summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/02-05.mdwn
blob: 34cbc70e51d8752a50b68ae5d49291e179f46866 (plain)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176
177
178
179
180
181
182
183
184
185
186
187
188
189
Date is 2015-02-06, times are UTC+10.  
[[!format txt """
--- Day changed Fri Feb 06 2015
08:01 < whot> good morning gents
08:01 -!- tstellar [~tstellar@annarchy.freedesktop.org] has joined #xf-bod
08:01 < keithp> afternoon
08:01 < agd5f> hi
08:01 <+egbert> hi, good evening. another hour to morning here ;p
08:01 < agd5f> egbert, feeling better?
08:02 < marcoz> morning, afternoon, night
08:02 <+alanc> there's a mailing list for the member applications?  I've always just looked at the webpage
08:02 <+egbert> marcoz: yeah, today. first day back to work.
08:02 <+egbert> lot to catch up.
08:03 <+egbert> i don't think there is an ml.
08:04 <+egbert> i approved applications until i left for fosdem.
08:04 < whot> mupuf_: ping
08:04 < mupuf_> hey. sorry, i'm on my phone so i'll ttpe slowly  But I'l fully available
08:04 <+egbert> the ones of people i knew were members before.
08:04 < keithp> egbert: sorry to have missed you at fosdem! The weekend was crazy...
08:04 <+alanc> egbert: apparently there's something mailing anholt
08:04 <+egbert> keithp: were you there?
08:04 < keithp> egbert: indeed
08:05 <+egbert> keithp: i told everybody you weren't. as you told me so on xdc.
08:06 <+egbert> keithp: maybe this was the best sulution anyhow - since you were busy with other things ;p
08:06 < keithp> I've got boxes of chocolate from mary's that prove I was there
08:06 <+egbert> hehe. i got piles of boxes as well.
08:06 < whot> ok, agenda for today is: election, spi faq, opw status, xdc
08:06 <+egbert> the one from last year lasted me until shortly before this event.
08:07 <+anholt> by "mailing list" I apparently mean "my address in the php."  I've fixed that now.  alanc, you win email.
08:07 <+egbert> whot: may i add something?
08:07 < whot> egbert: sure
08:07 <+alanc> heh, um, thanks I guess
08:07 <+egbert> the x.org domain registration. i talked to mherrb on fosdem. he got a folunteer to look int this.
08:08 < whot> opw status is easiest (aside from now being called outreachy): mid-term status was last week, christian is happy with Asal's process so she gets the payment. couple of larger than expected hurdles but there's a steady stream of patches in her repo (not on the list yet though :(. I browsed through a few and they need cleaning up, otherwise it looks ok
08:08 < whot> egbert: do we know who the volunteer is?
08:08 <+egbert> :)
08:08 <+egbert> marc balmer
08:09 <+egbert> most here may know him
08:09 <+alanc> it looks like we've renewed it through next january, but the contact is still leon
08:09 <+egbert> he was on xdc in toulouse.
08:09 < mupuf_> yeah
08:10 <+alanc> should find out if SPI handles domain names too
08:10 < keithp> oh, a fine question. I think  they can be an official owner as needed
08:11 <+alanc> looks like they might - the whois contact for debian.org is "SPI Hostmaster"
08:11 < whot> technically an asset, right?
08:11 <+alanc> I think so
08:11 <+egbert> in any case, we (or someone else) needs to get in touch with leon.
08:12 <+alanc> once we finish the election we should be able to ask him to transfer directly to SPI, instead of having him give to us now and then to them later
08:13 <+egbert> alanc: yes.
08:13 < mupuf_> right
08:13 <+egbert> also we need access to the account at network solutions.
08:14 <+egbert> i remember that when we did things 10y ago it was a bit tricky due to the special domain name we have.
08:14 < whot> ok, so short story: who's going to contact leon?
08:14 <+egbert> i can do this.
08:15 <+egbert> as he knows me.
08:15 < mupuf_> yeah, please do.
08:15 <+egbert> last time i met him was 2y ago.
08:15 <+egbert> linuxtag berlin. this won't happen any more though.
08:15 < mupuf_> to me, leon is the name of a restaurant in Brusseks
08:16 <+alanc> I think it's been 5 or 6 years since I last saw him
08:16 <+alanc> Leon Shiman was the first X.Org Foundation secretary if I recall correctly
08:16 <+egbert> alanc: yes.
