path: root/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/01-28.mdwn
diff options
authorLyude Paul <>2021-01-28 15:36:49 -0500
committerLyude Paul <>2021-01-28 15:36:49 -0500
commit8e59e7fdaa8190a7b35777aa0f0bdd377c09f816 (patch)
treea42ece4f8b48666c5f5dc9919d0a20e6e29f82b2 /BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/01-28.mdwn
parentaf7039a61d9eebbdf27ede96e1547baeaddb9cca (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2021-01-28
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/01-28.mdwn')
1 files changed, 69 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/01-28.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/01-28.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..31318f48
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/01-28.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,69 @@
+Summary of the 28 January 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+## Attendees
+Lyude Paul,
+Manasi Navare,
+Keith Packard,
+Eric Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+Trevor Woerner
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+## Summary
+Agenda: Requesting ledger data, domain status, XDC2021, XDC2022, XDC2020 invoices, HDMI 2.1, elections, GSoC
+## Items discussed
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: Requesting ledger data
+No updates on this yet
+ACTIONS: Lyude waiting until the SPI meeting on February 8th
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: domain status
+SPI initiated the transfer of to gandi. Payment, transfer initialization, whois, authorization code verification by the registry, and email confirmation all validated. We're now currently waiting on the validation of the transfer by the former provider.
+ACTIONS: Figure out the next steps for the domains that keithp has.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: Cloud hosting for
+As our cluster is ready, we'll be moving over to hosting on packet on Sunday February 7th. Benjamin will start transferring the git repos early next week (Feb 1st) which might lead to a gitlab with a little bit of lag for the first week of February. We should be able to migrate our dbs on the 7th, and then point the DNS entries to packet. The current cluster on GKE will not be teared down immediately, and will proxy the requests to packet, so this should give us some time for the DNS entries to refresh.
+As well, thanks to all of the migration, Benjamin managed to set up MinIO caching for the registry. The registry pulls from GCS PoV dropped dramatically from ~140GB on a busy day to ~10GB yesterday, and ~20GB today. We will need a little bit of time to sync up the cache, but this is transparent for users (if the data is not cached, it pulls it from GCS). In theory unless we hit 1.8TB of active registry pulls, we should not have any costs from GCS related to the registry. We back everything up on GCS but given that the uploads are free, and we cache everything on packet, the costs should drop to zero soon.
+There will be a couple of critical remaining services on GKE the week of Feb 8th: gitlab pages and artifact server. The gitlab pages will be migrated later. Ideally they'd like to use the new pages container and get rid of our omnibus install. This isn't super high priority as the costs for this aren't expected to be that big. As well the artifact servers should be a simple configuration change but we have to wait until after the migration of gitlab.fd.o to do it.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC2021
+mupuf is working on the website. He asked LPC people about the implementation of the sponsorbox, which is a modification of the website to include the sponsor logos in all the website.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC2022
+danvet and I have been gathering potential organizers info (contact email, location...) for both XDC EU and NA for future events. We will start sending emails about XDC 2022 organization soon. As mentioned in last meeting, if somebody knows a company that could be candidate to organize XDC, just contact me or danvet.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC2020
+Manasi worked with Intel's management to open a purchase order and once that is approved Martin (SPI) can invoice Intel
+STATUS: Pending
+Harry Wentland sent an email to the board's mailing list with a draft for the letter to the HDMI consortium about opening up HDMI 2.1.
+ACTIONS: Board of directors to review letter and give feed back
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: Elections
+Still waiting for some board members to confirm whether or not they'll be on the elections committee.
+ACTIONS: Once the committee is setup, Harry will need to set new permissions for member registration and ask people to renew their memberships.
+STATUS: Pending
+GSoC has some major changes this year (time is halved and pay has been lowered), so there's some discussion on whether it would still be worth it for to participate or not. As well, there's some question around if we should start getting involved with Outreachy.
+ACTIONS: Trevor to send emails to both the board list asking about doing GSoC this year, and to send an email various mailing to feel around for potential project ideas. Mark Filion to get more information on Outreachy from Collabora.
+STATUS: Pending