summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors')
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn5
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16.mdwn30
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-30.mdwn210
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-14.mdwn40
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-28.mdwn115
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/11-11.mdwn81
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn5
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn79
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30.mdwn79
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14.mdwn62
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28.mdwn68
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11.mdwn66
12 files changed, 840 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index 98e6d29e..2bb25aa1 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -333,3 +333,8 @@ Meetings are held every second Thursday.
* [[Jul. 29|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/07-29]]
* [[Aug. 12|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/08-12]]
* [[Aug. 26|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/08-26]]
+* [[Sep. 16|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16]]
+* [[Sep. 30|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-30]]
+* [[Oct. 14|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-14]]
+* [[Oct. 28|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-28]]
+* [[Nov. 11|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/11-11]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..7d376b81
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,30 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[13:26:56] [connected at Thu Sep 16 13:26:56 2021]
+[13:26:56] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[13:27:22] <Lyude> (that date is definitely wrong, will fix it after the meeting)
+[13:27:53] <samuelig> why? is't it 15 days after this one?
+[13:27:58] <samuelig> isn't*
+[13:28:04] <Lyude> oh yeah it is
+[13:28:05] <Lyude> oops
+[13:28:13] <Lyude> didn't realize it still set it at 7 pm which is correct
+[13:28:47] <Lyude> hwentlan, mdnavare - either of you two coming
+[13:30:22] <Lyude> Agenda: X.org/fdo.org domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, HDMI 2.1 split specification proposal?, MIPI alliance and CSI
+[13:31:26] <mfilion> so are we meeting here or jitsi?
+[13:31:37] <Lyude> mfilion: we are meeting here, I posted the link higher up
+[13:52:30] <Lyude> mdnavare: poke?
+[13:56:26] <anholt_> so, treasurer report has been the point where we have actually sanity-checked the spi books
+[13:56:45] <anholt_> if we give up on the treasurer report, then we're not doing that any more and treasurer is just "make sure that invoices flow"
+[13:57:04] <anholt_> so do we get rid of tracking our own ledger?
+[13:57:12] <anholt_> it's the hardest work the treasurer does
+[13:57:23] <danvet> afaik it's not been updated since a while
+[13:57:35] <anholt_> yeah, I don't know that mdnavare has been keeping it up
+[13:57:44] <anholt_> we're not the 501c3, spi is
+[13:57:52] <anholt_> so they're doing that
+[13:58:05] <anholt_> but our bylaws do require a treasurer's report iirc
+[13:58:37] <anholt_> but I don't know that the bylaws require that we track our own ledger, it could just be the treasurer using the spi data to explain what's happened for the year
+[13:59:53] <danvet> anholt_, yeah that's my idea
+[14:00:10] <danvet> until maybe we have someone really enthusiastic about monies tracking again
+[14:02:09] <anholt_> syncing was really hard (especially when spi does some correction to a few dollar donation split between projects earlier in the year or whatever), and getting spi to produce raw data for us to slurp in has proved impossible. so, I think just trusting their data is the right choice, and that lets the treasurer do just the important work (invoices) rather than busywork. and then just once a year explain to the public where our money came from and went
+[14:02:09] <anholt_> at a high level.
+"""]]
+[14:37:14] [disconnected at Thu Sep 16 14:37:14 2021]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-30.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-30.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..76e1b573
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-30.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,210 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[15:00:41] [connected at Thu Sep 30 15:00:41 2021]
+[15:00:41] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[15:01:39] <mfilion> o/
+[15:01:45] * danvet waves
+[15:01:47] <Lyude> Hi everyone, time for rollcall: anholt_, danvet, mfilion, mdnavare, keithp, samuelig, hwentlan
+[15:01:52] <anholt_> hi!
+[15:02:21] <danvet> Lyude, since you brought up fd.o dinner, should probably have the same for xdc21 on the agenda and finalize the expenses there
+[15:02:52] <keithp> I'm "sorta" here today :-)
+[15:02:58] <Lyude> danvet: yeah I had XDC2021 invoices on my list still
+[15:03:16] <Lyude> 877-CASH-FOR-BENTISS, officer confirmation, X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI, do we need to keep track of ledger data?
+[15:03:26] <Lyude> (oh oops - I forgot say "that's the agenda for today")
+[15:03:33] <samuelig> hi!
+[15:04:26] <Lyude> So on 877-CASH-FOR-BENTISS - I totally am in favor of treating bentiss to a nice dinner or the sort
+[15:04:49] <samuelig> +1
+[15:04:51] <mfilion> +1
+[15:04:54] <danvet> +1
+[15:05:10] <keithp> +1
+[15:05:12] <Lyude> cool! then I guess the question is how would we want to get the money to them? maybe they've got paypal
+[15:05:31] <danvet> I guess we just assume he's not going to break the bank but also not "it's for mcdonalds" it
+[15:05:58] <danvet> I didn't put in an amount
+[15:06:18] <danvet> Lyude, maybe just as an expense, i.e. they spend it, send receipt to spi and spi sorts it out
+[15:06:23] <anholt_> (+1)
+[15:06:37] <mfilion> where are they located?
+[15:06:52] <danvet> i thought france
+[15:06:52] <Lyude> yeah. I mean $20 each person (17.28€) would probably get a pretty decent meal
+[15:06:55] <Lyude> france yeah
+[15:07:03] <Lyude> danvet: yeah that works oto
+[15:07:05] <Lyude> *too
+[15:07:44] <mfilion> I don't know how things are in France, but my lunch today cost more than $20 lol
+[15:07:45] <danvet> needs a bit more than 20€ for good french cuisine
+[15:07:53] <danvet> mfilion, yeah :-)
+[15:07:58] <Lyude> that's why I said per person :P
+[15:08:04] <samuelig> I suggest 30 USD per person (~25 EUR), that is a decent dinner in a non expensive area (avoiding paris and such, I mean)
+[15:08:27] <mfilion> if we're saying thank you, round it off to 50 EUR per person
+[15:08:33] <samuelig> right
+[15:08:42] <anholt_> yeah, 50 EUR would feel more like a thank you than a "we're so cheap"
+[15:08:46] <mfilion> exactly
+[15:08:54] <samuelig> agreed
+[15:08:55] <Lyude> so would SPI be paying for this from x.org funds or would we be?
