summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn6
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/06-22.mdwn73
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-06.mdwn126
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20.mdwn103
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-17.mdwn88
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-31.mdwn104
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/09-14.mdwn46
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn6
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/06-22.mdwn44
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-06.mdwn49
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20.mdwn47
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-17.mdwn37
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-31.mdwn53
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/09-14.mdwn42
-rw-r--r--Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches.mdwn2
-rw-r--r--Events/PapersCommittee.mdwn1
16 files changed, 826 insertions, 1 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index f2bc8f5f..61867f64 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -352,3 +352,9 @@ Meetings are held every second Thursday.
* [[May. 12|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/05-12]]
* [[May. 25|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/05-25]]
* [[Jun. 08|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/06-08]]
+* [[Jun. 22|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/06-22]]
+* [[Jul. 06|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-06]]
+* [[Jul. 20|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20]]
+* [[Aug. 17|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-17]]
+* [[Aug. 31|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-31]]
+* [[Sep. 14|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/09-14]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/06-22.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/06-22.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..db9609f1
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/06-22.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,73 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[12:00:24] [connected at Wed Jun 22 12:00:24 2022]
+[12:00:24] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[12:00:58] * rg3igalia waves
+[12:01:55] <Lyude> Hi everyone, time for rolecall! anholt_ (if you're around but I don't think so), daniels, mdnavare_, mfilion, rg3igalia
+[12:02:01] <mfilion> o/
+[12:02:19] <Lyude> not sure where alyssa is
+[12:03:05] <Lyude> oh oops, wrong daniel
+[12:03:08] <Lyude> *danvet
+[12:05:57] <Lyude> so, I want to start the meeting but we only have 3 people right now :\, which doesn't meet quorum (and, I'm not sure we could really do much with 3 people anyway)
+[12:06:53] <mfilion> starting to think moving to this day/time wasn't ideal lol
+[12:07:18] <rg3igalia> What do we do normally in this case?
+[12:07:43] <Lyude> rg3igalia: usually skip the meeting (this has happened before jfyi), although I'd kind of like to get action on the stuff that bentiss brought up
+[12:07:44] <rg3igalia> Try another day perhaps? Previous schedule?
+[12:08:46] <Lyude> if folks respond on time to rescheduling that would work, but I wouldn't hold my breath too much since I don't know that I've ever tried that before
+[12:09:37] <Lyude> I'll poke folks and see if they're up for that, for now though we may as well at least try to go over the stuff that bentiss sent out to us and I'll nag the rest of the board members to respond via email
+[12:10:08] <Lyude> basically https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/freedesktop/-/issues/438 bentiss was wondering what we thought of this proposal to limit CI access to curb the issues we've been having with people trying to mine play money on our gitlab instance
+[12:11:07] <Lyude> mfilion, rg3igalia ?
+[12:11:30] * rg3igalia booting up desktop, one minute
+[12:13:03] <mfilion> I don't understand it all well enough but bentiss is the one dealing with this, and if he wants to try this, then why not
+[12:13:44] <rg3igalia> that URL is a 404 to me, BTW
+[12:14:00] <Lyude> rg3igalia: you need to be logged in but maybe you aren't added to the gitlab permissions, one sec
+[12:14:24] <rg3igalia> thanks, I'm logged in indeed
+[12:14:57] <daniels> I have Opinions but I don't have time to meaningfully contribute so am going to sit this one out
+[12:15:09] <Lyude> rg3igalia: what's your gitlab username?
+[12:15:35] <rg3igalia> Lyude: same as here, rg3igalia
+[12:15:52] <rg3igalia> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/rg3igalia
+[12:15:57] * anholt_ here now
+[12:16:14] <anholt_> oh, but I do need to leave in 15 minutes
+[12:16:27] <Lyude> anholt_: that's fine, if you could just comment on what I posted that's good enough
+[12:16:51] <Lyude> rg3igalia: try now
+[12:17:08] <rg3igalia> it works, thanks
+[12:18:00] <mdnavare_> Hi All, sorry joining late
+[12:18:19] <rg3igalia> I'm not an expert, but the proposal seems reasonable to me
+[12:18:21] <Lyude> oh hey we have quorum no
+[12:18:23] <Lyude> *now
+[12:18:44] <Lyude> and yeah me as well, +1 from me
+[12:18:49] * rg3igalia be back in ~15 minutes
+[12:19:47] <Lyude> mdnavare: let me know what you think about the draft that got posted
+[12:20:37] <mdnavare> Lyude: Sure looking right now
+[12:25:03] <mdnavare> Its the one with Xorg/Freedesktop joining SFC right?
+[12:25:13] <Lyude> mdnavare: no it's the one I linked above, hold on
+[12:25:35] <Lyude> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/freedesktop/-/issues/438
+[12:26:54] <Lyude> hey alyssa, if you could give feedback on https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/freedesktop/-/issues/438 that would be appreciated
+[12:27:02] <alyssa> 404
+[12:27:10] <Lyude> hfjdsfh lemme fix
+[12:27:38] <Lyude> alyssa: fixed
+[12:27:54] <mdnavare> Lyude: Perfect, thanks yes this looks good for restricted access of the runners
+[12:28:12] * alyssa reads
+[12:29:03] <Lyude> also, a bit out of order since I didn't know if we were going to reach quorum earlier but I'll mention the full agenda in a minute, tbh this is really the biggest thing on the agenda though
+[12:31:33] <anholt_> ok, replied to the shared runner issue. got to go.
+[12:31:41] <Lyude> np thanks!
+[12:34:54] <Lyude> I guess I'll go over the rest of the agenda while we wait actually: XDC2022/XDC2023, GSoC/outreachy/EVoC. MIPI alliance and CSI,. On the MIPI alliance and csi: no updates, still need to poke the person who said they'd be willing to help us find contacts for this. XDC2022/XDC2023: no updates, other then coming up with a group to review CFPs
+[12:35:45] <Lyude> Oh - also, we had a request from the freedesktop admins to see if we could get a VM for various legacy services. I think we'd likely go about that by poking equinix
+[12:37:59] <Lyude> alyssa: regarding your comment, do you think we should approve this draft or?
+[12:38:44] <mfilion> I unfortunately need to run. We should definitely try to change the of this meeting again, clearly it doesn't work well if we can only start talking agenda 35 minutes into it.
+[12:39:08] <Lyude> yeah :\, I'll send emails again. it's possible that folks are still getting used to the new meeting time
+[12:39:16] <Lyude> (emails about changing the time I mean)
+[12:39:41] <alyssa> Lyude: I don't know. Probably? I'm just very nervous.
+[12:39:53] <mfilion> awesome thks Lyude
+[12:41:18] <Lyude> alyssa: fwiw I actually have a lot more experience w/ dealing with folks spamming services, back when I still was an IRC admin on ponychat we had folks try to ddos constantly. the thing really comes down to just playing the arms race until they inevitably get bored and try somewhere else. it's usually not a constant back and forth between trying to stop spammers and spammers fighting
+[12:41:20] <Lyude> back
+[12:42:29] <Lyude> I guess as well any system is going to have some potential for abuse, it's about trying to minimize it wherever we can
+[12:42:40] <alyssa> Lyude: that's fair. I know machines, not humans.
+[12:42:49] <alyssa> and I can tell you what the machine's next move would be.
