summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2013/09-05.mdwn
blob: 7e7cb29158a9d2760b4a0b0cc4dfa86598cc914b (plain)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
Summary of the 05 September 2013 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]] 

Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2013/09-05|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2013/09-05]]. 


## Attendees
Present:

* Alan Coopersmith, Martin Peres, Peter Hutterer, Alex Deucher, Matt Dew, Keith Packard

Absent:

* Matthias Hopf, Stuart Kreitmann

## Summary
Most of the meeting was spent discussion potential umbrella organizations.
We don't have a conclusion yet, there are some questions that came up and
more that will come up. The next board meeting will be at the XDC where
we'll be closer to a decision.

## Items discussed
[[!format txt """
ITEM: email alias
Get a treasurer@ and secretary@ email alias to make it easier to have the
respective person's contact in various forms.
ACTION: Peter H to get this set up
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: access to board wiki
Current list of accounts on the board wiki excludes Peter H, Martin P and
Matt D, need to be added.
ACTION: Peter H to get the missing accounts added
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: ActionItems
Historically the board didn't have a good way of tracking action items.
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/ActionItems/ exists now, but more as
stopgap than a real solution. Trello has been floated as potential option.
ACTION: Peter H to look into better solutions
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Discussion of Umbrella orgs
ASF is quite involved (License requirements, etc.) and unlikely a good
match.  So far SPI and SFConservancy seem the best fit for us, but a set of
points still need clarification, these will continue to be discussed by 
the board.
ACTION: Decisions to be made
STATUS: Pending
"""]]