+[15:08:58] <Lyude> and sounds fine t ome
+[15:09:07] <danvet> yeah we have 150k in the bank or thereabouts, cutting pennies for a nice dinner is a bit much
+[15:09:14] <Lyude> (brb one sec, cat needs food)
+[15:09:33] <danvet> plus bentiss probably saved us on the order of 50-100k or so
+[15:10:22] <Lyude> danvet: I kept forgetting we'd be pulling it from xorg funds lol, I had just been under the impression we'd pay for it ourselves
+[15:10:47] <Lyude> anyway - I will poke SPI about this today and forward to the board.
+[15:11:13] <Lyude> the next item on the agenda is officer confirmations since we didn't get to this last time, mdnavare hwentlan y'all around?
+[15:11:45] <mfilion> also, assuming they go 4 people, then just tell them they can expense 200 EUR? rather than 50 per, 200 sounds like a real thanks
+[15:12:00] <danvet> Lyude, expenses should be no problem, it's paying people where regulations kick in to no end, but maybe still good to check
+[15:12:17] <danvet> mfilion, +1
+[15:12:23] <samuelig> mfilion, +1
+[15:12:31] <anholt_> mfilion: +1
+[15:12:45] * mfilion feeling the love :p
+[15:14:03] <samuelig> well, just virtual love, the 200 EUR are not for you :-P
+[15:14:19] <Lyude> I think we've gotta go to the next agenda item right now, but officer confirmation is important enough that if we don't get to it this meeting we should start it over email since we weren't able to do it last meeting either
+[15:14:30] <mfilion> samuelig lol
+[15:14:52] <danvet> Lyude, didn't we confirm you already as secretary and piled lots of thanks on top for doing such a great job?
+[15:15:05] <Lyude> danvet: we did but we never actually made a decision on treasurer
+[15:15:33] <Lyude> at least I don't remember us doing that, hope I'm not forgetting some emails or something
+[15:15:55] <danvet> yeah, so my take since I'm not really happy
+[15:16:50] <danvet> invoicing for sponsors was a drag, with one sponsor we missed their quarter for no fault on their side (but they readdded it for q4 and it seems sorted now)
+[15:17:06] <danvet> in spring a took a fairly long break from sponsor hunting because the invoicing was stuck
+[15:17:27] <danvet> at felt like overall it'd have been less work to do it myself
+[15:17:49] <danvet> also we didn't have any grants this year or 2020, and letting students wait doesn't sound like a good idea
+[15:18:08] <danvet> plus the ledger got dropped (we can do that officially as discussed last mtg, but maybe not silently)
+[15:18:22] <danvet> and not a 2020 treasurer report either
+[15:19:53] <mfilion> not a great image for x.org
+[15:19:58] <Lyude> yeah, we need to be more on top of this stuff and I think we need a treasurer that has more time available. a lot of X.org/freedesktop stuff isn't time critical, but we really need to be on top of the couple of things that are and I don't think we've done thayt
+[15:20:16] <danvet> so I'd like to see someone step up who can commit to this (it's not nothing), but I'd really not want to volunteer myself since the sponsor hunting is a bit of work already
+[15:20:24] <anholt_> I'm with danvet that we need better timeliness on invoicing and report. I could step in if we need.
+[15:20:30] <samuelig> also, a treasurer that if it is overloaded by work or personal stuff, can communicate that to the rest of the board to find a (temporary if needed) replacement
+[15:20:37] <anholt_> I definitely feel willing to do the work if it doesn't involve ledger
+[15:20:42] <danvet> plus I'm hanging onto the idea that I'm not the only one stuck pulling in the money, that's a bit a too small bus factor
+[15:21:09] <danvet> anholt_, yeah I think ledger we can formally drop and just state that board feels our "keep the books" duties are covered with spi and done
+[15:21:10] <Lyude> anholt_: I think the board is fine with that too, and I -think- that would get rid of the ledger data item on the agenda too anyway
+[15:21:21] <danvet> Lyude, maybe we should do that vote first?
+[15:21:32] <anholt_> I would appreciate a proper vote on dropping our ledger tracking
+[15:21:43] <Lyude> sounds fine by me, is everyone alright regarding dropping ledger tracking?
+[15:21:46] <mfilion> +1
+[15:21:48] <Lyude> (+1 for me)
+[15:21:50] <anholt_> +1
+[15:21:55] <danvet> something like "until we have a sustainable way to keep our own books, we rely on spi only"
+[15:21:56] <danvet> +1
+[15:22:05] <samuelig> +1
+[15:22:12] <Lyude> alright - approved
+[15:22:35] <Lyude> anholt_: so you're willing to step up as treasurer then?
+[15:22:37] <danvet> anholt_, also much much appreciated if you volunteer, I think you did a great job
+[15:23:21] <anholt_> yeah, I can do the job. I figure it'll be "try to get a draft report and catch up on state of invoicing by next bod meeting"
+[15:23:30] <mfilion> I've never looked into it, and out of curiosity, what does sponsor invoicing entail exactly?
+[15:23:59] <danvet> I think both invoicing and payments is handled through spi request systems, and they have forms for it all
+[15:24:14] <anholt_> mfilion: when a sponsor commits, then treasurer extracts the info that spi needs to write them an invoice, and forwards that to spi. prod spi as necessary, prod sponsor as necessary, as the process gets hung up.
+[15:24:33] <danvet> plus they switched to a/r, a/p accounting, so once the invoice is out it's not your problem anymore
+[15:24:42] <mfilion> ha ok, so basically coordinating between parties
+[15:24:44] <anholt_> extracting the info can be surprisingly slow as it involves things like "who in your megacorp actually needs to see this to pay us?"