+[12:43:00] <alyssa> but these are hoomans we're up against, eh
+[12:43:11] <Lyude> oh sorry, I meant to say *a lot more experience then it might seem
+[12:43:15] <Lyude> not just *a lot more
+[12:43:25] <alyssa> well, they're both accurate :]
+[12:44:01] <Lyude> anyway, I guess I can say this approach is approved, although the draft might need a few small changes
+[12:44:35] <Lyude> I think since we don't have that many people here we'll just table the VM stuff for legacy services until the next meeting, thanks for coming everyone!
+[14:10:46] [disconnected at Wed Jun 22 14:10:46 2022]
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-06.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-06.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..6d9fcc3c
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-06.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,126 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[12:13:50] [connected at Wed Jul 6 12:13:50 2022]
+[12:13:50] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[12:14:05] <Lyude> there we go :), should be happy now. gimme a sec to type up the agenda
+[12:15:36] <Lyude> Hi everyone, time for roll call: alyssa, anholt_, mfilion, rg3igalia, mdnavare (cc tlwoerner ?)
+[12:15:52] * rg3igalia waves
+[12:16:00] <alyssa> hi hi
+[12:16:26] <anholt_> here
+[12:16:29] <mfilion> o/
+[12:17:54] <Lyude> Agenda for today: XDC2022 / XDC2023, MIPI alliance and CSI, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC (if tlwoerner is here)
+[12:18:12] <siqueira> Hi, I'll add the report for GSoC today :)
+[12:18:26] <Lyude> oh - and getting a VM for legacy services (will need to check whether we went over that last meeting but I don't think we did)
+[12:18:29] <Lyude> siqueira: sgtm!
+[12:18:37] <anholt_> err, wasn't sfc our main agenda item?
+[12:19:04] <Lyude> anholt_: somewhat but I had thought we were doing most of the discussion around that via email unless we had specific points to discuss?
+[12:19:49] * Lyude also may have just misunderstood
+[12:20:04] * rg3igalia needs to go away for 5 minutes, brb (perfect moment, doh!)
+[12:20:13] <anholt_> ok, email works.
+[12:21:25] <Lyude> So for MIPI/CSI: no updates for me, dropped the ball on that one since last two weeks were very busy for me but I'll try to get on it this week since things should be calmer now
+[12:21:39] <Lyude> siqueira: do you want to go over outreach stuff?
+[12:21:50] <siqueira> Sure
+[12:22:52] <siqueira> For GSoC, we have three students who have already had tremendous progress. You can see their recent reports aggregated at: https://flusp.ime.usp.br/blogs/
+[12:22:59] * rg3igalia back
+[12:23:05] <alyssa> siqueira: woo!
+[12:23:09] <siqueira> Their main series are available at:
+[12:23:13] <siqueira> https://lore.kernel.org/amd-gfx/20220608010709.272962-1-maira.canal@usp.br/
+[12:23:17] <siqueira> https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/20220702131116.457444-1-maira.canal@usp.br/
+[12:23:22] <siqueira> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/105294/
+[12:23:41] <siqueira> They are pushing really hard to enable Kunit in amdgpu drivers and DRM :)
+[12:23:47] <Lyude> :D
+[12:23:53] <rg3igalia> that's great to hear
+[12:23:57] <Lyude> a student after my own heart, love it
+[12:24:20] <anholt_> neat!
+[12:24:56] <siqueira> This year, I also requested them to write tutorials and blog posts under the FLUSP website (student group) because I want to aggregate content about DRM/AMDGPU/KUNIT/GSOC in an easy way for newcomers to read.
+[12:25:06] <alyssa> Exciting :)
+[12:25:07] <siqueira> Finally, they submit a talk to XDC and Linux Plumbers
+[12:25:14] <siqueira> and I guess that's all :)
+[12:25:28] <mfilion> nice update, thanks siqueira!
+[12:25:42] <alyssa> GSoC students work as a team now?
+[12:25:46] * alyssa OOtL
+[12:26:16] <siqueira> Yeah! I decided to make them work as a group to support each other and create a sense of community...
+[12:26:17] <Lyude> alyssa: they can I believe, it's just not a default
+[12:26:26] <alyssa> nice :-)
+[12:26:32] <Lyude> siqueira: oooooh, I didn't realize it was intentional. Nice thinking :)
+[12:26:45] <siqueira> Thanks :)
+[12:27:49] <Lyude> OK - so for XDC2022/XDC2023 there's a few updates... and something I just noticed that seems rather important
+[12:28:12] <Lyude> I was going to mention that the deadline for CFP for x.org was coming soon but I just noticed https://indico.freedesktop.org/event/2/abstracts/ the deadline mentioned here is september 5th
+[12:28:30] <rg3igalia> yes, I can explain that
+[12:28:47] <mfilion> both Wine & XR have their own deadline
+[12:28:51] <Lyude> aaah right
+[12:29:02] * Lyude a bit tired right now
+[12:29:13] <mfilion> but XDC's has closed (although I still think it should be extended a little)
+[12:29:19] <rg3igalia> the deadline was July 4th as in previous years, so when the CfP closed, I reached out to the Wineconf and XR guys
+[12:29:38] <Lyude> ok - anyway XDC cfp passed, but I guess the question is if we want to extend it. rg3igalia you said we already have more then we can schedule right?
+[12:29:58] <rg3igalia> and the XR guys mentioned they wanted to extend it to Sep 5th, and the Wineconf guys agreed it was a good deadline, so I reopened it with that date
+[12:30:08] <alyssa> are we reviewing now?
+[12:30:16] <rg3igalia> but I did several changes to make it clear the full slots and half slots for XDC are closed
+[12:30:38] <rg3igalia> I'm not opposed to reopening the CfP if you agree we really want that, let me give you the numbers
+[12:30:45] <Lyude> alyssa: possibly, I think we're currently figuring out if we want to extend
+[12:31:21] <mfilion> 24-25 talks for 19 slots doesn't seem like much of a selection, means only a handful get rejected
+[12:31:40] <Lyude> that's pretty normal tbh
+[12:31:44] <rg3igalia> at a minimum, we have 24 full-slot proposals, and 9 half-slot proposals, yes
+[12:32:01] <Lyude> mfilion: it's actually recent that we even started getting enough talks to reject more then one or two, if even
+[12:32:03] <rg3igalia> the typical schedule could contain like 19 full-slots and 5 half-slots
+[12:32:21] <alyssa> I am extremely biased, but of the full slots, 9 are Mesa talks, and ideally they'd all be accepted :-)
+[12:32:50] <rg3igalia> if we agree to reopen, we should announce it, and set a new deadline, I guess, not too far away in the future
+[12:33:28] <mfilion> @lyude still, last year we had 49 total for XDC, this year we have 41 total, which include Wine & XR talks too
+[12:33:54] <alyssa> Do we expect that there are talks that have not been submitted yet, but will be submitted and are better than the 19 best talks we have now?
+[12:34:03] <alyssa> (talking full slots, sub in the numbers for half.)
+[12:34:19] <alyssa> Will there be talks that miss the deadline that are worth booting out the current talks for?
