summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/05-06.mdwn
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/05-06.mdwn')
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/05-06.mdwn100
1 files changed, 100 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/05-06.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/05-06.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..e87a1dba
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/05-06.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,100 @@
+Summary of the 06 May 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Manasi Navare,
+
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.org & related domain status, XDC2020 invoices status, XDC2021,
+XDC2022, XDC2022 sponsors, HDMI 2.1, EVoC, sharing non-redistributable game
+traces within X.org members, equinox meeting
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org & related domain status
+We're now going through other related domains like fontconfig.org,
+cairographics.org, etc. to see what else needs to be renewed
+ACTIONS: Keith and Simon to figure out all of the domains we're currently hosting
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2020 invoices status
+Manasi wasn't present, so skipped for this meeting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+Website is almost ready, registration form is done, CfP form done, copied
+relevant content from last year, and should have a DNS redirect on xdc2021.x.org
+in the near future. CFP announcement is already done, and the board voted to
+host this conference virtually this year. Also, we're updating the travel
+sponsorship policy to include virtual conference expenses (this change was
+approved last year but we never updated the policy content). The board also
+decided to go with the same XDC schedule as last year.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+We've finished the RfP draft and will send it along with the CfP announcement.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022 sponsors
+Daniel had a chance to kick off sponsor nagging, we've already gotten Intel on
+board so far
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: HDMI 2.1
+Harry wasn't able to find any email addresses for the HDMI forum so they sent
+the letter regarding HDMI 2.1 to their employer's VESA board member. Once that
+person gets back from vacation they should receive it.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: EVoC
+We had a student inquire about EVoC that didn't get answered, apparently we
+don't actually have anyone handling EVoC anymore and haven't had anyone in a
+while.
+ACTIONS: Trevor can't make the time committment to run it anymore, so Lyude is
+going to start an email thread with them + the board to see what they suggest if
+we should continue EVoC and if so, what we need to do in order to bring the
+project back online. Once we have a better idea of that, Lyude will send out
+announcements to try to find volunteers to help run the program if we decide to
+keep it going.
+NOTE: This isn't the end of student outreach for X.org! Regardless of the
+outcome for EVoC, the current goal for the board is to get X.org involved with
+outreachy for next year.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Sharing non-redistributable game traces within X.org members
+Tomeu from Collabora proposed an idea to the board where we would work with game
+companies (likely through a liason) in order to enable the sharing of api traces
+for non-redistributable video games so that they can be used for things like
+debugging and CI. We're not entirely clear on all the details for how we'll pull
+this off quite yet.
+ACTIONS: Anholt assigned to look into this with SPI and interested parties to
+see how we could do this
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Equinox meeting
+We need to have a meeting with Equinox (formally Packet) to become familiar with
+them since they sponsor our cloud hosted services.
+ACTIONS: Mark Filion will set up a meeting with Equinox sometime this month
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]