summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/02-19.mdwn
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorPeter Hutterer <peter.hutterer@who-t.net>2015-03-06 09:07:13 +1000
committerPeter Hutterer <peter.hutterer@who-t.net>2015-03-06 09:17:03 +1000
commitb0df4f1ed7c79e81f968c511f5c49248a5421dd6 (patch)
treefb772b906bff180cdee5cb768932e0ea1b2cbb2f /BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/02-19.mdwn
parent69005436af4dd59e49fc72429e43a4eff1c280b7 (diff)
X.Org BoD: Last two meeting minutes
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/02-19.mdwn')
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/02-19.mdwn188
1 files changed, 188 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/02-19.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/02-19.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..22ddd7fc
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2015/02-19.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,188 @@
+Date is 2015-02-20, times are UTC+10.
+[[!format txt """
+08:01 < whot> good morning gents
+08:01 -!- tstellar [~tstellar@annarchy.freedesktop.org] has joined #xf-bod
+08:01 < keithp> afternoon
+08:01 < agd5f> hi
+08:01 <+egbert> hi, good evening. another hour to morning here ;p
+08:01 < agd5f> egbert, feeling better?
+08:02 < marcoz> morning, afternoon, night
+08:02 <+alanc> there's a mailing list for the member applications? I've always just looked at the webpage
+08:02 <+egbert> marcoz: yeah, today. first day back to work.
+08:02 <+egbert> lot to catch up.
+08:03 <+egbert> i don't think there is an ml.
+08:04 <+egbert> i approved applications until i left for fosdem.
+08:04 < whot> mupuf_: ping
+08:04 < mupuf_> hey. sorry, i'm on my phone so i'll ttpe slowly But I'l fully available
+08:04 <+egbert> the ones of people i knew were members before.
+08:04 < keithp> egbert: sorry to have missed you at fosdem! The weekend was crazy...
+08:04 <+alanc> egbert: apparently there's something mailing anholt
+08:04 <+egbert> keithp: were you there?
+08:04 < keithp> egbert: indeed
+08:05 <+egbert> keithp: i told everybody you weren't. as you told me so on xdc.
+08:06 <+egbert> keithp: maybe this was the best sulution anyhow - since you were busy with other things ;p
+08:06 < keithp> I've got boxes of chocolate from mary's that prove I was there
+08:06 <+egbert> hehe. i got piles of boxes as well.
+08:06 < whot> ok, agenda for today is: election, spi faq, opw status, xdc
+08:06 <+egbert> the one from last year lasted me until shortly before this event.
+08:07 <+anholt> by "mailing list" I apparently mean "my address in the php." I've fixed that now. alanc, you win email.
+08:07 <+egbert> whot: may i add something?
+08:07 < whot> egbert: sure
+08:07 <+alanc> heh, um, thanks I guess
+08:07 <+egbert> the x.org domain registration. i talked to mherrb on fosdem. he got a folunteer to look int this.
+08:08 < whot> opw status is easiest (aside from now being called outreachy): mid-term status was last week, christian is happy with Asal's process so she gets the payment. couple of larger than expected hurdles but there's a steady stream of patches in her repo (not on the list yet though :(. I browsed through a few and they need cleaning up, otherwise it looks ok
+08:08 < whot> egbert: do we know who the volunteer is?
+08:08 <+egbert> :)
+08:08 <+egbert> marc balmer
+08:09 <+egbert> most here may know him
+08:09 <+alanc> it looks like we've renewed it through next january, but the contact is still leon
+08:09 <+egbert> he was on xdc in toulouse.
+08:09 < mupuf_> yeah
+08:10 <+alanc> should find out if SPI handles domain names too
+08:10 < keithp> oh, a fine question. I think they can be an official owner as needed
+08:11 <+alanc> looks like they might - the whois contact for debian.org is "SPI Hostmaster"
+08:11 < whot> technically an asset, right?
+08:11 <+alanc> I think so
+08:11 <+egbert> in any case, we (or someone else) needs to get in touch with leon.
+08:12 <+alanc> once we finish the election we should be able to ask him to transfer directly to SPI, instead of having him give to us now and then to them later
+08:13 <+egbert> alanc: yes.
+08:13 < mupuf_> right
+08:13 <+egbert> also we need access to the account at network solutions.
+08:14 <+egbert> i remember that when we did things 10y ago it was a bit tricky due to the special domain name we have.
+08:14 < whot> ok, so short story: who's going to contact leon?
+08:14 <+egbert> i can do this.
+08:15 <+egbert> as he knows me.
+08:15 < mupuf_> yeah, please do.
+08:15 <+egbert> last time i met him was 2y ago.
+08:15 <+egbert> linuxtag berlin. this won't happen any more though.
