summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries')
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn5
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn79
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30.mdwn79
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14.mdwn62
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28.mdwn68
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11.mdwn66
6 files changed, 359 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
index 3d8e7461..1925fc46 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
@@ -15,3 +15,8 @@
* [[Jul. 29|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/07-29]]
* [[Aug. 12|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/08-12]]
* [[Aug. 26|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/08-26]]
+* [[Sep. 16|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16]]
+* [[Sep. 30|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30]]
+* [[Oct. 14|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14]]
+* [[Oct. 28|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28]]
+* [[Nov. 11|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..0ba61363
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,79 @@
+Summary of the 16 September 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+Trevor Woerner
+
+Absent:
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.org/fdo.org domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices
+status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, HDMI 2.1, MIPI alliance and CSI,
+officer confirmation
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/fdo.org status
+No updates
+ACTIONS: Daniel to try to resume this after XDC
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Requesting ledger data
+No updates from our side
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+Manasi wasn't here, so tabled till next meeting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+We have some issues related to indico config that were either fixed or we found
+a workaround. We have two streaming services this time, being the new one an
+open-source platform (media.ccc.de) which worked reasonably fine
+ACTIONS: Conference organizers to keep doing a great job!
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+The board approved our hosting proposal, and if possible Lyude will be
+announcing the next location for XDC during her presentation tomorrow.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: HDMI 2.1
+Some more potential proposals for working with the HDMI forum were discussed
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+When providing VESA spec access to an X.org member, they asked whether we had
+ever considered trying to setup a liasonship with the MIPI alliance in the same
+way as we have setup for VESA. Board voted to approve!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Officer Confirmation
+Didn't have 100% quorum, so tabled till next meeting.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..3ee87b91
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-30.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,79 @@
+Summary of the 30 September 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Mark Filion,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Harry Wentland,
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: Thanks for bentiss, officer confirmation, X.org/freedesktop.org domain
+status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022,
+GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: Thanks for Bentiss
+To thank Benjamin for all of their work, the board agreed to help expense a
+thank you dinner for them. Thanks for all of your hard work
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+
+ITEM: Officer confirmation/ledger data
+We welcomed our new treasurer, Emma Anholt! Additionally, some discussion was
+had around timing concerns with sponsor invoicing, along with the board voting
+to allow SPI to handle keeping track of ledgers instead of doing it ourselves.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status
+No updates here
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+Tabled to next meeting.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+Samuel wrote up a blog post as both a summary of the conference and a kind of
+"thank you" card to organizers:
+https://blogs.igalia.com/siglesias/2021/09/24/X.Org-Developers-Conference-2021/
+Feeback was that media.ccc.de was very well received and people appreciated
+having a privacy-friendly open source platform alternative for following the
+talks. One suggestion to convert XDC to a hybrid conference, because of carbon
+footprint and such. A few complaints about the schedule but I think we did our
+best, since moving the schedule around would have been far too difficult.
+The board also approved a budget to treat the XDC2021 organizers to a meal!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+Publically announced, no other updates.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS:
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+No updates
+ACTIONS: Lyude hopes to make time for this in the near future
+STATUS: Done
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..87677e91
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-14.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,62 @@
+Summary of the 14 October 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021,
+XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status
+Danvet was absent today so no updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+One invoice underway, no update on two others
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+We sent an email to organizers with the sponsored dinner due to their great job
+organizing XDC. They replied privately saying "thank you!" but we don't have
+more news.
+ACTIONS: Samuel will ping them again to be sure that the dinner actually happens.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+Samuel plans to create the event in indico in the coming days and setup the web,
+so organizers can start working on it whenever they want, without depending on
+us like in the past (which was the reason that we are usually late on announcing
+the web publicly)
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..3db12045
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/10-28.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,68 @@
+Summary of the 28 October 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Mark Filion,
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021,
+XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI, Turnip and Freedreno
+compliance
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org
+Danvet made some progress here. They collected a list of all of the domains that
+we need to take care of, along with who owns them (and thus who needs to be
+contacted)
+ACTIONS: Danvet to start sending out some emails soon.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 Invoices status
+One more sponsor paid for 2021
+ACTIONS: Emma to keep up the great work!
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+Organizers thank a lot the dinner offering but they prefer to donate the
+corresponding money to a NGO or similar. They will send us an email with the
+proposal for discussion and voting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+No updates here yet
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates :\
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Turnip and Freedreno compliance
+Emma applied for Khronos conformance for both Turnip and Freedreno, board votes
+to approve!
+ACTIONS: Emma to contact Khronos
+STATUS: Done
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..52b3646b
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/11-11.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,66 @@
+Summary of the 11 November 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Lyude Paul,
+Manasi Navare,
+Keith Packard,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Mark Filion,
+Emma Anholt,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.og/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, VESA open source approval/question, MIPI Alliance and CSI, Vulkan Turnip compliance
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status
+Danvet started throwing some emails around, not much esle yet
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+Emma wasn't here, so postponed till next meeting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+No news from organizers regarding the dinner
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+Samuel created the event for XDC2022 in Indico and configured it. Registration and CFP is disabled for the moment. Notified organizers so that they can start tewaking the CSS and adding info to the website. Also provided them the twitter credentials so that they can change the profile info as well.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates yet
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: VESA open source approval/question
+We got written confirmation from VESA regarding their approval of open source DisplayPort implementations, although Lyude still needs to read through it to make sure we're not missing anything. In the mean time, Lyude proposed that we should start listing VESA as an official X.org supporter, since they've gone above and beyond in helping out with open source during our interactions with them. Board voted to approve
+ACTIONS: Lyude will look over open source implementation letter from VESA, and also contact them about being mentioned as a supporter on our website
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+Lyude has not contacted the MIPI Alliance directly yet, but found some connections through her employer that might be interested in helping out with this. Lyude has contacted them.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Vulkan Turnip compliance
+Got a request from Connor Abbott for an x.org email alias so that they can submit Vulkan conformance results for Turnip. Board voted to approve.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Done
+"""]]