+[15:24:56] <mfilion> right, ok
+[15:25:31] <mfilion> well if you need help next year chasing for info from sponsors, happy to help
+[15:25:36] <danvet> yeah getting the invoice into the right PO system correctly seems fun sometimes
+[15:26:16] <Lyude> so - I think that's basically it for officer confirmation
+[15:26:27] <danvet> well I guess we need to vote still?
+[15:26:35] <Lyude> ah yes, sorry lol
+[15:26:53] <Lyude> all in favor? mfilion, danvet, anholt_, keithp, samuelig?
+[15:26:56] <mfilion> +1
+[15:26:59] <samuelig> +1
+[15:27:01] <danvet> +1
+[15:27:05] <Lyude> +1
+[15:27:07] <danvet> and thanks to anolt
+[15:27:16] <mfilion> yes big big thanks
+[15:27:23] <Lyude> yeah thank you!
+[15:27:25] <samuelig> thank you!
+[15:27:50] <Lyude> So - I think the next agenda item is pretty quick, x.org/freedesktop.org domain status - danvet ?
+[15:29:19] <danvet> was busy chasing invoices, so nothing new
+[15:29:45] <Lyude> gotcha, requesting ledger data is the next item: I guess this doesn't really matter now with the vote we just did :P
+[15:29:51] <mfilion> lol
+[15:29:56] <Lyude> so unless there's any objections I will just mark this as done
+[15:30:04] <anholt_> +1 to drop that topic at this point.
+[15:30:12] <danvet> (also needed to just check on my pruneaux in the pot for some dessert later on)
+[15:30:21] <danvet> Lyude, ack
+[15:31:02] <Lyude> so I think we'll have to skip XDC2021 invoices status until anholt_ and mdnavare have had a chance to sync up, samuelig - anything on XDC2021 and XDC2022?
+[15:31:08] <samuelig> yup
+[15:31:12] <samuelig> XDC 2021: I wrote a blog post as both a summary of the conference and a kind of "thank you" postcard to organizers -> https://blogs.igalia.com/siglesias/2021/09/24/X.Org-Developers-Conference-2021/
+[15:31:28] <samuelig> Feedback I got was fine: media.ccc.de was very well received and people appreciated having a privacy-friendly open-source platform alternative for following the talks. One suggestion to convert XDC to a hybrid conference, because of carbon footprint and such.
+[15:32:00] <samuelig> some complains about the schedule but I think we did our best, organizers also have personal responsabilities and moving the schedule more would have a huge impact on them
+[15:32:13] <danvet> personally I liked the timeline on c3voc, I think we should encourage organizers to use that again
+[15:32:22] <samuelig> agreed
+[15:32:28] <samuelig> it is already in the RFP
+[15:32:39] <samuelig> o
+[15:32:41] <samuelig> oh
+[15:32:41] <Lyude> c3voc?
+[15:32:50] <samuelig> the organization behind media.ccc.de
+[15:32:53] <danvet> ccc video team or something like that
+[15:33:09] <mfilion> nice blog post samuelig, will share it on the XDC twitter if it's not already done
+[15:33:15] <samuelig> also another complain is the lack of reminders about the speakers document and such
+[15:33:19] <keithp> yes, thanks for a nice write up
+[15:33:21] <samuelig> the info was there, but people missed it.
+[15:33:33] <danvet> I checked whether c3voc takes sponsoring, but nothing, otherwise we could have tossed over something for them I think
+[15:33:40] <samuelig> because it was in the acceptance email which was sent 2 months before the conf
+[15:33:51] <Lyude> ah
+[15:34:24] <keithp> just sending an email out the day before the conf with all of the links would be useful
+[15:34:30] <samuelig> overall, the feedback I got (not too much, mostly private conversations and a couple of emails) was fine.
+[15:34:41] <keithp> LF didn't manage this week; I also had to dig around through ancient emails to find stuff
+[15:34:57] <samuelig> keithp, right. This is something to improve.
+[15:35:04] <Lyude> shit i will brb
+[15:35:27] <samuelig> we also had some indico issues because it was the first conference we organize since self-hosting it, but we could manage everything on time
+[15:35:36] <samuelig> most of the people not noticed anything
+[15:36:24] <samuelig> BTW, some stats to make mfilion happy
+[15:36:35] <mfilion> oh?
+[15:36:47] <samuelig> more or less, we got 50% audience split between YT and media.ccc.de
+[15:37:36] <danvet> everyone watching both?
+[15:37:38] <samuelig> the talk with biggest attendance was Alyssa's talk about Apple M1 driver... by a big margin with the next one
+[15:37:49] <mfilion> haha interesting (the 50% split)
+[15:37:51] <samuelig> peak of 180 people or so
+[15:38:07] <mfilion> no surprise there for the M1 talk, just mentioning M1 gets you attention these days
+[15:38:23] <mfilion> look I just got 100 more followers for talking about it here
+[15:38:24] <mfilion> lol
+[15:39:09] <Lyude> This is Lyude's roommate, Small emergency, she needed to step away for a bit
+[15:39:11] <samuelig> danvet, there were a delay of ~7-10 seconds on media.cc.de but the streaming was reliable and very good quality
+[15:39:25] <mfilion> haha new secretary, welcome
+[15:39:31] <mfilion> :p
+[15:40:09] <samuelig> organizers shared a github repo that I will mirror to freedesktop with all the material used for the virtual conference
+[15:40:15] <samuelig> so we can re-use it for future events
+[15:40:19] <danvet> should we do the usual think, ask organizers to have some dinner for the team or something, add it to expenses, tally up and send it over?