+[12:34:44] <alyssa> If we're going to extend just to reject all the new talks, that's not helpful to anyone
+[12:34:47] <alyssa> wastes our time and there's
+[12:34:52] <alyssa> theirs
+[12:34:54] <Lyude> mfilion: yeah but I thought we didn't have extra slots for XDC talks at this point
+[12:35:31] <mfilion> isn't the point of a CfP to get the most talks possible to choose from so we can get a quality schedule in the end?
+[12:36:11] <mfilion> if everyone is happy with just going with what we have, then ok
+[12:36:27] <rg3igalia> of course, the question is if we think we already have a high number of quality proposals, and if there are any important proposals that we have missed
+[12:36:40] <rg3igalia> on my side, I think all the "usual suspects" have submitted proposals
+[12:36:44] <alyssa> i mean. it's not an amazing line up. but yeah, what important proposals are we missing?
+[12:37:21] <alyssa> rg3igalia: I think same here
+[12:37:56] <alyssa> er, #15 and #16 seem to be duplicates
+[12:38:01] <alyssa> I guess subtract one from all the above numbers
+[12:38:21] <rg3igalia> it was submitted for both XDC and FOSS XR
+[12:38:27] <alyssa> right I see that now. confusing.
+[12:38:33] <Lyude> yeah I think I'm fine with keeping the deadline
+[12:38:45] <mfilion> alright.
+[12:38:54] <alyssa> anholt_: are you submitting any talks this year? :-p
+[12:39:00] <anholt_> nope
+[12:39:12] <mfilion> in that case we can finish the schedule this week, shouldn't take more than a day to review 23-24 talks and eliminate 4-5
+[12:39:22] <alyssa> Okay, I take that back
+[12:39:28] <alyssa> we're missing an important proposal, extend the deadline! :-p
+[12:39:33] <alyssa> ;-P
+[12:39:39] <mfilion> what are we missing?
+[12:39:40] <Lyude> alyssa: like actually?
+[12:40:04] <rg3igalia> is anyone aware of someone who has missed the deadline and would like the deadline extended?
+[12:40:31] <Lyude> ahh I think it was a joke
+[12:41:11] <alyssa> hm do we have any Intel talks?
+[12:41:18] <Lyude> alright, other stuff with XDC2023: there's a meeting right after this board meeting with one of the folks from PEI to discuss their interest in hosting us
+[12:42:12] <Lyude> So if anyone wants to join the details should be in email, if they aren't for some reason (p sure I forwarded most of it to the board) let me know and I'll send you the relevant links
+[12:42:34] <mfilion> alyssa I don't think I saw any (from intel)
+[12:43:43] <Lyude> also, regarding the VM stuff: tl;dr the admins asked if we could look into getting a VM for hosting some of the legacy services, so I guess we should poke equinix and see if they might be able to help out with that?
+[12:44:38] <daniels> Equinix is not what we want for that
+[12:44:50] <Lyude> daniels: I guess what do you want from our side regarding this?
+[12:45:17] <daniels> it can be at PSU, just that the one admin (Tollef) who understands it has no time to do it, and the others have no time to learn it
+[12:45:35] <daniels> I don’t know who asked you for what but we can’t run SMTP on Equinix
+[12:46:27] <Lyude> I had just kind of assumed equinix for lack of any other suggestion
+[12:46:51] <Lyude> daniels: gotcha. I guess that's more on us just trying to find someone who has the time to do it then
+[12:47:07] <Lyude> oh also bentiss had been the one who mentioned the VM iirc
+[12:47:39] <daniels> fair enough - and yeah new blood would be excellent
+[12:50:22] <Lyude> Alright - I think that's pretty much it for this meeting, will probably take a bit to type up meeting notes and end secretary since I'm going right into the PEI meeting in 10 mins. if anyone's attending just a heads up: they're using MS teams so make sure it's working somewhat with your machine beforehand
+[12:50:45] <rg3igalia> I won't be attending, but I want to mention a couple of details regarding XDC2022 if possible
+[12:51:35] <rg3igalia> so Sam was coordinating the CfP committee last year, IIRC, and he gave me some information about the procedure he followed
+[12:52:07] <rg3igalia> there are a couple of details that may be important to do that, I'll send an email regarding what to do next
+[12:52:22] <rg3igalia> and also, I think we're too few reviewers
+[12:52:38] <rg3igalia> ideally I'd like to have more people from the kernel
+[12:52:54] <rg3igalia> was going to ask anholt_ to participate, and/or danvet but he's on holidays
+[12:53:17] <rg3igalia> maybe someone with a WSI background as well? daniels maybe?
+[12:53:40] <daniels> sure happy to
+[12:54:42] <rg3igalia> thanks!
+[12:54:51] <mfilion> with daniels reviewing, you're good to go rg3igalia
+[12:55:16] <rg3igalia> will wait a bit for anholt_'s reply and will send an email about the review process in a few days to kickstart the process
+[12:57:03] <mfilion> sure ok
+[12:57:24] <mfilion> just saying, anholt & daniels will very likely have the same exact opinion on which talks to approve lol
+[12:57:43] <rg3igalia> :)
+"""]]
+[16:25:54] [disconnected at Wed Jul 6 16:25:54 2022]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..e299e30c
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,103 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[12:26:09] [connected at Wed Jul 20 12:26:09 2022]
+[12:26:10] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[12:28:47] <Lyude> Hi everyone! So the agenda today: XDC2022/XDC2023, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI alliance and CSI, and vaccination for XDC I guess
+[12:29:30] <Lyude> On XDC2022: CFP just finished up today! We got a pretty good number of talks as well
+[12:30:19] <Lyude> Regarding XDC2023: me, mfilion and (iirc?) alyssa met with PEI to discuss hosting which went pretty well, I'm quite interested to hear what PEI has to offer
+[12:30:41] <Lyude> Gave them some previous year's RFPs as reference also
+[12:31:29] <Lyude> tlwoerner, siqueira - either of you around for GSoC/EVoC stuff?
+[12:31:43] <siqueira> yes
+[12:31:54] <siqueira> I'll give my report for GSoC
+[12:33:34] <rg3igalia> regarding XDC 2022 I can talk a bit about the selection process and voting
+[12:34:15] <Lyude> rg3igalia: sure, feel free to go after siqueira
+[12:34:47] <siqueira> Should I start now? Sorry, Idk the report protocol...
+[12:34:52] <Lyude> oh yeah lol, sorry
+[12:35:08] <siqueira> Ok, let me start :)
+[12:36:20] <siqueira> We are approaching the first evaluation, and I think we are really happy with the student performance. We asked them to update their work, and send new versions of their pathces and start to publish some blog posts
+[12:36:31] <siqueira> We will see some of them soon in the freedesktop planet
+[12:37:03] <siqueira> They also asked for sponsorship for this year's XDC.
+[12:37:21] <alyssa> Woohoo!
+[12:38:16] <siqueira> About the sponsorship, we also have a non-gsoc student that is working with the students. I asked her to send an email to the board.
+[12:38:24] <Lyude> siqueira: cool! we can vote to approve that once we've got an invoice from them :)
+[12:38:31] <Lyude> (I think that's how it works iirc)
+[12:39:25] <rg3igalia> I don't know how it works, but I was going to comment a bit about travel sponsorship for XDC
+[12:39:25] <siqueira> I guess that's all from my side. Idk if I can vote since I'm not part of the board...