+08:15 < mupuf_> to me, leon is the name of a restaurant in Brusseks
+08:16 <+alanc> I think it's been 5 or 6 years since I last saw him
+08:16 <+alanc> Leon Shiman was the first X.Org Foundation secretary if I recall correctly
+08:16 <+egbert> alanc: yes.
+08:16 < mupuf_> oh, wow
+08:16 <+alanc> also the lead of the aborted MAS audio project for the previous X.Org consortium
+08:16 < mupuf_> thanks alan
+08:17 < whot> egbert: sold, you got the job :)
+08:17 < whot> anything else on the domain name?
+08:17 <+egbert> what shall i tell marc?
+08:18 < whot> sync with him, tell him you 'll get the account info from Leon. then figure out what he wants to look into :)
+08:18 <+alanc> what was it he was volunteering to do?
+08:18 <+egbert> ah, one related thing: it seems that CACert uses one of the registered addresses to verify the ownership for a certificate.
+08:18 <+egbert> so i don't know how the certificate got done last time.
+08:19 <+egbert> alanc: to deal with the renewal of the registration.
+08:19 <+alanc> I think keithp, tollef, & jrayhawk made the certs happen last time
+08:19 < whot> egbert: "registered addresses"??
+08:19 < keithp> it was tollef
+08:19 < mupuf_> what is the registered zddress?
+08:19 <+egbert> the ones you get from whois.
+08:20 <+egbert> email address.
+08:20 < mupuf_> are you asking me to run whois on my phobe? :D
+08:20 <+egbert> no, it is leon's email address if that's what you were asking.
+08:21 < whot> egbert: well, you can ask mark to figure out what is needed anyway, makes your life easier when you have the account data. especially if the single-letter name is tricky
+08:21 <+egbert> whot: ok. but i can also call there myself. unless one of the us people (and native speakers want to beat me for it) ;p
+08:23 < whot> egbert: tbh, better to keep one task in one person's hand
+08:23 <+egbert> whot: ;p
+08:24 < whot> if marc has the time to figure it out, that's one thing. but splitting it across three ppl won't make it go faster, given the ample spare time we all have
+08:24 < whot> ok, so domain business done for now?
+08:24 <+egbert> yes
+08:25 < whot> ok, thanks. next thing: SPI FAQ, I sent out the draft an hour-ish ago, will send it to members@ tonight
+08:25 < whot> speak up now or be forever quiet something something
+08:25 < agd5f> whot, looks good to me
+08:25 <+egbert> whot: ok, so you have been working on that. thanks.
+08:25 <+egbert> i was going to look into this but first was fosdem then i got sick.
+08:26 <+egbert> i haven't had a chance to look yet.
+08:26 <+alanc> looked good to me
+08:26 < whot> egbert: have a look at the draft, feel free to add anything, you still have ~6h :)
+08:26 <+egbert> but i hope to find some time to help out on stuff tomorrow.
+08:26 < whot> if something is missing and comes up in the discussion we can always add to it later anyway
+08:26 <+egbert> whot i won't be able to do it in the next 6h.
+08:26 < whot> egbert: well, the alternative is that you take the email and send it out yourself tomorrow
+08:27 <+egbert> but i'm sure we can add things or amend things later ;p
+08:27 <+egbert> don't you want to put the faq on a wiki?
+08:28 < whot> yeah, but I expect there'll be a few questions immediately and I'd rather not go and sync threads and the wiki but rather copy it once when things have calmed down
+08:28 <+egbert> whot: i was actually going to do that if necessary.
+08:29 <+egbert> now, since fosdem is over it should be possible - unless i get sick again.
+08:29 < whot> egbert: yeah, we can do that later, right now it's mostly: should I send the email out today or you want to send it tomorrow?
+08:29 < whot> (sorry, trying to move this all along, ETIME)
+08:29 <+egbert> i can do this tomorrow if you want.
+08:30 <+egbert> same distribution list as the election announcement or just members@?
+08:30 < mupuf_> read it again. it's fine by me
+08:30 < whot> good question, I'd say members@
+08:30 <+egbert> not everybody may have reregistered yet.
+08:30 < whot> we had 80 members before IIRC and 55 now, that's pretty close I think
+08:30 <+egbert> yup.
+08:32 <+egbert> ok, let's go on.
+08:33 < whot> last item on the agenda: XDC venue. I sent out the summary last week, then realised the crickets voted, so we'll just do it now
+08:34 < whot> not sure what the appropriate vote is here, but I think everyone stating their preference should do?