+[15:40:28] <samuelig> danvet, I asked already about that
+[15:40:31] <mfilion> Each one caters to a different audience (YT & CCC), so good to have both
+[15:40:49] <samuelig> they already had something but radek did not take any invoice at all
+[15:41:08] <mfilion> tell them to go for another dinner then hihi
+[15:41:19] <samuelig> he thinks the conference expenses were like less than 5 EUR in servers, and like less than 50 EUR if you count everything
+[15:41:28] <samuelig> so not worth asking for reimburse.
+[15:41:48] <danvet> well I think we still have the 10k, so can reduce that by a bit
+[15:41:48] <samuelig> in any case, I am still fighting to convince the organizrs to do a dinner which will be paid by X.Org
+[15:42:09] <danvet> samuelig, tell them otherwise intel will get the money
+[15:43:07] <danvet> or is the problem that we need to invoice intel for the full 10k and then pay them the dinner directly?
+[15:43:14] <danvet> or is that too awkward
+[15:43:25] <samuelig> we had a long discussion about this already and he didn't want our money, he says it was nothing
+[15:43:34] <mfilion> hahaha
+[15:43:42] <mfilion> I have messages from him that says otherwise
+[15:43:45] <mfilion> that it was lots of work
+[15:43:52] <mfilion> definitely not "nothing"
+[15:43:54] <samuelig> nothing in the sense of expenses
+[15:43:58] <samuelig> not in the sense of work
+[15:44:01] <mfilion> ahhhok
+[15:44:24] <samuelig> what we can do is to grab the 10 k from intel
+[15:44:36] <samuelig> conf expeses are less than 50 EUR, so don't care
+[15:44:44] <samuelig> but pay them a 50 EUR / person dinner like bentiss
+[15:44:48] <mfilion> +1
+[15:45:48] <danvet> +1
+[15:46:04] <samuelig> +1 from me, obviously
+[15:46:23] <Lyude> ok - i'm back. our cats got in a fight and unfortunately in breaking them up I was the casualty, lol.
+[15:46:32] <mfilion> oops
+[15:46:38] <mfilion> are you ok?
+[15:46:44] <Lyude> yeah just lots of scratches lol
+[15:46:51] <mfilion> fun... :(
+[15:47:16] <mfilion> so you can read through what we were discussing, we were at the point of voting
+[15:48:56] <Lyude> +1 from me, also luckily I think the rest of the agenda items are small. mipi alliance and CSI: haven't had the time to send out any mail for that, GSoC/outreachy/EVoC: no updates there
+[15:49:32] <samuelig> Lyude, regarding XDC 2022 nothing to add. Just that it was publicly announced :)
+[15:49:37] <Lyude> gotcha
+[15:50:47] <Lyude> Anyway - I think that's it for the meeting, thanks for coming everyone!
+[15:50:56] <keithp> thanks all!
+[15:51:00] <mfilion> alright, thanks Lyude, take care of those scratches
+[15:51:09] <mfilion> and thanks again anholt_ !
+[15:52:15] <samuelig> thanks!
+[15:52:49] <daniels> danvet: it’s not just the direct cost Ben has saved us, but the fact that there would be no infrastructure to run without him over the last year - so how much is the org itself worth …
+[15:57:50] <daniels> Lyude: also I just paid £12 for a pizza, would certainly suggest that €17 won’t carry you super far tbh
+[15:59:57] <danvet> yeah it should cover at least a "guide micheline for two" or so I think
+[16:00:18] <danvet> if bentiss disappears we'll go broke in less than a year
+[16:04:20] <daniels> the money isn’t the issue, it’s that this board fails to have a raîson d’ètre if the infra fails to exist
+[16:35:15] <danvet> I meant equivalent if we'd need to pay some folks to run the show, and then we'd still cease pretty quickly
+[16:37:05] <daniels> as said previously, I feel like investment would absolutely support fundraising as a demonstration of value
+[16:43:31] <hwentlan> sorry i missed the meeting. i had a team event today at work
+"""]]
+[17:15:17] [disconnected at Thu Sep 30 17:15:17 2021]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-14.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-14.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..668e33a6
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-14.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,40 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[15:00:02] [connected at Thu Oct 14 15:00:02 2021]
+[15:00:02] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[15:00:45] <Lyude> Hey everyone! Time for role call: samuelig, mdnavare, hwentlan, mfilion, keithp, anholt
+[15:00:49] <mfilion> o/
+[15:00:53] <anholt> hi
+[15:00:58] <hwentlan> hello and apologies for missing last time
+[15:01:10] <mfilion> sitting here watching gitlab... just wow
+[15:01:15] <keithp> howdy
+[15:01:23] <Lyude> mfilion: ?
+[15:01:43] <mfilion> @lyude IPO today... they're currently up 27%, and now have a market value of $14B USD
+[15:01:53] <mfilion> just speachless
+[15:01:56] <samuelig> Hi!
+[15:01:59] <Lyude> O.O
+[15:02:02] <mfilion> indeed
+[15:02:03] <Lyude> damn no wonder you're speechless
+[15:02:41] <Lyude> anyway, time for the agenda: Agenda: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI
+[15:03:18] <Lyude> the first one we can skip since dan vet isn't here, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC: no updates from my side
+[15:03:29] <Lyude> MIPI Alliance and CSI: also no updates from my side
+[15:04:01] <Lyude> Also, one item I forgot to add to the agenda which I'll give an update for now: VESA confirmation on open DP implementations, that went through and we should hear back from bill soon
+[15:04:23] <mfilion> nice
+[15:04:30] <Lyude> I think that's pretty much it from my side, anholt do you want to go over invoices?
+[15:04:31] <hwentlan> great work on reaching out to vesa about this
+[15:04:35] <Lyude> np
+[15:04:54] <anholt> I've been meaning to get to stuff, haven't, just going over it now in the meeting.
+[15:05:58] <Lyude> np
+[15:06:10] <Lyude> samuelig: want to go over XDC stuff?
+[15:07:29] <samuelig> XDC 2021: we sent an email to organizers with the sponsored dinner due to their great job organizing XDC. They replied privately saying "thank you!" but we don't have more news. I will ping them again to be sure that the dinner actually happens.