+[12:39:49] <Lyude> rg3igalia: sure go ahead. and siqueira sounds good :)
+[12:40:10] <rg3igalia> we have 3 cases of travel sponsorship this year
+[12:40:45] <rg3igalia> the presenters for the kunit talk have requested sponsorship and I think their numbers are realistic (I don't know if they'd need to be increased given siqueira's comments above)
+[12:40:48] <daniels> Lyude: you should probably change the time in secretary bot too :P
+[12:41:00] <Lyude> sigh, thought I fixed that already
+[12:41:12] <rg3igalia> the request is around ~$9000
+[12:41:50] <Lyude> rg3igalia: how many presenters is this?
+[12:41:54] <rg3igalia> or ~3000 in total per speaker
+[12:42:04] <Lyude> also cc: anholt
+[12:42:17] <rg3igalia> I've already booked my flights and hotel for XDC, their proposal sounds realistic
+[12:42:41] <rg3igalia> they've probably received advice from Melissa and/or siqueira on this?
+[12:42:45] <Lyude> alright, would probably be good to get that itemized fwiw
+[12:43:02] <Lyude> but if they've got the expenses I think we can vote on them now
+[12:43:33] <siqueira> rg3igalia yes, we tried to help them with the request.
+[12:43:35] <rg3igalia> 1500/2000 for the flight tickets and ~1000 for the hotel, which sounds realistic to me
+[12:43:46] <Lyude> ahhh yeah that sounds about right then
+[12:43:53] <rg3igalia> and matches my experience, but I'm flying from Europe
+[12:44:02] <Lyude> I forgot how much airfare has gone up as well
+[12:44:08] <rg3igalia> yes, indeed
+[12:44:38] <Lyude> alyssa, danvet, mdnavare, mfilion, who all is available for voting on this?
+[12:45:04] <alyssa> I'm sort of here
+[12:46:01] <Lyude> we need at least 4 people for quorum though, if we can't get it now then we can vote on it over email
+[12:47:02] <Lyude> mhh - I think we should probably just do this over email
+[12:47:22] <rg3igalia> ok, we can vote several ones at the same time over email
+[12:47:35] <Lyude> Same for the vaccination question since we don't have enough people here
+[12:47:42] <Lyude> rg3igalia: sgtm
+[12:47:50] <rg3igalia> the second one is a request from kevin brace
+[12:48:21] <danvet> Lyude, here-ish now
+[12:48:29] * danvet went for dinner instead of bod mtg
+[12:48:31] <rg3igalia> it's my understanding travel sponsorship doesn't take into account if the talk is approved or not, likely one of his proposals is going to be accepted but can't be completely sure
+[12:48:44] <danvet> +1 on the 9k for 3 people from me
+[12:48:52] <alyssa> which talk was that again?
+[12:49:07] <rg3igalia> KUnit sorcery and the uncanny nature of FPU in the DRM
+[12:49:18] <danvet> alyssa, we extended our travel sponsor program to essential "bother to submit a proposal"
+[12:49:49] <danvet> as long as the proposal looks like it's somewhat relevant to the community and they look like they'd benefit from attending we acked
+[12:49:59] <danvet> and even with that only got to like 16k grants pre-covid
+[12:50:03] <danvet> so pleeeeeenty of budget
+[12:50:06] <rg3igalia> anyway, back to kevin brace, he submitted a very detailed and itemized list totalling like $500 that's, to me, totally unrealistic
+[12:50:17] <danvet> uh kevin brace
+[12:50:28] <rg3igalia> I sgugest we accept it and increase the budget to something like $1000, but dunno
+[12:50:31] <Lyude> depends where he lives but yeah
+[12:50:33] <danvet> rg3igalia, for a lot of things we decided on lump sump, if they ask for it
+[12:50:46] <danvet> rg3igalia, imo 500$ is ok
+[12:51:10] <alyssa> oh, it looks like he's also doing a lightning talk
+[12:51:18] <danvet> since we run the travel grants on a as-needs basis
+[12:51:21] <alyssa> so will be speaking regardless, then
+[12:51:24] <danvet> i.e. they get what they ask for :-)
+[12:51:42] <rg3igalia> I don't know where he's going to stay for that money, but I can do the sum again just in case I'm misremembering his proposal
+[12:51:48] <danvet> some only flights, some include the daily food thing we have with some kind of local col scale
+[12:52:25] <danvet> rg3igalia, iirc he was fairly cheap when he asked for travel grant for last physical NA xdc too
+[12:52:28] <danvet> and seems to have worked out
+[12:53:01] <danvet> btw I need to disappear in a few minutes
+[12:53:05] <Lyude> alyssa: would you be up to voting on the covid thing?
+[12:53:49] <Lyude> danvet: yeah - we only have 2 things after this, which is MIPI - still need to contact the person sorry, and then requiring vaccination. but if we want we can also just do that over email
+[12:54:17] * rg3igalia doing the math again on his proposal, likely to total close to ~600 but it was some weeks ago already
+[12:54:31] <danvet> rg3igalia, https://www.x.org/wiki/XorgFoundation/Policies/Reimbursement/ <- in case you werent aware, we pretty much just checked the travel grant request against that
+[12:54:42] <rg3igalia> danvet: thanks
+[12:54:54] <rg3igalia> so I say we accept his proposal?
+[12:55:02] <rg3igalia> +1 from me too
+[12:55:02] <danvet> rg3igalia, three's links for per diem lump sum and stuff so it's not too onerous on us
+[12:55:06] <Lyude> I'm fine with it, +1 from me
+[12:55:06] <danvet> yeah imo too
+[12:55:20] <danvet> rg3igalia, maybe if you can send a mail to board@ with all the travel requests and we vote there?
+[12:55:25] <danvet> since I need to go now ...
+[12:55:33] <Lyude> yeah, probably a good idea
+[12:55:47] <rg3igalia> the third one is jakan tegi, he said he would update the travel sponsor requirement, I pinged him but he didn't reply
+[12:56:06] <rg3igalia> sorry, jagan teki
+[12:56:39] <Lyude> rg3igalia: alright, I'd probably forward that to the board list since we're getting pretty close to the end of the meeting anyway
+[12:57:05] <Lyude> sorry y'all for the scheduling mistake on my part today, I think we can call this the end of the meeting though!
+[12:57:10] <rg3igalia> and finally just a status update on the voting: thanks everyone for voting on time!
+[12:57:26] <Lyude> np! :)
+[12:57:39] <rg3igalia> I'll need to run a second round of votes and send my conclusions over email with some suggestions so we can, perhaps with one more week, have a final selection of talks
+[12:58:14] <alyssa> +1 to the thing daniels emailed about, btw...
+[13:08:08] <danvet> +1 on rg3igalia sending something like that out to nv+amd as paper chair, I think it would be a good message
+[13:08:18] <danvet> once we have the program
+[14:10:05] <mfilion> oops I logged in earlier today and saw meeting was at 7 pm so thought it had returned to the previous time....
+[14:34:46] * anholt here now
+"""]]
+[15:45:07] [disconnected at Wed Jul 20 15:45:07 2022]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-17.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-17.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..53887fc9
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-17.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,88 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[12:03:06] [connected at Wed Aug 17 12:03:06 2022]
+[12:03:06] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[12:04:16] * danvet waves
+[12:04:17] <Lyude> Thanks secretary! Time for role call, mdnavare_ (also sorry! I didn't see the underscore at the end of your name so you may not have gotten a meeting reminder), rg3igalia, anholt
+[12:04:40] <rg3igalia> hi
+[12:05:14] <Lyude> woooo we have quorum
+[12:06:30] <Lyude> So topics for today: XDC2022/XDC2023, requiring vaccination for covid at XDC, and rg3igalia do we have any travel approval or XDC schedule stuff that needs to be gone over?
