path: root/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-23.mdwn
diff options
authorLyude Paul <>2020-04-23 15:56:46 -0400
committerLyude Paul <>2020-04-23 15:56:46 -0400
commit7d0095b357d5440bd890d864d5df8448e44c7872 (patch)
tree1d27c89ad42a43d982a1a9c219c69ec3f8903e1d /BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-23.mdwn
parente2b5db053bef06ed76b70a92cfae5ef44e46747c (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2020-04-23
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-23.mdwn')
1 files changed, 96 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-23.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-23.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..d91ceb32
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-23.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,96 @@
+Summary of the 23 April 2020 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+## Reminders
+Don't forget to vote in the board of directors election, time is running
+out! You can vote [[here|]].
+## Attendees
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Bryce Harrington,
+Keith Packard,
+Eric Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+Trevor Woerner
+Manasi Navare,
+## Summary
+Agenda: Requesting ledger data from SPI, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, domain status, elections, cloud hosting for, XDC2020 website, XDC2020 sponsors, Google Season of Docs
+## Items discussed
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: Requesting ledger data from SPI
+Finally got a response from SPI:
+ At the SPI board meeting in November there were other dependencies that
+ needed to be worked on first, those being:
+ 0. Improve SPI infrastructure: We are currently finalizing legal details to
+ hire a contractor to work on that.
+ 1. Decide on the move from ledger to beancount: It was decided that beancount
+ was a better tool for SPI purposes, so we have been moving to beancount.
+ Since Martin has done very good progress on the move from ledger to
+ beancount, SPI board might need to re-evaluate priorities soon, and we are a
+ step closer to provide what you are asking for but it might still take some
+ more time.
+ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
+ARM thought they paid but no money has been received yet, no word from Intel yet.
+ACTIONS: Eric to keep poking ARM/Intel
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: domain status
+Still no update from SPI
+ACTIONS: Keith to keep poking, Lyude to try secretary poke again
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: Elections
+60% odd turnout so far, reminders sent out to folks who haven't voted yet.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: Cloud hosting for
+Benjamin Tissoires has been super busy getting traffic data for nginx and
+setting that all up, so we now track compute engine network egress, and is
+working with Daniel Stone to upgrade infra for this where needed. The work from
+projects has been paying off, and network egress overall is on a good downward
+trend (not stopped yet). Costs prediction for April is less then half of what it
+was in January. More work for optimizing this further is still underway.
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: XDC2020 website
+The organizers now have edition rights to the website and the XDC twitter
+account login details. They should start updating the content at both places at
+some point.
+ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
+No updates for the moment
+ACTIONS: Danvet to keep poking potential sponsors
+STATUS: Pending
+ITEM: Google Season of Docs
+Trevor suggested making one of our possible projects for GSoD be to convert as
+much documentation on projects as possible over to Sphinx.
+ACTIONS: Trevor to send an email to relevant mailing lists to try to get a
+better idea of the scope for this project.
+STATUS: Pending