+[15:07:51] <samuelig> mfilion, probably it is worth pinging bentiss again to show that we are serious with that as well :)
+[15:09:28] <samuelig> XDC 2022: I plan to create the event in indico in the coming days and setup the web, so organizers can start working on it whenever they want, without depending on us like in the past (which was the reason that we are usually late on announcing the web publicly)
+[15:09:45] <mfilion> samuelig good idea, will send him a note
+[15:10:02] <samuelig> nothing else from my side
+[15:11:03] <Lyude> alright, since we don't have any other items I say we have a mandatory 20 minute period of silence.
+[15:11:09] <Lyude> just kidding
+[15:11:15] <Lyude> that's it for the meeting everyone, thanks for coming!
+[15:11:27] <mfilion> haha alright, cheers
+[15:11:32] <hwentlan> haha. cheers
+[15:11:36] <anholt> invoices: MS invoice is underway. no update on intel/amd
+"""]]
+[15:15:30] [disconnected at Thu Oct 14 15:15:30 2021]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-28.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-28.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..58488493
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/10-28.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,115 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[15:00:07] [connected at Thu Oct 28 15:00:07 2021]
+[15:00:07] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[15:00:40] <Lyude> Hi everyone! danvet hwentlan_ anholt keithp mfilion samuelig mdnavare time for role call
+[15:00:45] <anholt> here
+[15:00:50] * danvet waves
+[15:00:57] <samuelig> hi
+[15:00:57] <keithp> o/
+[15:01:36] <hwentlan_> hi, i'm here but will be distracted with another meeting. apologies in advance
+[15:02:11] <keithp> hwentlan_: isn't that normal? /me only has *one* other meeting in parallel
+[15:02:43] <hwentlan_> some days there are meetings i only need to listen. today i'll actually need to present :D
+[15:03:09] <Lyude> Awesome! So genda for today: I think we're done with X.org/freedesktop.org domain status (danvet?), XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI alliance and CSI, Turnip compliance
+[15:03:12] <Lyude> *agenda
+[15:03:48] <Lyude> For GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI alliance and CSI no updates from me quite yet (will try to write a letter to the appropriate people this friday or sometime next week)
+[15:04:36] <Lyude> samuelig: do you want to go over XDC status?
+[15:05:31] <samuelig> XDC 2021: organizers thank a lot the dinner offering but they prefer to donate the corresponding money to a NGO or similar. They will send us an email with the proposal for discussion and voting
+[15:06:16] <samuelig> XDC 2022: I did not have time to prepare the website yet. Very busy lately.
+[15:06:35] <samuelig> that's all
+[15:07:21] <Lyude> Cool, anholt do you want to go over invoices status?
+[15:07:49] <anholt> agd5f says amd should be paid up for 2021, which is great.
+[15:07:57] <samuelig> \o/
+[15:07:58] <anholt> haven't written my report yet, need to catch up.
+[15:08:32] <anholt> keithp: would like to know what's up with the joe rayhawk contract/invoice question from a week ago
+[15:08:43] <keithp> haven't dealt with it at all
+[15:08:50] <anholt> also I need to catch up on understanding what intel's obligations as a sponsor for 2021 are at this point
+[15:08:51] <keithp> need to get rayhawk to sign a SPI contract
+[15:08:56] <anholt> (do we need to be invoicing in one direction or another?)
+[15:09:34] <danvet> anholt, 10k-any expenses is what we need to invoice I think
+[15:09:42] <danvet> let me try to find the thread
+[15:11:35] <danvet> Message ID <3d4ced9dcb9449f695702ed7c714c050@intel.com>
+[15:11:38] <danvet> anholt, ^^
+[15:11:56] <anholt> danvet: I don't appear to have that, probably because I wasn't treasurer at the time.
+[15:12:01] <danvet> I guess just reply there
+[15:12:05] <Lyude> (also brb)
+[15:12:12] <danvet> hm it's cc board
+[15:12:15] <anholt> admin question: could we make treasurer be a mailman archived list, or forward it to a gmail where access transfers between treasurers? this has been an issue with handoff each time.
+[15:12:18] <anholt> hmm
+[15:12:36] <danvet> +1 on making it mailman list
+[15:13:00] * Lyude back
+[15:13:08] <anholt> ah, found it now, though
+[15:13:25] <Lyude> and anholt probably good to ask #freedesktop
+[15:13:55] <danvet> maybe quick vote since it's kinda record keeping with that, currently it's ephemeral
+[15:14:23] <Lyude> sure thing, +1 from me. keithp samuelig hwentlan_ ?
+[15:14:27] <danvet> https://foundation.x.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/board/2021-February/019083.html <- for the minutes or I just screamed at mailman
+[15:14:29] <hwentlan_> +1
+[15:14:30] <keithp> yeah, archive would be nice +1
+[15:14:37] <danvet> +1
+[15:14:49] <samuelig> +1
+[15:14:56] <Lyude> Alright, approved - will someone be handling asking the fdo admins?
+[15:14:58] <anholt> cool, i'll raise an issue to set it up
+[15:15:58] <Lyude> danvet: btw, we still need X.org/freedesktop.org domain status on the agenda right?
+[15:16:11] <danvet> Lyude, I actually did a little bit this time :-)
+[15:16:41] <danvet> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorgfoundation/bod-archive/-/issues/37
+[15:16:57] <danvet> put all the domains there from fd.o admins
+[15:17:11] <danvet> daniels already checked mesa3d last spring, brian would like to keep it
+[15:17:31] <danvet> for the others I think they're all more or less in our mission, and domains are cheap
+[15:17:51] <Lyude> yeah agreed
+[15:17:56] <danvet> so I'd propose I contact them all whether anyone is interested and then for last try to sort out x.org
+[15:18:11] <danvet> perhaps if we have some others we can make a bit a case and solve this without a mess
+[15:18:29] <danvet> one maybe is fontconfigs.org, that just redirects to a wiki page with not much
+[15:18:43] <danvet> and all the search engines I checked have the wiki page as 1st/2nd result already
+[15:18:55] <danvet> maybe for keithp to decide whether that's still worth it
+[15:19:29] <danvet> anyway if lots want to move it's maybe 50$/y plus mildly better chances to sort out x.org
+[15:19:47] <danvet> should I go type some mails for this over next weeks?