+[12:07:22] <rg3igalia> all travel sponsoring requests have been approved and the people have been notified, no need to go over any more requests right now
+[12:07:58] <danvet> rg3igalia, thx a lot for taking care of that
+[12:08:09] <Lyude> yeah thank you :)
+[12:08:13] <rg3igalia> re: xdc 2022 we have a preliminar schedule already, but we're still missing confirmation of 3 talks I judged today
+[12:08:17] <rg3igalia> np!
+[12:08:43] <rg3igalia> we could publish the schedule as soon as they're confirmed
+[12:09:08] * Lyude looking at email now
+[12:10:24] <Lyude> danvet, mfilion - what are your opinions on the PSR-SU and freesync stuff?
+[12:11:09] <rg3igalia> so far those are not needed, but it would be good to have them in mind in case one or two talks are dropped for some reason
+[12:11:53] <danvet> freesync stuff?
+[12:11:59] <mfilion> haha yeah same question here
+[12:12:16] <Lyude> danvet, mfilion: the two XDC talks from AMD that were rejected
+[12:12:47] <danvet> Lyude, yeah I'm trying to find some kind of mail or whatever?
+[12:12:56] <Lyude> ah one sec, lemme get the subject
+[12:12:57] <danvet> or I'm just massively lost?
+[12:13:03] <Lyude> Possible XDC 2022 explicit synchronization workshop
+[12:13:13] <danvet> like the past few weeks have been a complete mess here, but I'm slowly recovering :-/
+[12:13:48] <danvet> Lyude, isn't that about the sync/fencing talks from bas and james?
+[12:13:55] <danvet> that's not the psr/freesync stuff
+[12:14:12] <rg3igalia> I don't think mfillion is familiar with that, he's not in the CfP committee :\
+[12:14:15] <danvet> and it looks like we ended up accepting these two to fill free slots, per some mail from rg3igalia I just got
+[12:14:18] <Lyude> oh right, sorry lol
+[12:14:29] <danvet> I didn't see anything around psr/freesync fly by
+[12:14:41] <danvet> rg3igalia, btw maybe cc: board on these for less confusion :-)
+[12:14:44] <Lyude> danvet: sorry, it was the two lower links in the email. I just reread it though and realized it was mostly about james and bas
+[12:15:15] <Lyude> tbh then I think we can just keep the other talks in mind then if we did it with the nvidia talks
+[12:15:26] <rg3igalia> danvet: yeah, I'm only now getting used to CC board just in case for almost everything :)
+[12:15:41] <danvet> my take is that this is cfp lead discretion
+[12:16:05] <Lyude> alright, sgtm then
+[12:16:12] <danvet> like we discussed all the tradeoffs and everything, in the end for finalized program it's imo best if a single head does these last calls
+[12:16:28] <mfilion> +1
+[12:16:39] <danvet> like should we add one more half slot or maybe keep some talks open for a bit longer (i.e. not yet reject them) in case we need or whatever
+[12:16:52] <danvet> trying to shovel these through full cfp board every time takes forever
+[12:17:02] <Lyude> yeah, that makes sense
+[12:17:09] <danvet> in the past when I wasnt sure I just wrote up a proposal and ask 1-2 others to ack and done
+[12:17:41] <danvet> like also sometimes I picked another talk just to get to a more balanced program that covered every topic that was submitted and things like that
+[12:18:14] <Lyude> I think we can just move on to the next topic then: XDC2022/XDC2023
+[12:18:57] <Lyude> Don't think there's really much new to report on here, we got the official proposal for XDC2023 from the one interested party we've been talking to but I haven't had the time to go over it quite yet
+[12:19:46] <mfilion> yeah likewise, haven't had a chance to look at what they sent Lyude
+[12:20:14] <rg3igalia> what they sent is in the mailing list already? sorry if I missed the email
+[12:20:47] <mfilion> not sure, possibly only to Lyude and myself, and then a university also reached out I think
+[12:20:52] <Lyude> That just leaves the vaccination stuff: do we want to try requiring that for XDC this year? It kinda feels like a no-brainer to me, and I think just having a simple requirement of one of either online (as in someone just takes their phone out and shows us an online record) or physical vaccine verification
+[12:20:59] <Lyude> mfilion: I think the university is with PEI
+[12:21:08] <mfilion> yes yes that's what I meant
+[12:21:11] <mfilion> both PEI
+[12:21:38] <Lyude> rg3igalia: I will double check to make sure they sent it to everyone after the meeting
+[12:21:54] <danvet> just discussed the covid measure thing a bit with mfilion, it sounds like osseu+lpc will go with (vax or test) plus masks
+[12:22:14] <danvet> which sounds reasonable-ish to me and if we just follow that might be simplest and avoid endless bikesheds
+[12:22:23] <rg3igalia> vaccination or masks? I thought we had discussed maybe requiring masks, not 100% sure about vaccination
+[12:22:44] <danvet> rg3igalia, (vax or test) plus mask irrespective of the former
+[12:22:47] <rg3igalia> ah, ok, thanks
+[12:22:51] <Lyude> yeah, masks are always good
+[12:22:57] <danvet> seems to be the new consensus or so
+[12:23:22] <danvet> did we poke organizers on this already?
+[12:23:30] <mfilion> and really, at this point, if you're not vaxxed, why are you traveling overseas? just dumb
+[12:23:34] <rg3igalia> +1 on requiring what other conferences are doing
+[12:23:54] <Lyude> mfilion: it is dumb yeah, and danvet I will make sure to poke them today
+[12:24:00] <mfilion> thanks Lyude
+[12:24:03] <Lyude> we may have already but I'm not sure
+[12:24:04] <danvet> Lyude, thx!
+[12:24:33] <Lyude> anyway, I assume danvet is +1, I'm +1, rg3igalia is +1, mfilion ?
+[12:24:39] <mfilion> yep +1
+[12:24:40] <danvet> yeah
+[12:24:43] <Lyude> sgtm
+[12:24:48] <mfilion> oh while you're at it Lyude, could you also poke them about how many catchbox mics their system can handle? I was going to get two, is that enough?
+[12:24:54] <mfilion> I emailed them last week but no reply
+[12:25:05] <Lyude> mfilion: sure thing
+[12:25:29] <mfilion> registration is quite low, so I don't think we'll need more than one per room
+[12:25:57] <Lyude> oh - that's the one thing I forgot meeting wise. tlwoerner, siqueira - anything from GSoC side?
+[12:25:58] <mfilion> unless we want one for workshops, but then again, those are tiny rooms, so I don't think we need actual catchboxes for that
+[12:26:57] <danvet> mfilion, yeah room mic might be enough for those
+[12:27:25] <Lyude> also fwiw: if I don't hear back from gsoc folks in a few minutes I think we can end the meeting
+[12:27:31] <danvet> Lyude, oh while you type that mail, we should also ask them whether ccc video team helps with hosting again
+[12:27:44] <danvet> and if yes, get them added as supporters on the sponsor page and all that
+[12:27:57] <mfilion> good call danvet
+[12:30:11] <Lyude> Alright, I think we can end the meeting early. Thanks for coming everyone!
