|author||DanielVetter <DanielVetter@web>||2020-04-12 15:29:16 +0000|
|committer||IkiWiki <ikiwiki.info>||2020-04-12 15:29:16 +0000|
Update voting mail to new membership system
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/Elections.mdwn')
1 files changed, 10 insertions, 33 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/Elections.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/Elections.mdwn
index 366d30a0..632c848d 100644
@@ -173,40 +173,17 @@ In addition to the board election, we are also voting on whether or not to appro
Here are some instructions on how to cast your vote:
-1. Login to the membership system at: https://members.x.org/
- If you do not remember your password, you can click on the "lost
- password" button and enter your user name. An e-mail will be sent to
- you with your password. If you have problems with the membership
- system, please e-mail <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
-2. When you login you will see a row of buttons that will allow you to
- update your info, list the members, list the open ballots and logout.
- Below this you will see a list of open ballots, for which you can
- cast votes. At the bottom of this page you will see another row of
- provisional Membership Agreement and instructions on how to contact
- the admin.
- Note that if you click on the "Ballots" button at any time, you will
- see a list of the open ballots.
-3. To cast your vote in a ballot, click on the "Cast" button to the
- right of the ballot you wish to vote on. This will bring up another
- page with the list of the candidates, and a question of whether or
- not to approve the new By-laws.
-4. For the election: There is a pull-down selection box next to each
- candidate. For your top choice, select "1". For your second choice,
- select "2" and so forth. You should think of the numbers that you
- are selecting as the ranking of your preferences. Note that you are
- only able to vote for $NUM_OPEN_SEATS out of the $NUM_CANDIDATES candidates. For the $NUM_CANDIDATES
- candidate, simply leave the selection blank.
+1. Go directly to the voting link
+ You might need to log into the member system first.
+2. For the election: There is a pull-down selection of candidates next to
+ each preference level.
Note that you are NOT required to select your preferences for all
- $NUM_OPEN_SEATS positions. You can leave more than one blank. The only
- restriction is that you cannot duplicate any of your choices (i.e.,
- you can only select one "1", one "2" and so forth).
+ $NUM_OPEN_SEATS positions. You can leave more than one blank.
5. For the By-laws: If you approve of the new By-laws, select the "Yes"
radio button. If you do not approve of the new By-laws, select the
@@ -224,7 +201,7 @@ Here are some instructions on how to cast your vote:
not be able to make further changes, so please make sure you are
satisfied with your votes before clicking the "Vote" button.
- After you click the "Vote" button, the system will verify that you
+ After you click the "Cast vote" button, the system will verify that you
have completed a valid ballot. If your ballot is invalid (e.g., you
duplicated a selection or did not answer the By-laws approval
question), it will return you to the previous voting page. If your