summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/08-12.mdwn
blob: 84c235f54f33bd611afe11c7e87868020b11ec58 (plain)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
[[!format txt """
[15:00:17] [connected at Thu Aug 12 15:00:17 2021]
[15:00:18] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[15:00:47] <mfilion> o/
[15:00:50] <Lyude> Hi everyone! Time for roll call, who all is here? ( mdnavare, danvet, anholt_, keithp, samuelig, mfilion, hwentlan )
[15:01:42] <mdnavare> Hi Lyude
[15:02:05] <Lyude> hi! just need one more person and then we should be ready to go
[15:03:05] * danvet waves
[15:03:13] <Lyude> hey! alright-we're at quorum then
[15:03:36] <Lyude> Agenda: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, XDC2021 sponsors, HDMI 2.1, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, Equinox meeting, Gitlab commit
[15:04:00] <Lyude> On my side, for GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC: Answered some questions in response to the call for volunteers that I sent out on the mailing list, but otherwise no updates
[15:04:37] <Lyude> Ledger data: no updates quite yet
[15:04:58] <Lyude> Gitlab commit: I handled coming up with the presentation for this last week and managed to get everything done on time, so we had a presence at Gitlab Commit this year!
[15:05:49] <Lyude> danvet: want to go over your topics? (domain status, xdc2021 sponsors)
[15:05:58] <mfilion> Kudos on getting GitLab Commit done Lyude!
[15:06:03] <Lyude> thanks!
[15:06:07] <mfilion> and also props to everyone who helped get the XDC program up, was great to return this week and seeing it all done!
[15:06:52] * keithp is here a bit late
[15:06:58] <Lyude> hey!
[15:07:23] <danvet> Lyude, nothing about domains yet, but we got another sponsor, microsoft upgraded to Gold!
[15:07:50] <danvet> I have one last one, they said it's confirmed, but now there's some problem about which cost center or something like that
[15:08:14] <mfilion> which one danvet?
[15:08:39] <mdnavare> danvet: Have we heard anything from AMD?
[15:08:45] <mdnavare> That was still tentative right?
[15:09:28] <danvet> that one
[15:09:44] <danvet> maybe don't put that into minutes, to avoid the name&shame thing
[15:10:02] <mdnavare> oops sorry for bringing up the name
[15:10:07] <Lyude> understood, they will be known as "A Wealthy Benefactor"
[15:10:20] <mfilion> lol
[15:10:21] <Lyude> (I will not actually call it that jfyi lol)
[15:10:40] <Lyude> danvet: alright. If that's all from your side mdnavare: want to go over XDC2021 invoices?
[15:10:48] <mdnavare> Sure
[15:11:19] <mdnavare> In terms of invoices : Sent invoices to ARM, NVIDIA, LF, Khronos. Need to request one for Microsoft now
[15:11:46] <mdnavare> I will do that later today
[15:12:22] <mdnavare> Also for gitlab we dont need an invoice right?
[15:12:29] <Lyude> oh - I just remembered that I think samuelig might be out this week
[15:12:48] <Lyude> danvet: ^ any idea on the invoice bit there?
[15:13:05] <danvet> gitlab was mutual exchange
[15:13:14] <danvet> which is a bit cheap, but *shrug* :-)
[15:13:26] <Lyude> eh, they've given us plenty as is :)
[15:13:26] <mfilion> oops didn't know samuelig was out, pinged him today as LF logo is missing from front page of XDC.
[15:14:25] <Lyude> anyway- mfilion I am guessing no updates with the equinox meeting since you just got back
[15:14:27] <Lyude> *?
[15:15:28] <danvet> mfilion, you're fixing it?
[15:15:57] <mdnavare> danvet: Btw for Microsoft invoice do we have all of their info in any archives?
[15:16:11] <mfilion> re: equinix, I echanged emails with Jacob back in June just before heading out, and he was happy with where things stand. Told him we would be working on refreshing our website, which would make it easier to highlight our partners and he said he was glad about the visibility push, and also added "On our side the most important thing is
[15:16:11] <mfilion> relationships. If you know of other maintainers and projects that we should be working with, a personal introduction usually goes a long way."
[15:16:37] <mfilion> I asked around but haven't found any projects yet, so if anyone here knows someone, let me know
[15:16:44] <mfilion> danvet sure ok I'll update
[15:17:09] <danvet> mfilion, I was faster I think
[15:17:57] <mfilion> haha yep
[15:18:02] <mfilion> was about to do it, but there it is
[15:18:06] <mfilion> thx :)
[15:19:09] <Lyude> hwentlan: you around?
[15:19:26] <Lyude> if they don't respond in a few minutes we can just cut the meeting short
[15:23:21] <mfilion> on a side note, I realized something funny while I was off - with XDC being virtual again, I can officially say I am the very first board member who won't have had a single in-person XDC during his 2-yr mandate hihi
[15:23:37] <Lyude> hah
[15:23:56] <Lyude> anyway-it's been a few minutes so I think we can call the meeting early. thanks for coming everyone!
[15:24:43] <mfilion> alright, thanks Lyude
[15:26:15] <danvet> cheers
[15:37:53] [disconnected at Thu Aug 12 15:37:53 2021]
"""]]