+[12:31:49] <mfilion> awesome, thanks all
+[12:32:43] <rg3igalia> thanks!
+"""]]
+[13:08:38] [disconnected at Wed Aug 17 13:08:38 2022]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-31.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-31.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..c03cfe2c
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/08-31.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,104 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[12:00:00] [connected at Wed Aug 31 12:00:00 2022]
+[12:00:01] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[12:00:56] <Lyude> Hey everyone! Time for role call, alyssa, danvet, mfilion, mdnavare, anholt, rg3igalia_
+[12:01:26] * danvet waves
+[12:01:35] <danvet> I'm also concurrently in some intel meeting though :-/
+[12:01:46] <samuelig> hi!
+[12:03:06] <alyssa> `Hello hello!
+[12:03:24] <Lyude> Hey everyone, so the agenda for today: XDC2022/XDC2023, GSoC, covid requirements, and MIPI alliance (unfortunately no updates, so we'll just skip this one :V)
+[12:03:31] <mfilion> o/
+[12:04:46] <Lyude> Not really much to go over this meeting, I guess if I missed anything let me know :)
+[12:05:31] <samuelig> I can start with XDC thingy
+[12:05:47] <Lyude> samuelig: oh ok! sure :)
+[12:05:55] <samuelig> XDC 2022: confirmed all speakers. By the end of the week Ricardo will upload the schedule of the conference. We need to check if there is any speaker who wants to go virtual.
+[12:05:58] * Lyude had forgotten you used to handle that lol
+[12:06:20] <samuelig> Regarding travel sponsorship, we are still waiting for more info about one request. The rest I think they are all managed (I need to confirm with Ricardo)
+[12:06:48] <samuelig> Hard to estimate XDC attendance at this point, but it seems it will be lower than past years. 81 people but for XDC, FOSSXR and WineConf... not only XDC. So it seems we will be fewer than past in-person events... covid perhaps?
+[12:07:12] <samuelig> as a reference, we had ~140 ppl in past in-person XDCs
+[12:07:45] <samuelig> I hope the number increses in the coming weeks, but the trend doesn't look great
+[12:08:00] <samuelig> Regarding organization details, we are helping organizers with things like coffee breaks (because of the attendance estimation) and such. One thing to comment is the usage of mask at the venue and requesting vax certs...
+[12:08:04] <samuelig> Oh, I see a point in the agenda about that, we can discuss it later.
+[12:08:39] <alyssa> (covid being what it is, a smaller event than usual might not be the worst thing)
+[12:08:41] <mfilion> I really doubt we'll be anywhere near 100, quite a few people are planning to watch it online
+[12:08:52] <Lyude> mhm, I'm hoping the trend is mostly just from COVID tbh
+[12:09:05] <danvet> yeah I expect we'll have in-person/virtual split maybe 50/50 in attendance
+[12:09:09] <Lyude> chances are a lot of companies have changed their travel policies as well (I know red hat sure did)
+[12:09:09] <mfilion> danvet did you change your mind about attending in person, or will you be staying home?
+[12:09:19] <danvet> mfilion, still chicken :-)
+[12:09:26] <Lyude> (ironically, for the better for once :)
+[12:09:38] <mfilion> alright
+[12:10:07] <Lyude> siqueira: if there's anything to go over for GSoC feel free, I think we're near/at the end of that?
+[12:10:18] <samuelig> XDC 2023: no Europe based requests. Daniel Vetter will ping usual suspects in Europe to see if somebody can organize it. I am seeing if Igalia can organize it, I will know more in a few days.
+[12:11:05] <samuelig> but we will need to extend the RFP for sure
+[12:11:11] <samuelig> (deadline is September 1st!)
+[12:11:13] <Lyude> ah right, I should ask tpelka about brno again. although it sounded like we might already be hosting a difference conference
+[12:11:24] <samuelig> I would say October 1st? and decide during XDC
+[12:11:42] <danvet> samuelig, I've just done all the pinging and added more people where I had some ideas
+[12:11:50] <samuelig> nice!
+[12:11:55] <danvet> I also asked that we're happy to extend
+[12:12:15] <danvet> Lyude, I think some dramatic notes so phoronix picks it up might be good too :-)
+[12:12:29] <Lyude> danvet: you mean for getting RFPs
+[12:12:31] <Lyude> *?
+[12:12:33] <danvet> Lyude, yeah
+[12:12:36] <Lyude> sgtm
+[12:13:01] <Lyude> samuelig: I assume that's it for XDC?
+[12:13:05] <samuelig> yup
+[12:13:06] <samuelig> that's all
+[12:13:10] <alyssa> \o/
+[12:13:38] <alyssa> it feels weird that we might have 3 north american xdc's in a row, after adjusting for covid
+[12:14:12] <alyssa> but ... if nobody is interested to host on the other side of the pond, I guess our hands are tied
+[12:14:22] <Lyude> So that just leaves the COVID requirements: we definitely caught codeweavers by surprise with the COVID vaccintion requirements, and mainly they were just worried about the logistics regarding being able to enforce it - and also wanted to have more of a chance to provide input
+[12:15:02] <mfilion> re: the RFP, I can look at organizing it in the UK too
+[12:15:13] <mfilion> really don't think it should be in NA again
+[12:15:20] <Lyude> omg i'd be very excited if we had XDC in the UK
+[12:15:21] <samuelig> alyssa, I think if 2023 is in NA, 2024 could be in Europe, so we come back to even years at Europe and odd years in NA that we use to have (the pandemic broke that)
+[12:15:42] <alyssa> samuelig: Fair enough ^^
+[12:16:03] <alyssa> Lyude: Yeah, I've been thinking more about that
+[12:16:07] <mfilion> or we keep going as is samuelig, our turn to keep the even numbers :p
+[12:16:36] <samuelig> lol
+[12:16:50] <Lyude> anyway, regarding the COVID stuff: I guess we want to rescind that requirement, or do we have any ideas on something that would be more reasonable?
+[12:16:52] <alyssa> I think I agree that checking proof of vaccination is going to be a logistic nightmare for no real benefit
+[12:17:14] <alyssa> ostensibly, entering the US as a non-US person requires being vaccinated anyway
+[12:17:17] * Lyude also doesn't want codeweavers to think we're trying to usurp them with decisions like this, which is fair
+[12:17:36] <mfilion> Agree, like I said in my last email, I really don't care at this point about checking vax, if someone wants to travel unvaxxed, that's their problem.
+[12:18:11] <samuelig> I agree with alyssa. I think mask enforcing is enough. If codeweaver, who know the venue and such, don't find it feasible to ask for due to the number of entries and such, I prefer to skip it.
+[12:18:19] <Lyude> imo, masks at least would be nice because that should be very easy
+[12:18:43] <mfilion> right, and all other confs arounds XDC have masks too, so I don't think we should be the rebels here
+[12:18:48] <Lyude> anyway, I'm happy to just +1 this. masks should probably be enough,
+[12:18:57] <alyssa> Something I meant to ask--
+[12:19:01] <mfilion> even the Khronos F2F two weeks later has masks
+[12:19:04] <alyssa> (Well, tried to. SMTP was goofing on me.)
