Diffstat (limited to 'Events/XDC2013/CallForProposals.moin')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 53 deletions
diff --git a/Events/XDC2013/CallForProposals.moin b/Events/XDC2013/CallForProposals.moin
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,53 +0,0 @@
-= Call For Proposals =
-'''2013 X.Org Developers Conference (XDC 2013)'''<<BR>>
-'''23-25 September 2013'''<<BR>>
-'''Portland, Oregon USA'''
-The [[Events/XDC2013|2013 X.Org Developers Conference]] is the annual
-technical meeting for [[http://x.org|X Window System]] and
-[[http://freedesktop.org|Free Desktop]] developers. The
-attendees will gather to discuss outstanding technical
-issues related to X and to plan the direction of the X
-Window System and its software ecosystem. The event is free
-of charge and open to the general public.
-The XDC 2013 Technical Program Committee (TPC) is requesting
-proposals for papers and presentations at XDC 2013. While
-any serious proposal will be gratefully considered, topics of
-interest to [[http://x.org|X.org]] and [[http://freedesktop.org|FreeDesktop.org]] developers are encouraged.
-There are three particular types of proposal the TPC is seeking:
- 1. Technical talk abstracts: 250-1000 words describing a
- presentation to be made at XDC 2013. This can be
- anything: a work-in-progress talk, a proposal for
- change, analysis of trends, etc.
- 2. Informal white papers: 1000+ words on something of interest or relevance to X.org developers, FreeDesktop.org
- developers or the X community at large. These papers will
- appear in the online conference proceedings of XDC 2013,
- and are unrefereed (beyond basic checks for legitimacy and
- relevance). Papers can be refereed if requested in advance.
- 3. Technical research papers: 2500+ words in a format
- and style suitable for refereed technical publication.
- Papers that are judged acceptable by the TPC and its
- referees will be published in the printed conference
- proceedings of XDC 2013, available on a print-on-demand
- basis online.
-XDC 2013 technical presenters will be chosen from the
-authors of any of these submissions (as well as other
-presenters invited by the TPC).
-Normally, there is time for everyone who wants to present to
-do so, but one can never tell. As much as possible,
-presenters will be selected from those who submit before the
-deadline. We also may be able to offer financial assistance
-for travel for presenters who could not otherwise afford to
-attend and who submit before the deadline. Please do submit
-your proposal in a timely fashion.
-'''Proposals due:''' Thursday 1 August 2013 17:00 UTC<<BR>>
-'''Accepted formats:''' PDF and ASCII text.<<BR>>
-'''Notification of acceptance:''' Thursday 8 August 2013<<BR>>
-'''E-mail:''' board at foundation.x.org