summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/09-28.mdwn123
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/09-28.mdwn40
4 files changed, 165 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index 8f42b098..7a4497a7 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -219,3 +219,4 @@ Meetings are held every second Tuesday.
* [[Aug. 17|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/08-17]]
* [[Aug. 31|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/08-31]]
* [[Sep. 22|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/09-22]]
+* [[Sep. 28|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/09-28]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/09-28.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/09-28.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..49270274
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/09-28.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,123 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[22:49:06] [connected at Thu Sep 28 22:49:06 2017]
+[22:49:17] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[22:50:17] <agd5f> howdy
+[22:54:38] <tlwoerner> robclark might be "busy": https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/107659861834508363082/6470628089429812482?icm=false&iso=true
+[22:55:18] <robclark> heheh, yeah, you are competing against supertuxkart here :-P
+[23:00:35] <danvet> hi all!
+[23:00:52] <danvet> Agenda: XDC18, gsoc, travel payments, evoc, yearly report
+[23:03:46] <danvet> egbert, keithp agd5f bryce_ marcheu robclark Riastradh who's all around?
+[23:03:53] <bryce_> o/
+[23:04:01] <danvet> well seen you and agd5f and robclark ....
+[23:04:15] <robclark> o/
+[23:04:19] <agd5f> hey
+[23:04:51] <Riastradh> Hi!
+[23:05:12] <danvet> I think mupuf is on an airplane right now
+[23:05:31] <danvet> did egbert and keithp say anything that they're busy?
+[23:05:47] <danvet> anything to add to the agenda?
+[23:06:10] <robclark> nothing here
+[23:06:17] <agd5f> nope
+[23:06:58] <danvet> ok, gsoc is postponed, I think finance is all handled by spi and mupuf not around
+[23:07:00] <robclark> also, fwiw, I don't really have any evoc updates (or anything else really, been pre-occupied w/ conf's recently ;-))
+[23:07:00] <danvet> xdc18
+[23:07:15] <danvet> robclark, nw, I'll postpone that too
+[23:07:20] * danvet likes quick topics
+[23:07:31] * robclark happy w/ reply on xdc18 topic.. not sure if we really have enough present to vote?
+[23:07:38] <danvet> have we retired our budget concerns with samuel's answer fully? anything else?
+[23:07:52] <danvet> 5 present
+[23:08:04] <danvet> we need 4 votes
+[23:08:15] <robclark> ahh
+[23:08:21] <Riastradh> I'm postponing CoC because I suddenly have some new experience to draw from in the past couple weeks and need to digest it without revealing details.
+[23:08:28] <Riastradh> (Fun!)
+[23:08:37] <robclark> umm, hurray?
+[23:08:46] <danvet> oh ...
+[23:08:55] <bryce_> Riastradh, sympathies I'm guessing
+[23:09:02] <robclark> yeah
+[23:09:03] <danvet> Riastradh, on that, pls also check out the mail on fd.o from daniel stone
+[23:09:15] <Riastradh> danvet: On fd.o dissolution, you mean?
+[23:09:19] <danvet> yeah
+[23:09:27] <Riastradh> Saw that fly by -- still catching up on my email while I was at EuroBSDcon.
+[23:09:37] <danvet> we discussed it a bit at the xdc mtg, but probably best to keep it on board@ for now
+[23:09:43] <danvet> yeah no worries
+[23:10:05] <Riastradh> OK.
+[23:10:43] <danvet> if you can reply there would be good, even if it's just a "super busy right now"
+[23:10:51] <danvet> so xdc18
+[23:11:54] <danvet> I propose we just vote on coruña, at least I don't remember any other concerns from last week ...
+[23:12:28] <danvet> or toulouse
+[23:12:45] <bryce_> +1 for Coruña
+[23:12:58] <agd5f> +1 for Coruña
+[23:13:01] <robclark> +1
+[23:13:23] <robclark> for coruna
+[23:13:27] <Riastradh> XDC has already been to Toulouse, hasn't it? In 2014 or so?
+[23:13:37] <robclark> earlier than that, but yeah
+[23:13:52] <danvet> 7 years ago I think
+[23:14:03] <danvet> last few in europe were helsinki, bordeaux, toulouse
+[23:14:05] <danvet> reverse order
+[23:14:13] <Riastradh> Ah, Bordeaux, that's what I was thinking of.
+[23:14:26] <danvet> +1 on coruña too from me fwiw
+[23:14:46] <Riastradh> I abstain -- not enough information from me to decide.
+[23:15:23] <robclark> I think before bordeaux was germany.. nuremburg (sp?)
+[23:16:32] <bryce_> Riastradh, what info would help?
+[23:16:43] <danvet> robclark, oh right
+[23:16:59] <danvet> toulouse was my first xdc, forgot how long ago that was
+[23:17:04] <bryce_> Riastradh, or just that you want time to digest the provided info?
+[23:17:16] <Riastradh> Sounds like you have 4 for Coruña already, so no need for my vote? If you do need my vote, I will take some time to review the email thread.
+[23:17:39] <danvet> 4 is enough strictly speaking, since secretary can untie
+[23:17:41] <danvet> and I voted for it
+[23:20:01] <danvet> I'll send out mails to both samuel and maxime
+[23:20:34] <danvet> bryce_, on travel payments, do you need anything?
+[23:20:40] <danvet> do we need to vote on jake's mail?
+[23:20:46] * danvet not sure what we granted ...
+[23:20:55] <Riastradh> Cursory skim suggests Coruña is much more enthusiastic and better-prepared than Toulouse, so +1 Coruña.
