path: root/BoardOfDirectors/ActionItems.mdwn
diff options
authorPeter Hutterer <>2013-09-25 04:07:08 +1000
committerPeter Hutterer <>2013-09-25 04:07:08 +1000
commite008890993b233088cd56c995e24445298c2cd4b (patch)
treeb72b0ef2e5337ed02ebd4bd1ae7567adefc446cd /BoardOfDirectors/ActionItems.mdwn
parente9076a58ca85cec67e75bab30b8f0ec1218f564d (diff)
Update ActionItems
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors/ActionItems.mdwn')
1 files changed, 22 insertions, 7 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/ActionItems.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/ActionItems.mdwn
index 3b2f6bbf..549dd2f7 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/ActionItems.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/ActionItems.mdwn
@@ -37,6 +37,9 @@ OPENED: 2013-08-08
HSBC closed our checking account with no notice. The monthly "analysis fee"
used to come out of the savings account if the checking account was negative
but apparently HSBC changed that without notice and then closed our account.
+Stuart K is currently in the process of opening a new account with Bank of
ACTION: Stuart K to re-open a new account or change banks
STATUS: Pending
@@ -45,7 +48,7 @@ OPENED: 2013-08-08
Google provides some money to the sponsoring organisation. We need to check
our status as org and whether we've gotten this in the last years and make
sure we get it this year.
-ACTION: Stuart K to check previous/current mentor payments
+ACTION: Stuart K waiting for reply from Google
STATUS: Pending
ITEM: 501(c)(3)
@@ -56,14 +59,26 @@ rougher this year. SFLC advises that re-application would be hard, including
the need to prove we won't miss any returns in the future.
Without the 501(c)(3) we are a non-tax exempt entity
-An alternative option is to join an umbrella org to do the tax-related stuff
-for us, e.g. Software in the Public Interest, Software Freedom Conservancy,
-Apache Foundation, Eclipse Foundation.
+Thanks to the SFLC we have re-gained our 501(c)(3) status, but we don't have
+the actual paperwork yet.
+ACTION: Stuart K to receive paperwork from SFLC
+STATUS: Pending
-ASF is too involved, currently SPI and SFC seem the best fit. Several questions are still open.
+ITEM: Umbrella Organisation
+OPENED: 2013-08-22
-ACTION: Board members to read up on potential umbrella orgs
-STATUS: Pending decision at XDC
+To avoid future 501c3 issues, we can join an umbrella org to do the
+tax-related stuff for us, e.g. Software in the Public Interest, Software
+Freedom Conservancy, Apache Foundation, Eclipse Foundation.
+At the Sep 24 board meeting the board unanimously voted for SPI,
+but several questions still remain. One of those questions is to check if
+this requires a member vote.
+ACTION: Keith P to talk to our SFLC legal councel, Peter H to read up
+on the by-laws
+STATUS: Pending