path: root/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021
diff options
authorLyude Paul <>2021-02-11 16:32:38 -0500
committerLyude Paul <>2021-02-11 16:32:38 -0500
commit220605330567690448cb5b3fe8c57f1120585a32 (patch)
tree08e0346d463ceab1d4e239af43de246fd3086d98 /BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021
parentf1934771814dff980a388c448e07e5f83bc26544 (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2021-02-11
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021')
1 files changed, 105 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/02-11.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/02-11.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..a9b5f7b6
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/02-11.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,105 @@
+Summary of the 11 February 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+## Attendees
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Manasi Navare,
+Mark Filion,
+Keith Packard,
+Eric Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+Trevor Woerner
+## Summary
+Agenda: Requesting ledger data (with updates!), XDC2020 invoices status, cloud
+hosting for, XDC2021, XDC2021 sponsors, XDC2022, HDMI 2.1,
+elections, GSoC/Outreachy, and domain status
+## Items discussed
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: Requesting ledger data
+Finally some updates! Lyude attended the SPI meeting on February 8th, SPI said
+there haven't been updates since January and that they're going to have someone
+else start taking a look at the issue. So hopefully we should be hearing more on
+this soon.
+ACTIONS: Lyude to poke new person from SPI as needed
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: Cloud hosting for
+From bentiss's report: The switch to packet was successful, there were some
+hiccups in regards to uptime along the way but that should be fixed now. There's
+still some work remaining, the last thing bentiss was up to was kicking out the
+useless pods on GKE and turning off one VM. This should end up freeing up around
+~$1000/month just by switching to a single VM. The next tough part is going to
+be migrating gitlab pages to the new cluster, as bentiss does not want to port a
+container that uses 50GB of ram just for pages.
+The final bit worth mentioning is that unfortunately, bentiss did have to revert
+caching of the container registry. They're going to try to figure out another
+way of making that work again over the next few weeks.
+ACTIONS: Bentiss to keep up the excellent work!
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC2020 invoices status
+Intel PO is in the system, but not approved yet.
+ACTIONS: Manasi to follow up with intel, after which Martin can send the invoice
+to Intel and get paid for XDC 2020.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC2021 sponsors
+Danvet waiting for Intel to confirm their sponsoring or not before hunting more
+XDC2021 sponsors
+ACTIONS: Danvet to get response from Intel and continue search
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC2021
+Mupuf is still working on the website container deployment (setup the
+containers, opening TCP ports, etc), and integrate sponsor box to the website as
+well. The plan is to have it in March. Once that's done, we can begin filling it
+and and start preparing the CfP.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC2022
+Samuel hasn't yet had a chance to start sending emails to potential XDC
+organizers quite yet.
+ACTIONS: Samuel to try sending emails soon, hopefully next week.
+STATUS: Pending
+Harry Wentland sent out an email with their letter to the HDMI Forum for review,
+but gmail seems to have intercepted it and marked as spam for most people on the
+board so no one actually saw it. This should hopefully be fixed now.
+ACTIONS: Board to review email
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: domain status
+No updates
+ACTIONS: Lyude and Simon to keep poking SPI
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: Elections
+The elections committe has come up with a schedule, and Harry has started a new
+2021-2022 membership period and sent an email to remind people to renew their
+ACTIONS: Harry to start hunting for nominations
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy
+Trevor heard back from one student regarding GSoC, but no mentors yet or
+volunteers to help update various projects given the new constraints for GSoC
+2021\. Outreachy is looking potentially more interesting nowadays due to having
+a much longer work period (12 weeks), and double the stipend. On's side
+though, we'll need to have ready-made tasks for applicants. Deadline for this is
+on March 1st if we decide we're interested.