+[12:19:21] <alyssa> If we mandate masks, do we exempt speakers while they are actively presenting?
+[12:19:33] <Lyude> I'm fine with that imo
+[12:19:46] <alyssa> On one hand, that has negative public health implications (and maybe defeats the masking given how much of the conf is presenting...)
+[12:19:58] <alyssa> (or maybe it doesn't? maybe that depends on the venue? I ain't a doctor)
+[12:20:06] <mfilion> at OSSummit, speakers could remove them
+[12:20:42] <alyssa> On the other hand, presenting masked will have accessibility implications, particularly if the audio quality isn't great on the stream
+[12:20:52] <alyssa> (it's not like we subtitle talk recordings..)
+[12:21:07] <Lyude> alyssa: tbh though the presenter is basically always going to be at a distance from the conference goers anyway, so
+[12:21:20] <samuelig> I guess so? they have enough distance and the stage should be big enough. If we want to go the safe route, we can place a CO2 sensor in the stage and only request mask if it is not in the safe area... although probably in that moment we want to renovate the air
+[12:21:38] <samuelig> of the whole room
+[12:22:04] <alyssa> Lyude: yeah, that's fair.. I don't know what the venue will be like. It would be a heck of a lot easier to social distance at the XDC2018 auditorium than the little XDC2019 room.
+[12:22:39] <Lyude> samuelig: tbh we could probably do pretty well with some cori-rosenthal boxes
+[12:22:44] <samuelig> but it is a question for codeweavers, we don't know how is the room physically
+[12:22:58] <mfilion> at OSSEU in Dublin: "Masks do not need to be worn when in outdoor spaces and while actively eating food and beverage indoors when socially distanced from others. Speakers are not required to wear masks while presenting talks."
+[12:23:27] <Lyude> well I'm +1 for this policy for what it's worth
+[12:23:33] <samuelig> +1
+[12:23:37] <mfilion> same, +1
+[12:24:15] <Lyude> alyssa: ?
+[12:25:02] <alyssa> +1 contingent on codeweavers agreeing, I think
+[12:25:22] <Lyude> oh yeah - don't want to make the same mistake and make it clear yeah, this is all contingent on them agreeing
+[12:25:38] <Lyude> sgtm then, I think that's actually it for this meeting
+[12:25:42] <alyssa> mfilion: that's an interesting question too
+[12:25:54] <alyssa> are food/beverage allowed in the talk-presenting room?
+[12:26:24] <Lyude> thanks for coming everyone!
+[12:27:13] <mfilion> no clue alyssa, I guess it depends on the university's guidelines
+[12:27:18] <alyssa> fair enough
+[12:27:31] <alyssa> the OSSEU guidelines seem otherwise reasonable I think
+[12:29:10] <danvet> sry distracted by the other meeting, +1 on osseu policy contigent on codeweavers and all
+[13:05:39] <anholt> +1 for that policy
+[13:44:00] <siqueira> Lyude About the GSoC, everything is under control, and we are wrapping out all the final work. This week the students will send a new version of the patchset, and next week they will have a presentation to some AMD folks about the kunit. Everything is on track for their XDC presentation. Finally, one of the students asked me for an extension (I
+[13:44:00] <siqueira> don't think it is necessary), and I'll start a conversation with other mentors and with Trevor. Ps.: Sorry for the delay
+"""]]
+[16:46:08] [disconnected at Wed Aug 31 16:46:08 2022]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/09-14.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/09-14.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..bc7550b6
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/09-14.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,46 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[11:11:08] [connected at Wed Sep 14 11:11:08 2022]
+[11:11:09] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[11:12:45] <Lyude> Hi everyone! Time for rolecall ( samuelig, mdnavare, mfilion, rg3igalia, anholt)
+[11:12:59] <mdnavare> Hi All!
+[11:13:31] <Lyude> aaa I realized I totally forgot to send out reminders because of the PEI meeting we had immediately before this ._.
+[11:14:39] <rg3igalia> was the meeting at 4:00PM UTC or at 3:00PM UTC?
+[11:14:58] <Lyude> ._.
+[11:15:00] <Lyude> lmao
+[11:15:02] <Lyude> I am an hour off
+[11:15:19] <rg3igalia> yeah, I mean, I'm here no problem, just wondering for others :D
+[11:16:16] <Lyude> yeah we can wait until 12, I will just leave secretary bot running. hopefully it doesn't mind
+[11:17:16] <Lyude> mfilion, anholt, guess that's the ~1hr reminder for y'all then
+[12:00:55] <alyssa> hello!
+[12:01:28] <Lyude> Alright everyone, real rolecall time, anholt, mdnavare, mfilion, rg3igalia, samuelig
+[12:02:24] <rg3igalia> hello!
+[12:02:32] <rg3igalia> samuelig is not coming today
+[12:03:19] <Lyude> ah ok, we just need one other person then (mfilion, mdnavare ?)
+[12:06:00] <Lyude> mdnavare: poke? hopefully you're still around
+[12:08:50] <mdnavare> Hi All
+[12:09:41] <Lyude> oh cool! So the agenda for today is just: XDC 2022/2023, MIPI alliance (no updates unfortunately), and GSoC if siqueira or tlwoerner is around
+[12:10:30] <rg3igalia> regarding XDC 2022, the schedule is already up in indico and publicly visible
+[12:11:09] <Lyude> and for XDC2023 we just met with PEI today and things went quite well - they seem like they'd be quite capable
+[12:11:19] <Lyude> erm, *capable of hosting our conference
+[12:11:52] <rg3igalia> for XDC 2023, I have to say Igalia is seriously considering sending a proposal to host it again in A Coruña
+[12:12:14] <rg3igalia> we'll have a definitive answer in about a week
+[12:12:21] <tlwoerner> who are PEI?
+[12:12:32] <Lyude> tlwoerner: prince edwards island in canada
+[12:12:50] <rg3igalia> and, if positive, the actual proposal could take a few more weeks to arrive, if that's acceptable
+[12:13:05] <tlwoerner> oh really?! (i wouldn't have assumed it was that PEI)
+[12:13:32] <Lyude> tlwoerner: yeah, actually the local government reached out to us and asked if we'd be interested. first time we've gotten a proposal that way but it's worked out quite well so far, set us up with a uni and everything
+[12:13:58] <Lyude> erm sorry, tourist division, center? unsure what it's called lol
+[12:14:47] <Lyude> rg3igalia: and yeah I think we can be flexible with RFPs given the circumstances
+[12:14:54] <Lyude> tlwoerner: anything regarding GSoC to go over btw?
+[12:15:26] * anholt around for a little bit
+[12:15:54] <tlwoerner> GSoC 2022 ends Sep 19
+[12:16:06] <tlwoerner> our final evaluations are done, everyone passed
+[12:16:41] <tlwoerner> siqueira and melissa did everything this year (i've been mostly out of the loop)
+[12:17:04] <siqueira> Also, the students will attend xdc; please, say hi to them during the event :)
+[12:18:24] <Lyude> tlwoerner: nice! I assume that's it then for your report?
