diff options
6 files changed, 142 insertions, 1 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index bed443ad..6e759160 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -138,3 +138,7 @@ Meetings are held every second Tuesday.
* Oct 10 was a face-to-face meeting at XDC, no IRC logs available
* [[Oct. 30|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2014/10-30]]
* [[Dec. 04|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2014/12-04]]
+## 2015
+* [[Jan. 08|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/09-08]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/01-08.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/01-08.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..973c6490
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/01-08.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,72 @@
+Date is 2015-01-09, times are UTC+10.
+[[!format txt """
+--- Day changed Fri Jan 09 2015
+07:59 <+egbert> happy new year to all!
+07:59 < whot> good morning everyone and happy new year
+07:59 < agd5f> hi
+07:59 < stukreit> happy new year!
+07:59 <+alanc> good afternoon
+08:00 < marcoz> Happy New Year!
+08:00 < whot> judging by comments in another channel, keithp is travelling atm
+08:00 < marcoz> whot: is it really warm there lately?
+08:01 < whot> yes, but if you're referring to the bushfires, they're about 2000km away :)
+08:02 < marcoz> thought I read in the news last week it was like 45C down there.
+08:02 < marcoz> like ~110 Fahrenheit
+08:02 -!- marcoz [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
+08:03 < whot> so, agenda today is OPW, SPI, XDC and election (no TLA for that, but I'm sure we can find one)
+08:04 <+alanc> XBE? Xorg Board Elections?
+08:04 < whot> there we go, nice one :)
+08:05 < whot> OPW is just a status report, progress is going well, the usual light delays, etc. from what Christian sent me I don't see any red flags yet. I'll fwd that email to the board
+08:07 < whot> main delay seems to be his fdo account request and the patches queueing up. he can't push to xcb yet and the list is a tad too quiet
+08:07 <+alanc> yeah, would be good to get his account made
+08:07 < whot> so if anyone has account creation rights:
+08:08 <+egbert> why is this so hard to get an fd.o account? just unfortunate timing around christmas/new years?
+08:08 -!- marcoz [] has joined #xf-bod
+08:08 -!- marcoz [] has quit []
+08:08 <+alanc> unfortunate lack of admins to make them
+08:09 <+alanc> the backlog is not just the holidays, but years long
+08:09 < whot> egbert: not enough people processing them. we talked about this over crepes in Bordeaux and I think mupuf_ volunteered as admin
+08:09 -!- marcoz [] has joined #xf-bod
+08:09 <+egbert> this was something i asked in Bordeaux - if there is anything xorg can do to improve the situyation.
+08:09 < whot> and I vaguely recall him saying he has the permissions now but I'm not sure
+08:09 < marcoz> .
+08:09 <+egbert> ok. so let's see if this will improve.
+08:10 < marcoz> .
+08:11 <+alanc> having connection problems marcoz ?
+08:12 < marcoz> yea, sorry for the lil spam there
+08:14 < whot> ok, just got an SPI email. egbert, want to talk election while I red through it?
+08:15 <+egbert> there is nothing new. sorry, but i took the time off over christmas and new years. i just had to.
+08:15 < whot> egbert: ok no worries
+08:16 <+egbert> i will work on this until next meeting.
+08:16 < whot> thanks
+08:16 < whot> ok, back to SPI:
+08:16 < whot> we've been formally invited to join SPI
+08:16 < whot> jcristau posted the irc log, I just got the email from Martin
+08:17 < stukreit> Great News
+08:17 < whot> which means we have 90 days to get the election done. that makes it what, 9th of April or so?
+08:19 <+alanc> or 8th of April on this side of the date line
+08:19 <+alanc> but yes, that seems to be it
+08:19 <+egbert> ok.
+08:19 < stukreit> I'll be so happy to close out the checking account
+08:19 < whot> stukreit: I'm sure you're great friends with the teller already :)
+08:20 < stukreit> It's a different person every time I go in.