08:16 < mupuf_> oh, wow
08:16 <+alanc> also the lead of the aborted MAS audio project for the previous X.Org consortium
08:16 < mupuf_> thanks alan
08:17 < whot> egbert: sold, you got the job :)
08:17 < whot> anything else on the domain name?
08:17 <+egbert> what shall i tell marc?
08:18 < whot> sync with him, tell him you 'll get the account info from Leon. then figure out what he wants to look into :)
08:18 <+alanc> what was it he was volunteering to do?
08:18 <+egbert> ah, one related thing: it seems that CACert uses one of the registered addresses to verify the ownership for a certificate.
08:18 <+egbert> so i don't know how the certificate got done last time.
08:19 <+egbert> alanc: to deal with the renewal of the registration.
08:19 <+alanc> I think keithp, tollef, & jrayhawk made the certs happen last time
08:19 < whot> egbert: "registered addresses"??
08:19 < keithp> it was tollef
08:19 < mupuf_> what is the registered zddress?
08:19 <+egbert> the ones you get from whois.
08:20 <+egbert> email address.
08:20 < mupuf_> are you asking me to run whois on my phobe? :D
08:20 <+egbert> no, it is leon's email address if that's what you were asking.
08:21 < whot> egbert: well, you can ask mark to figure out what is needed anyway, makes your life easier when you have the account data. especially if the single-letter name is tricky
08:21 <+egbert> whot: ok. but i can also call there myself. unless one of the us people (and native speakers want to beat me for it) ;p
08:23 < whot> egbert: tbh, better to keep one task in one person's hand
08:23 <+egbert> whot: ;p
08:24 < whot> if marc has the time to figure it out, that's one thing. but splitting it across three ppl won't make it go faster, given the ample spare time we all have
08:24 < whot> ok, so domain business done for now?
08:24 <+egbert> yes
08:25 < whot> ok, thanks. next thing: SPI FAQ, I sent out the draft an hour-ish ago, will send it to members@ tonight
08:25 < whot> speak up now or be forever quiet something something
08:25 < agd5f> whot, looks good to me
08:25 <+egbert> whot: ok, so you have been working on that. thanks.
08:25 <+egbert> i was going to look into this but first was fosdem then i got sick.
08:26 <+egbert> i haven't had a chance to look yet.
08:26 <+alanc> looked good to me
08:26 < whot> egbert: have a look at the draft, feel free to add anything, you still have ~6h :)
08:26 <+egbert> but i hope to find some time to help out on stuff tomorrow.
08:26 < whot> if something is missing and comes up in the discussion we can always add to it later anyway
08:26 <+egbert> whot i won't be able to do it in the next 6h.
08:26 < whot> egbert: well, the alternative is that you take the email and send it out yourself tomorrow
08:27 <+egbert> but i'm sure we can add things or amend things later ;p
08:27 <+egbert> don't you want to put the faq on a wiki?
08:28 < whot> yeah, but I expect there'll be a few questions immediately and I'd rather not go and sync threads and the wiki but rather copy it once when things have calmed down
08:28 <+egbert> whot: i was actually going to do that if necessary.
08:29 <+egbert> now, since fosdem is over it should be possible - unless i get sick again.
08:29 < whot> egbert: yeah, we can do that later, right now it's mostly: should I send the email out today or you want to send it tomorrow?
08:29 < whot> (sorry, trying to move this all along, ETIME)
08:29 <+egbert> i can do this tomorrow if you want.
08:30 <+egbert> same distribution list as the election announcement or just members@?
08:30 < mupuf_> read it again. it's fine by me
08:30 < whot> good question, I'd say members@
08:30 <+egbert> not everybody may have reregistered yet.
08:30 < whot> we had 80 members before IIRC and 55 now, that's pretty close I think
08:30 <+egbert> yup.
08:32 <+egbert> ok, let's go on.
08:33 < whot> last item on the agenda: XDC venue. I sent out the summary last week, then realised the crickets voted, so we'll just do it now
08:34 < whot> not sure what the appropriate vote is here, but I think everyone stating their preference should do?