+[23:21:13] <danvet> yeah it's probably the most impressive proposal we've ever gotten
+[23:21:29] <bryce_> mainly I need to remember what amounts we agreed on for the sponsorees
+[23:21:53] <bryce_> apart from that I think it's straightforward, I plan to send out emails post-meeting
+[23:22:20] <bryce_> I don't think a vote on jake's mail is necessary if it fits within what we agreed to sponsor.
+[23:22:32] <robclark> I guess there was question of splitting Jake's airfare appropriately, but I think as long as it fits in what we agree'd I'm happy
+[23:22:33] <robclark> yeah
+[23:22:36] <Riastradh> Are dates set yet? (...Can they be at least a week apart from EuroBSDcon?)
+[23:22:48] <robclark> dates not set yet
+[23:22:58] <robclark> usually try to get them set by early next year or so
+[23:23:13] <robclark> and piss off as few people as possible in the process ;-)
+[23:23:23] <danvet> bryce_, yeah if it's in line with what we granted I'd just pay the full amount too
+[23:23:43] <bryce_> did LWN run adequate summaries of XDC? I wasn't keep an eye on them.
+[23:23:49] <danvet> robclark, yeah ian's a bit over the top imo, it's not like we didn't try to make this as good as possible :-/
+[23:24:02] <danvet> bryce_, one is out already
+[23:24:04] <robclark> bryce_, they have just started to trickle out on lwn
+[23:24:09] <danvet> will probably trickle more
+[23:25:02] <bryce_> danvet, so that's it for that. I'll try to dig up the amounts and chime in later in the meeting with what I find.
+[23:25:28] <danvet> sounds good
+[23:25:46] <danvet> bryce_, maybe also ping labbot
+[23:26:46] <bryce_> Formatting is a bit messed up but here's where we voted. Looks like $1300 for Jake, $400 for Laura. https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2017/07-20/
+[23:27:21] <tlwoerner> https://lwn.net/Archives/ConferenceByYear/#2017-X.Org_Developers_Conference
+[23:27:47] <bryce_> looks like Jake's issue is not that he exceeded the amount but that some of the travel was for another conference
+[23:27:59] <danvet> he was at plumbers too
+[23:28:03] <robclark> so I think for jake we need to see what hotel + car amounted too to see how much is left for travel
+[23:28:18] <bryce_> but that's airfare only, so tbd what hotel was.
+[23:28:28] <danvet> can you ask him?
+[23:28:36] <bryce_> Anyway, I'll follow up with him and get final numbers. Seems likely his expenses fit within it.
+[23:28:45] <danvet> sounds good
+[23:28:50] <bryce_> and will follow up with Laura.
+[23:30:36] <robclark> fwiw laura is at linaro this week (so replies may delayed)
+[23:30:54] <danvet> final topic is yearly report of the secretary
+[23:31:02] <danvet> delivered at https://youtu.be/R2XHZd4uXRI?list=PLt6hUXQez2dcnyMdOp8E7cJCBSTZ6KMby&t=9114
+[23:31:53] <danvet> since no one complained I assume it's accepted?
+[23:32:15] <robclark> sgtm
+[23:32:34] <agd5f> yeah
+[23:33:36] <danvet> everyone watching Riastradh watch it ...
+[23:35:13] <bryce_> danvet, +1
+[23:35:30] <bryce_> danvet, but moar applause cues next year plz
+[23:36:00] <danvet> yeah I screwed that up a bit this year
+[23:36:19] <agd5f> +1
+[23:36:41] <keithp> was down at osuosl and that meeting ran long
+[23:38:54] <danvet> I think that's all ... anything else?
+[23:40:42] <keithp> I sent along jake's pending email to the board
+[23:41:00] <Riastradh> Oh, hi, uhhh, if you're waiting for approval from me on the yearly report, +1!
+[23:41:17] <danvet> Riastradh, :-)
+[23:41:41] <danvet> I think that's all, thx for hanging around
+[23:41:54] <robclark> cya..
+[23:41:57] * robclark back to stk
+[23:41:57] <danvet> and I'll push the final version of the slides of the report into the bod repo
+[23:42:41] <bryce_> thanks, cya!@
+"""]]
+[23:42:48] [disconnected at Thu Sep 28 23:42:48 2017]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017.mdwn
index ebbd3063..746c65ae 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017.mdwn
@@ -16,3 +16,4 @@
* [[Aug. 17|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/08-17]]
* [[Aug. 31|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/08-31]]
* [[Sep. 22|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/09-22]]
+* [[Sep. 28|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/09-28]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/09-28.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/09-28.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..d2472ea5
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2017/09-28.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,40 @@
+Summary of the 28 September 2017 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Alex Deucher,
+Daniel Vetter,
+Bryce Harrington,
+Rob Clark,
+Taylor Campbell,
+
+Absent:
+
+Martin Peres,
+Egbert Eich,
+Keith Packard,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC18, gsoc, travel payments, evoc, yearly report
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC18
+Board received two proposals, decided to select the one hosted in La Coruña,
+organized by Samuel Iglesias and team.
+ACTIONS: Daniel to send out mails.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: travel payments
+ACTIONS: Bryce is on it
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: yearly report
+Delivered by the secretary at XDC: https://youtu.be/R2XHZd4uXRI?list=PLt6hUXQez2dcnyMdOp8E7cJCBSTZ6KMby&t=9114
+Board approved it.
+STATUS: Done
+"""]]