+08:21 <+alanc> calls out an 8 week schedule for an election cycle, so we only have a couple weeks extra to make that date
+08:22 < whot> right. egbert, if you need any help with the election bits, let me know. better timezone coverage this way :)
+08:22 <+egbert> sure
+08:22 <+egbert> thanks!
+08:23 < whot> ok, last point is XDC 2015: I forwarded Tom's answers to our questions. We didn't have any extra for Rob (Boston), if anyone has any now let me know
+08:24 < whot> otherwise, we should schedule a vote for which one we're picking. better to give appropriate heads-up
+08:27 < whot> so how about next meeting?
+08:27 <+egbert> yeah, sounds reasonable.
+08:28 <+alanc> sure
+08:28 < marcoz> yea
+08:29 < whot> alright, that's it from my side. anyone has anything else?
+08:29 <+egbert> not for today.
+08:29 < agd5f> nothing here
+08:29 <+alanc> I don't
+08:29 <+egbert> stukreit, marcoz?
+08:30 < marcoz> nope
+08:30 < stukreit> nope nope
+08:30 <+egbert> ok, good night :)
+08:30 < whot> alright, in that case: thanks for attending, meet again in two weeks
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries.mdwn
index 018d3ec0..eb72803e 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries.mdwn
@@ -7,3 +7,4 @@ Summaries of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardO
* [[2011|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2011]]
* [[2013|/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2013]]
* [[2014|/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2014]]
+* [[2015|/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2014.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2014.mdwn
index 07e6c1bb..f4dc709e 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2014.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2014.mdwn
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
Summaries of the 2014 meetings of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]].
[[!table header="no" class="mointable" data="""
- [[<< 2013|/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2013]] | 2014
+ [[<< 2013|/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2013]] | 2014 | [[>> 2015|/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015]]
* [[Jan. 09|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2014/01-09]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..61486116
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,6 @@
+Summaries of the 2015 meetings of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]].
+[[!table header="no" class="mointable" data="""
+ [[<< 2014|/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2014]] | 2015
+* [[Jan. 08|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015/01-08]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015/01-09.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015/01-09.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..ea849c3f
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2015/01-09.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,58 @@
+Summary of the 08 January 2015 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/09-08|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/01-09]].
+## Attendees
+* Alex Deucher, Peter Hutterer, Egbert Eich, Stuart Kreitmann, Matt Dew, Alan Coopersmith,
+* Keith Packard, Martin Peres
+## Summary
+Today, the SPI Board unanimously voted to formally invite the X.Org
+Foundation to become an Associated Project. This vote has been a while in
+the making and we're proud that we're now on the home stretch.
+Joing SPI removes much of the legal and accounting administrative work from
+the X.Org Board, leaving us to focus on the things we should be doing:
+promoting X, Wayland, Open Graphics, organizing developer conferences and
+promoting graphics development through participation in coding programs
+(GSoC, OPW, EVoC).
+## Items discussed
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: OPW status
+OPW is progressing well, no red flags spotted at this point. Christian L
+(the mentor) needs a freedesktop account soon, we'll check if we can extend
+the number of ppl who can approve accounts.
+STATUS: Complete
+ITEM: X.Org to join SPI
+SPI formally invited us, see the resolution posted here
+The invitation must be formally accepted by the X.Org membership, the X.Org
+Board will organize an election asap to put this to the vote.
+ACTION: Member vote to be held to join SPI
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: Election pending
+The SPI resolution must be voted on and four of the board members' terms are
+up. An election will be scheduled asap, we have 90 days to accept the SPI
+ACTION: Egbert E., Peter H. to handle the election schedule
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC 2015
+The questions we sent to the organizers of next year's XDC (the proposals)
+came back over the christmas break. We now need to decide between Toronto
+and Boston.
+ACTION: Board to vote on XDC location next meeting
+STATUS: Pending