08:34 < whot> unless you have justifyable veto reasons (which you should've put in email by last week ;)
08:35 < keithp> seems reasonable
08:35 < whot> so everybody, speak up for Toronto or Boston please
08:35 < keithp> I'd prefer boston; I think the proximity of town to the venue is important
08:35 < agd5f> Toronto
08:37 < marcoz> Toronto (but just barely)
08:38 <+alanc> Toronto
08:39 < whot> Boston
08:40 <+egbert> Boston
08:40 < mupuf_> Toronto. let amd organise one xdc :)
08:40 <+egbert> barely, but i agree with keithp
08:41 <+alanc> stukreit is off skiiing somewhere
08:41 < keithp> (frankly, it's awesome that we have two bids to pick from)
08:41 < mupuf_> and i'm sure we'll manage to have fun
08:41 < whot> right, so we have 4:3 for Toronto
08:41 < keithp> sounds good.
08:42 < marcoz> sounds aboot right, eh?
08:42 < whot> stukreit's absense saves us from a potential hanging vote, we should make use of that :)
08:42 < keithp> marcoz: :-)
08:42 < whot> i.e. XDC 2015 will be Toronto, eh?
08:42 < keithp> whot: we'll get you to westford somehow
08:42 < keithp> you betcha
08:43 < whot> keithp: yeah, because westfort is the place to be...
08:43 < whot> westford
08:43 < mupuf_> yep, tstellar will be happy
08:43 < whot> anyway, that's done, thanks for voting. last item: election. egbert?
08:43 <+alanc> maybe for XDC 2017 the Red Hat boston office can find a venue out in Wayland, Mass. so the rest of us can see it
08:44 < keithp> alanc: I'd skip that event. Been there, not going back.
08:44 < mupuf_> ah ah! good one alanc
08:44 <+egbert> like i said, i was getting behind a bit. i also need to look into our voting system how easy or hard it is to add the spi vote there.
08:44 <+alanc> I'll have to take your word for it, never been
08:45 <+alanc> I don't remember it being that hard to add a Yes/No item to the ballot
08:45 <+alanc> something like 5 minutes of setup in the app
08:46 <+egbert> alanc: did we ever have this before?
08:46 <+alanc> yes, for voting on approving the bylaws
08:46 <+egbert> right.
08:46 <+egbert> ok, i should be able to figure that out.
08:46 <+egbert> otherwise we just do 0 for no and > 0 for yes ;p
08:47 <+egbert> at least developers should be familiar with this concept ;p
08:48 <+egbert> ah, no. we also have to let people abstain.
08:50 < whot> ok, anything else election-related?
08:50 < whot> did we have any nominees yet?
08:51 < mupuf_> thanks a lot egbert for all tour work!
08:51 < mupuf_> i'll run again this year.
08:51 <+egbert> mupuf_: thanks!
08:51 <+egbert> whot: not from my side.
08:51 <+egbert> if there is i'll yell on the ml.
08:52 <+alanc> did anyone send out a call for nominations yet?  I didn't see one
08:53 <+egbert> i haven't either.
08:53 < whot> ok, hand's up, who wants to copy/paste and mail the call for nominations?
08:54 < mupuf_> have to go guys. it's high-time i go to sleep! See you!
08:54 <+alanc> I think Carl's template is what we've been using each year - should be in the wiki or the mailing list archives
08:54  * mupuf_ has problems reading at this point
08:54 < whot> we should volunteer mupuf_ then
08:55 < mupuf_> hey hey. i can do that
08:55 < whot> we have a winner!
08:56 < whot> mupuf_: ok, you can go to sleep now. the minutes will tell you what you have to do ;)
08:56 < mupuf_> added it to my agenda for tomorrow
08:56 < mupuf_> thanks!
08:56 < whot> egbert: do you have a todo list for election-related things anywhere? so we can reduce the bus factor (or flu factor)
08:56 -!- mupuf_ [~sailfish@83-245-233-113-nat-p.elisa-mobile.fi] has quit [Quit: IRC for Sailfish 0.8]
08:57 <+egbert> whot: i will circulate my todo tomorrow.
08:59 < whot> thx
08:59 < whot> ok, we're almost out of time, anything else missing?
08:59 <+egbert> not from my side.
09:00 <+alanc> nothing here
09:01 <+egbert> ok, good night, then :)
09:01 < whot> oh, bylaws. Martin sent out a request for bylaw reviews, can you all please look through it and ack/nack the current state
09:02 < whot> let's say by next Friday, so we can send out the pdf to the members list
09:02 < whot> that's your homework for next week :)
09:02 < whot> and with that, thanks for attending, see you in two weeks
"""]]