+[15:19:58] <Lyude> yeah, sgtm
+[15:20:00] <keithp> yeah, could abandon our non-fd.o/x.o domains
+[15:20:15] <keithp> that's sufficient for offering stable URIs
+[15:20:36] <samuelig> danvet, +1
+[15:20:48] <Lyude> (fun fact - apparently .o is a valid tld)
+[15:20:49] <danvet> keithp, all the others have some nice website, so domain seems like a nice thing
+[15:20:54] <danvet> fontconfig.org was the only one iirc
+[15:21:12] <keithp> ah, yeah, not important to me at least
+[15:21:54] <Lyude> hwentlan_, anholt ^ ?
+[15:22:46] <anholt> +1 to getting fdo-related domains managed together so that hopefully they stay live at least as long as the project.
+[15:23:08] <danvet> see gitlab issue for the list
+[15:23:09] <hwentlan_> +1
+[15:23:40] <danvet> it's all stuff for a proper free desktop, but just so you know what you all approve :-)
+[15:23:58] <Lyude> approved! 2X issue approval multiplier active!
+[15:24:27] <danvet> cool I'll go type some mails then
+[15:25:08] <Lyude> Last topic is Turnip and Freedreno conformance, Emma sent out an email about this to the board so we've just gotta vote on this. It's a +1 from me btw, and danvet already provided a +1. (cc: keithp, hwentlan_, samuelig)
+[15:25:24] <keithp> yeah, looks good to me +1
+[15:25:40] <samuelig> I also gave my +1. Repeating just in case.... +1 xD
+[15:25:54] <Lyude> oh right - missed yours sorry lol
+[15:26:01] <Lyude> so that should be approved then!
+[15:26:07] <hwentlan_> i haven't had a chance to read it yet. i can read it after the meeting and respond if you still need a vote
+[15:26:14] <hwentlan_> otherwise i'm good with the majority
+[15:26:26] <Lyude> but, I'm dying to know anholt: why is it called Turnip?
+[15:26:33] <danvet> anholt, you'll do the fwd to neil/khr for the pr celebrations?
+[15:26:36] <Lyude> hwentlan_: yeah we should be fine
+[15:26:37] <danvet> chad likes food iirc
+[15:26:56] <anholt> danvet: not sure exactly what we need to send them (and who else at khr?)
+[15:27:21] <anholt> Lyude: apparently chadv had a pattern of food-related project names. (see also waffle)
+[15:27:32] <Lyude> Lol, makes sense
+[15:28:32] <danvet> anholt, oh I just figured some bubbly celebration of our collaboration or something like that
+[15:28:38] <danvet> I can type it if you want
+[15:28:43] <Lyude> Anyway - I think that's it for the meeting everyone, thanks!
+[15:28:55] <danvet> with panfrost this summer it's quite a streak
+[15:29:27] <danvet> and I figured I'll just send it to neil
+[15:30:40] <danvet> anholt, I can type it if you want me to
+[15:30:50] <anholt> sounds great. I'm recovering from booster right now and I'm low on excitement for much anything.
+[15:31:35] <danvet> anholt, ok if I fwd/include your mail?
+[15:32:16] <anholt> yeah
+[15:36:32] <daniels> danvet: mesa3d.org> *this spring
+[15:37:46] <danvet> daniels, I'm not very coherent this evening, gitlab issue has it right :-)
+[15:37:57] <daniels> :)
+[15:43:53] <samuelig> Lyude, is the meeting over?
+[15:51:41] <samuelig> I assume yes ;)
+[15:51:46] <samuelig> thanks!
+[15:52:01] <samuelig> Oh, I just saw the message xD
+[15:56:24] <Lyude> samuelig: lol no problem
+[16:01:51] <mfilion> sorry I missed the meeting, got completely sidetracked discussing the new FB name lol
+[16:35:33] * Lyude will never not call it facebook
+[17:15:39] <mdnavare> sorry guys missed it, had another overlapping meeting
+"""]]
+[17:43:42] [disconnected at Thu Oct 28 17:43:42 2021]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/11-11.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/11-11.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..725bf466
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/11-11.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,81 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[14:00:23] [connected at Thu Nov 11 14:00:23 2021]
+[14:00:24] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[14:01:23] <Lyude> Hey everyone, time for role call: hwentlan_, keithp, danvet, mdnavare, mfilion, samuelig (might be absent), anholt_
+[14:01:32] <hwentlan_> hello
+[14:01:46] * danvet waves
+[14:02:07] <mdnavare> Hi All!!
+[14:02:38] <Lyude> hey! So we've got quorum now, on the agenda today: X.org/Freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy, VESA open source approval update/question from me, MIPI Alliance and CSI
+[14:02:49] <Lyude> oops, *GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+[14:03:02] <Lyude> For my topics: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC: no update here quite yet
+[14:03:25] <Lyude> MIPI alliance and CSI: Haven't contacted the MIPI Alliance directly yet, but found some connections through my employer that might be interested in helping out with this
+[14:04:03] <Lyude> As for VESA open source approval update/question: So we got approval from VESA regarding open source implementations of DisplayPort! I haven't gone through it yet to see if it's everything that we need, but will be doing that ASAP (hopefully today).
+[14:04:05] <Lyude> This does make me think though: so far VESA has both helped us get spec access, and explicit written approval for open source implementations of DisplayPort. Quite frankly - I think they've gone above and beyond, and I'd like to propose that we ask them whether they would be interested in being listed as a foundation supporter in the same manner that we do so with Equinix. Seems like
+[14:04:07] <Lyude> the least we can do is give them some good open source PR :).