+[12:18:55] <tlwoerner> yes, thanks (unless siqueira has anything else)
+[12:19:11] <siqueira> that's all, thanks
+[12:19:55] <Lyude> cool! that's pretty much it for the meeting then, thanks everyone
+[14:19:00] <Lyude> tlwoerner: I just realized, before I send out the meeting minutes should I mention the students passing? (if I don't receive a response in a bit I'll just assume it's a no to be safe)
+"""]]
+[14:28:21] [disconnected at Wed Sep 14 14:28:21 2022]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn
index 87af0c77..bf74d75c 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn
@@ -8,3 +8,9 @@
* [[May. 12|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/05-12]]
* [[May. 25|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/05-25]]
* [[Jun. 08|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/06-08]]
+* [[Jun. 22|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/06-22]]
+* [[Jul. 06|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-06]]
+* [[Jul. 20|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20]]
+* [[Aug. 17|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-17]]
+* [[Aug. 31|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-31]]
+* [[Sep. 14|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/09-14]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/06-22.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/06-22.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..36d2c1c5
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/06-22.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,44 @@
+Summary of the 22 June 2022 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Lyude Paul,
+Manasi Navare,
+Mark Filion,
+Emma Anholt,
+Alyssa Rosenzweig,
+Ricardo Garcia
+
+Guests:
+Trevor Woerner
+
+Absent:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2022/XDC2023, MIPI alliance and CSI, fdo.org CI policy draft
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2022/XDC2023
+CFP committee formed, no updates otherwise.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+Still no response from the person who said they might be able to help with
+getting the contacts for this
+ACTIONS: Lyude to poke again
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: fdo.org CI policy draft
+The fdo admins came up with a new policy for CI access to help curb people
+abusing the CI services, board had some comments but generally approved.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-06.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-06.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..9dd46f00
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-06.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,49 @@
+Summary of the 06 July 2022 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Emma Anholt,
+Alyssa Rosenzweig,
+Ricardo Garcia
+
+Guests:
+Rodrigo Siqueira
+
+Absent:
+Manasi Navare,
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2022/XDC2023, MIPI alliance and CSI, GSoC
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2022/XDC2023
+CFP is now closed for XDC2022, board agreed that we have enough talks to
+continue. Also had a meeting with a potential venue for 2023 shortly after the
+board meeting.
+ACTIONS: Papers committee to go through CFPs
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI alliance and CSI
+Lyude was pretty busy last week and the week before, so didn't have much time to
+look into this. Will try this week
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC
+We already have 3 students who have made tremendous progress with their
+projects, you can find more info on: https://flusp.ime.usp.br/blogs/
+Siqueira also requested that they write tutorials and blog posts under the FLUSP
+website so that we can aggregate content about DRM/AMDGPU/KUNIT/GSOC in an easy
+way for newcomers to read.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..92722f8f
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,47 @@
+Summary of the 20 July 2022 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Lyude Paul,
+Alyssa Rosenzweig,
+Ricardo Garcia
+
+Guests:
+Rodrigo Siqueira Jordao
+
+Absent:
+Emma Anholt,
+Mark Filion,
+Manasi Navare,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2022, XDC2023, MIPI Alliance and CSI, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2022
+First round of voting on talks completed! Will be doing second round of voting on talks next week. Also discussed some students/presenters asking for sponsorship.
+ACTIONS: Discussion on sponsorships to continue over email
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2023
+Had a meeting with one of the organizations interested in submitting an RFP for XDC2023, meeting went well and we're excited to see what they come up with!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+Lyude got too busy over the last two weeks to get to this
+ACTIONS: Lyude to poke people related to this
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+We are approaching the first evaluation, and so far we aree very happy wiht the student's performance! They've been asked to update their work, and send new versions of their patches and start to publish some blog posts. These shoud show up soon on FDO planet.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending Done
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-17.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-17.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..69b64414
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-17.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,37 @@
+Summary of the 17 August 2022 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Ricardo Garcia
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+Alyssa Rosenzweig,
+Emma Anholt,
+Manasi Navare,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2022/XDC2023, COVID requirements for XDC2022
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2022/XDC2023
+Not many updates here: received one RFP from a potential XDC host who expressed
+interest in hosting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: COVID Requirements
+Following the lead from other similar conferences, and just the general fact it is a good idea, we discussed the possibility of having vaccination and masking requirements for this XDC.
+ACTIONS: Board approves, the plan will be required proof of vaccination or a negative test result, along with masking being required in conference space.
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-31.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-31.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..542d1bbd
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/08-31.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,53 @@
+Summary of the 31 August 2022 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Alyssa Rosenzweig,
+
+Guests:
+Rodrigo Siqueira
+
+Absent:
+Emma Anholt,
+Manasi Navare,
+Ricardo Garcia
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2022/XDC2023, COVID requirements, GSoC
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2022/XDC2023
+All speakers confirmed. By the end of the week Ricardo will upload the schedule
+for the conference, we need to check if any speakers want to go virtual. Still
+waiting for more info on one travel sponsorship request. Also currently helping
+organizers with things like coffee breaks. Also - we have no RFPs for anywhere
+in Europe! If you would like to host and are in Europe, please let us know! If
+you're a certain person who occasionally reads these notes for the purpose of
+maintaining a Linux-oriented news outlet - you know who you are ;) - please let
+the masses know about this excellent hosting opportunity!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: COVID requirements
+Codeweavers had mentioned that trying to enforce vaccination would probably be
+too logistically challenging, so we ended up deciding on just sticking with
+masks instead.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC
+Students are wrapping up their final work, and this week they will be sending
+out the newest version of their patchset and will also present to some AMD folks
+about their kunit tests.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/09-14.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/09-14.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..01e2b68d
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/09-14.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,42 @@
+Summary of the 14 September 2022 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Manasi Navare,
+Emma Anholt,
+Alyssa Rosenzweig,
+Ricardo Garcia
+
+Guests:
+Trevor Woerner
+
+Absent:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Mark Filion,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2022, XDC2023, GSoC
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2022
+The schedule for XDC2022 has officially been posted!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2023
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending Done
+
+ITEM: GSoC
+GSoC ends Sep 19th, final evaluations are done!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending Done
+"""]]
diff --git a/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches.mdwn b/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches.mdwn
index b09babd2..edb60fa6 100644
--- a/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches.mdwn
+++ b/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches.mdwn
@@ -11,7 +11,7 @@ Take a look at this [[example commit|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/co
The patch submitter does the following:
* Commit code changes to the local repository using the [[git-commit|http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-commit.html]] command
-* Create a [[merge request|https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/help/gitlab-basics/add-merge-request.md]] in the freedesktop.org gitlab
+* Create a [[merge request|https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/help/user/project/merge_requests/getting_started.md]] in the freedesktop.org gitlab
The reviewers do one of the following:
diff --git a/Events/PapersCommittee.mdwn b/Events/PapersCommittee.mdwn
index dc0d5e6c..49842af7 100644
--- a/Events/PapersCommittee.mdwn
+++ b/Events/PapersCommittee.mdwn
@@ -12,6 +12,7 @@ A bunch of guidelines:
* We need 1 week to confirm all accepted talks. That means 3 weeks between the submission deadline and when we can publish a first draft program earliest.
* We use indico tool to manage entire conference process. All submissions need to be submitted using it. There is need to create an account in our instance of indico to submit a proposal.
* Entire acceptance process is done using indico conference management software.
+* If XDC is being held together with other conferences that will use the same CfP process, separate tracks must be created in indico for each conference, so as to make it easier to classify and evaluate proposals later.
## Intro session