etc. to see what else needs to be renewed
ACTIONS: Keith and Simon to figure out all of the domains we're currently hosting
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 invoices status
Manasi wasn't present, so skipped for this meeting
ACTIONS:
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2021
Website is almost ready, registration form is done, CfP form done, copied
relevant content from last year, and should have a DNS redirect on xdc2021.x.org
in the near future. CFP announcement is already done, and the board voted to
host this conference virtually this year. Also, we're updating the travel
sponsorship policy to include virtual conference expenses (this change was
approved last year but we never updated the policy content). The board also
decided to go with the same XDC schedule as last year.
ACTIONS:
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2022
We've finished the RfP draft and will send it along with the CfP announcement.
ACTIONS:
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2022 sponsors
Daniel had a chance to kick off sponsor nagging, we've already gotten Intel on
board so far
ACTIONS:
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: HDMI 2.1
Harry wasn't able to find any email addresses for the HDMI forum so they sent
the letter regarding HDMI 2.1 to their employer's VESA board member. Once that
person gets back from vacation they should receive it.
ACTIONS:
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: EVoC
We had a student inquire about EVoC that didn't get answered, apparently we
don't actually have anyone handling EVoC anymore and haven't had anyone in a
while.
ACTIONS: Trevor can't make the time committment to run it anymore, so Lyude is
going to start an email thread with them + the board to see what they suggest if
we should continue EVoC and if so, what we need to do in order to bring the
project back online. Once we have a better idea of that, Lyude will send out
announcements to try to find volunteers to help run the program if we decide to
keep it going.
NOTE: This isn't the end of student outreach for X.org! Regardless of the
outcome for EVoC, the current goal for the board is to get X.org involved with
outreachy for next year.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Sharing non-redistributable game traces within X.org members
Tomeu from Collabora proposed an idea to the board where we would work with game
companies (likely through a liason) in order to enable the sharing of api traces
for non-redistributable video games so that they can be used for things like
debugging and CI. We're not entirely clear on all the details for how we'll pull
this off quite yet.
ACTIONS: Anholt assigned to look into this with SPI and interested parties to
see how we could do this
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Equinox meeting
We need to have a meeting with Equinox (formally Packet) to become familiar with
them since they sponsor our cloud hosted services.
ACTIONS: Mark Filion will set up a meeting with Equinox sometime this month
STATUS: Pending
"""]]