+08:34 < whot> unless you have justifyable veto reasons (which you should've put in email by last week ;)
+08:35 < keithp> seems reasonable
+08:35 < whot> so everybody, speak up for Toronto or Boston please
+08:35 < keithp> I'd prefer boston; I think the proximity of town to the venue is important
+08:35 < agd5f> Toronto
+08:37 < marcoz> Toronto (but just barely)
+08:38 <+alanc> Toronto
+08:39 < whot> Boston
+08:40 <+egbert> Boston
+08:40 < mupuf_> Toronto. let amd organise one xdc :)
+08:40 <+egbert> barely, but i agree with keithp
+08:41 <+alanc> stukreit is off skiiing somewhere
+08:41 < keithp> (frankly, it's awesome that we have two bids to pick from)
+08:41 < mupuf_> and i'm sure we'll manage to have fun
+08:41 < whot> right, so we have 4:3 for Toronto
+08:41 < keithp> sounds good.
+08:42 < marcoz> sounds aboot right, eh?
+08:42 < whot> stukreit's absense saves us from a potential hanging vote, we should make use of that :)
+08:42 < keithp> marcoz: :-)
+08:42 < whot> i.e. XDC 2015 will be Toronto, eh?
+08:42 < keithp> whot: we'll get you to westford somehow
+08:42 < keithp> you betcha
+08:43 < whot> keithp: yeah, because westfort is the place to be...
+08:43 < whot> westford
+08:43 < mupuf_> yep, tstellar will be happy
+08:43 < whot> anyway, that's done, thanks for voting. last item: election. egbert?
+08:43 <+alanc> maybe for XDC 2017 the Red Hat boston office can find a venue out in Wayland, Mass. so the rest of us can see it
+08:44 < keithp> alanc: I'd skip that event. Been there, not going back.
+08:44 < mupuf_> ah ah! good one alanc
+08:44 <+egbert> like i said, i was getting behind a bit. i also need to look into our voting system how easy or hard it is to add the spi vote there.
+08:44 <+alanc> I'll have to take your word for it, never been
+08:45 <+alanc> I don't remember it being that hard to add a Yes/No item to the ballot
+08:45 <+alanc> something like 5 minutes of setup in the app
+08:46 <+egbert> alanc: did we ever have this before?
+08:46 <+alanc> yes, for voting on approving the bylaws
+08:46 <+egbert> right.
+08:46 <+egbert> ok, i should be able to figure that out.
+08:46 <+egbert> otherwise we just do 0 for no and > 0 for yes ;p
+08:47 <+egbert> at least developers should be familiar with this concept ;p
+08:48 <+egbert> ah, no. we also have to let people abstain.
+08:50 < whot> ok, anything else election-related?
+08:50 < whot> did we have any nominees yet?
+08:51 < mupuf_> thanks a lot egbert for all tour work!
+08:51 < mupuf_> i'll run again this year.
+08:51 <+egbert> mupuf_: thanks!
+08:51 <+egbert> whot: not from my side.
+08:51 <+egbert> if there is i'll yell on the ml.
+08:52 <+alanc> did anyone send out a call for nominations yet? I didn't see one
+08:53 <+egbert> i haven't either.
+08:53 < whot> ok, hand's up, who wants to copy/paste and mail the call for nominations?
+08:54 < mupuf_> have to go guys. it's high-time i go to sleep! See you!
+08:54 <+alanc> I think Carl's template is what we've been using each year - should be in the wiki or the mailing list archives
+08:54 * mupuf_ has problems reading at this point
+08:54 < whot> we should volunteer mupuf_ then
+08:55 < mupuf_> hey hey. i can do that
+08:55 < whot> we have a winner!
+08:56 < whot> mupuf_: ok, you can go to sleep now. the minutes will tell you what you have to do ;)
+08:56 < mupuf_> added it to my agenda for tomorrow
+08:56 < mupuf_> thanks!
+08:56 < whot> egbert: do you have a todo list for election-related things anywhere? so we can reduce the bus factor (or flu factor)
+08:56 -!- mupuf_ [~sailfish@83-245-233-113-nat-p.elisa-mobile.fi] has quit [Quit: IRC for Sailfish 0.8]
+08:57 <+egbert> whot: i will circulate my todo tomorrow.
+08:59 < whot> thx
+08:59 < whot> ok, we're almost out of time, anything else missing?
+08:59 <+egbert> not from my side.
+09:00 <+alanc> nothing here
+09:01 <+egbert> ok, good night, then :)
+09:01 < whot> oh, bylaws. Martin sent out a request for bylaw reviews, can you all please look through it and ack/nack the current state
+09:02 < whot> let's say by next Friday, so we can send out the pdf to the members list
+09:02 < whot> that's your homework for next week :)
+09:02 < whot> and with that, thanks for attending, see you in two weeks
+"""]]