+[14:04:40] <Lyude> hwentlan_, danvet, mdnavare, how does the second bit sound to y'all? I'd be happy to handle asking VESA if they're interested
+[14:05:19] <mdnavare> Yup I completely agree!
+[14:05:20] <danvet> Lyude, hm question is where?
+[14:05:36] <hwentlan_> sounds great to me. they're really good about open source
+[14:05:51] <danvet> equinix we thank for hosting, and khr is just a xdc sponsor
+[14:06:05] <danvet> I mean definitely add it to minutes that vesa is awesome
+[14:06:30] <danvet> I guess we can just add it somewhere, but with the shoddy wiki site we have it's all kinda a bit meh
+[14:06:36] <Lyude> hm, tbh it doesn't seem like we do a very good job of -yeah
+[14:06:48] <keithp> our *fabulous* wiki, itym?
+[14:06:49] <danvet> like I'm not opposed at all, just how/where
+[14:06:50] <Lyude> i was about to say lol, it took me a moment to find mention of equinix on our wiki: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/#sponsors
+[14:06:58] <danvet> keithp, it does look splendid, doesn't it
+[14:07:00] <mdnavare> Calling out these Open source advocates and foundation supporters on X.org page would be good too
+[14:07:11] <keithp> agreed
+[14:07:57] <danvet> maybe mfilion can unburry himself and give us the promised land or something
+[14:08:04] <Lyude> danvet: yeah, hm. I wonder if for the time being we could have the obsure mention on the wiki, make plans to come up with a nicer way of displaying sponsors on whatever new kind of site we eventually go with for x.org, and show VESA along with the other sponsors during XDC?
+[14:08:07] <danvet> Lyude, anyway a bit a derail, I'm all for this too
+[14:08:27] <Lyude> these are good points though! :)
+[14:09:14] <Lyude> it sounds like we've got agreement then, I think for the time being I can just tell VESA that we're interested in listing them as sponsors, and that we're working on (slowly) redoing our website to make sponsors easier to find
+[14:10:34] <Lyude> Alright - I think that's pretty much everything from my side. danvet, any updates on domain status?
+[14:12:10] <Lyude> mhhh, while we wait for them I will post samuelig's updates on XDC
+[14:12:12] <danvet> I started throwing some mails around
+[14:12:14] <danvet> not much yet
+[14:12:17] <Lyude> oh oops
+[14:12:28] <Lyude> danvet: alright - sgtm
+[14:12:39] <danvet> well asked keithp and emmersion to get the transfer for the 2 domains keithp has going
+[14:12:44] <danvet> and started to get some contact info
+[14:12:49] <danvet> but yeah not much yet
+[14:13:34] <keithp> My registrar hid the information about transfers; just got some help to get that going
+[14:14:49] <Lyude> Gotcha, sgtm. Next up is samuelig's XDC updates: 12:34 <samuelig> XDC 2021: no news from organizers regarding the dinner.
+[14:14:51] <Lyude> 12:34 <samuelig> XDC 2022: created the event in Indico and configured it. Registration and CFP is disabled for the moment. xdc2022.x.org redirection is already in place. Notified organizers so they can start tweaking the CSS and adding info to the website. Gave them too the twitter credentials so they can change the profile info as well.
+[14:15:25] <Lyude> anholt_: any chance you're around to go over invoices?
+[14:15:41] <danvet> Lyude, agenda addition: khr conformance request from connor
+[14:15:51] <danvet> just came in 58' ago
+[14:15:58] <Lyude> agenda addition'ed
+[14:15:59] daniels_ is now known as daniels
+[14:16:17] <Lyude> danvet: what's the subject of the email btw?
+[14:17:45] <danvet> Applying for Khronos Conformance Test Submission
+[14:17:58] <danvet> it's for turnip, so really just need to approve the email redirect
+[14:18:16] <Lyude> Ah, it's just connor applying for turnip vulkan conformance. +1 from me, danvet, mdnavare, hwentlan_ ?
+[14:18:22] <danvet> oh and maybe approve the membership quickly
+[14:18:26] <danvet> +1
+[14:18:32] <danvet> Lyude, keithp already +1'ed on board@
+[14:18:52] <mdnavare> Okay yes I saw that email , +1
+[14:19:09] <Lyude> Did someone already approve their membership? I don't see anything on the Xorg membership page
+[14:21:03] <Lyude> I don't even see a membership approval email, so maybe I don't have access to approve people's memberships anymore
+[14:21:18] <danvet> Lyude, connor is there now?
+[14:21:30] <Lyude> oh yep whoops, forgot to check the member list :P
+[14:21:35] <Lyude> seems like this is approved then!
+[14:21:55] <danvet> and yes I think we forgot to restore admin powers after this year's elections?
+[14:22:02] <danvet> I don't have the magic buttons either
+[14:22:10] <Lyude> mupuf: would you be able to fix that? ^
+[14:22:11] <danvet> and we need to shovel rights around for next election
+[14:22:31] <danvet> Lyude, well the folks who's terms are up next year should have access and can change it
+[14:22:40] <Lyude> oh right lol
+[14:22:40] <hwentlan_> +1 for connor
+[14:22:48] <Lyude> hwentlan_: ^ I think you should be able to fix this then
+[14:23:15] <hwentlan_> i should be able to fix that. let me see
+[14:23:17] <mupuf> Sure, I can fix that
+[14:23:58] <Lyude> Also - if anholt_ doesn't respond in the next few minutes we can end the meeting early, since they've got the last agenda item to go over
+[14:25:16] <hwentlan_> ok, all of you should be admins again
+[14:26:17] <danvet> hwentlan_, thx
+[14:26:29] <danvet> hwentlan_, works
+[14:28:06] <Lyude> alright cool! I think we can cut the meeting early, thanks for coming everyone!
+[14:28:08] <daniels> ok, created cwabbott@x.org
+"""]]
+[14:43:22] [disconnected at Thu Nov 11 14:43:22 2021]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
index 3d8e7461..1925fc46 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
@@ -15,3 +15,8 @@
* [[Jul. 29|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/07-29]]
* [[Aug. 12|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/08-12]]
* [[Aug. 26|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/08-26]]
+* [[Sep. 16|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16]]
+* [[Sep. 30|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30]]
+* [[Oct. 14|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14]]
+* [[Oct. 28|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28]]
+* [[Nov. 11|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..0ba61363
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,79 @@
+Summary of the 16 September 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+Trevor Woerner
+
+Absent:
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.org/fdo.org domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices
+status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, HDMI 2.1, MIPI alliance and CSI,
+officer confirmation
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/fdo.org status
+No updates
+ACTIONS: Daniel to try to resume this after XDC
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Requesting ledger data
+No updates from our side
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+Manasi wasn't here, so tabled till next meeting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+We have some issues related to indico config that were either fixed or we found
+a workaround. We have two streaming services this time, being the new one an
+open-source platform (media.ccc.de) which worked reasonably fine
+ACTIONS: Conference organizers to keep doing a great job!
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+The board approved our hosting proposal, and if possible Lyude will be
+announcing the next location for XDC during her presentation tomorrow.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: HDMI 2.1
+Some more potential proposals for working with the HDMI forum were discussed
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+When providing VESA spec access to an X.org member, they asked whether we had
+ever considered trying to setup a liasonship with the MIPI alliance in the same
+way as we have setup for VESA. Board voted to approve!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Officer Confirmation
+Didn't have 100% quorum, so tabled till next meeting.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..3ee87b91
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,79 @@
+Summary of the 30 September 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Mark Filion,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Harry Wentland,
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: Thanks for bentiss, officer confirmation, X.org/freedesktop.org domain
+status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022,
+GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: Thanks for Bentiss
+To thank Benjamin for all of their work, the board agreed to help expense a
+thank you dinner for them. Thanks for all of your hard work
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+
+ITEM: Officer confirmation/ledger data
+We welcomed our new treasurer, Emma Anholt! Additionally, some discussion was
+had around timing concerns with sponsor invoicing, along with the board voting
+to allow SPI to handle keeping track of ledgers instead of doing it ourselves.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status
+No updates here
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+Tabled to next meeting.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+Samuel wrote up a blog post as both a summary of the conference and a kind of
+"thank you" card to organizers:
+https://blogs.igalia.com/siglesias/2021/09/24/X.Org-Developers-Conference-2021/
+Feeback was that media.ccc.de was very well received and people appreciated
+having a privacy-friendly open source platform alternative for following the
+talks. One suggestion to convert XDC to a hybrid conference, because of carbon
+footprint and such. A few complaints about the schedule but I think we did our
+best, since moving the schedule around would have been far too difficult.
+The board also approved a budget to treat the XDC2021 organizers to a meal!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+Publically announced, no other updates.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS:
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+No updates
+ACTIONS: Lyude hopes to make time for this in the near future
+STATUS: Done
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..87677e91
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,62 @@
+Summary of the 14 October 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021,
+XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status
+Danvet was absent today so no updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+One invoice underway, no update on two others
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+We sent an email to organizers with the sponsored dinner due to their great job
+organizing XDC. They replied privately saying "thank you!" but we don't have
+more news.
+ACTIONS: Samuel will ping them again to be sure that the dinner actually happens.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+Samuel plans to create the event in indico in the coming days and setup the web,
+so organizers can start working on it whenever they want, without depending on
+us like in the past (which was the reason that we are usually late on announcing
+the web publicly)
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..3db12045
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,68 @@
+Summary of the 28 October 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Mark Filion,
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021,
+XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI, Turnip and Freedreno
+compliance
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org
+Danvet made some progress here. They collected a list of all of the domains that
+we need to take care of, along with who owns them (and thus who needs to be
+contacted)
+ACTIONS: Danvet to start sending out some emails soon.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 Invoices status
+One more sponsor paid for 2021
+ACTIONS: Emma to keep up the great work!
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+Organizers thank a lot the dinner offering but they prefer to donate the
+corresponding money to a NGO or similar. They will send us an email with the
+proposal for discussion and voting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+No updates here yet
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates :\
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Turnip and Freedreno compliance
+Emma applied for Khronos conformance for both Turnip and Freedreno, board votes
+to approve!
+ACTIONS: Emma to contact Khronos
+STATUS: Done
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..52b3646b
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,66 @@
+Summary of the 11 November 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Lyude Paul,
+Manasi Navare,
+Keith Packard,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Mark Filion,
+Emma Anholt,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.og/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, VESA open source approval/question, MIPI Alliance and CSI, Vulkan Turnip compliance
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status
+Danvet started throwing some emails around, not much esle yet
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+Emma wasn't here, so postponed till next meeting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+No news from organizers regarding the dinner
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+Samuel created the event for XDC2022 in Indico and configured it. Registration and CFP is disabled for the moment. Notified organizers so that they can start tewaking the CSS and adding info to the website. Also provided them the twitter credentials so that they can change the profile info as well.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates yet
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: VESA open source approval/question
+We got written confirmation from VESA regarding their approval of open source DisplayPort implementations, although Lyude still needs to read through it to make sure we're not missing anything. In the mean time, Lyude proposed that we should start listing VESA as an official X.org supporter, since they've gone above and beyond in helping out with open source during our interactions with them. Board voted to approve
+ACTIONS: Lyude will look over open source implementation letter from VESA, and also contact them about being mentioned as a supporter on our website
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+Lyude has not contacted the MIPI Alliance directly yet, but found some connections through her employer that might be interested in helping out with this. Lyude has contacted them.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Vulkan Turnip compliance
+Got a request from Connor Abbott for an x.org email alias so that they can submit Vulkan conformance results for Turnip. Board voted to approve.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+"""]]