summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/BoardOfDirectors
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorLyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>2020-06-04 18:27:06 -0400
committerLyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>2020-06-04 18:27:06 -0400
commit7dc396989ab1fd712ce69d22354b7c568fec9c0a (patch)
tree65f186bd0d70c510d33c56679acdc8564533d5c8 /BoardOfDirectors
parentc38ebd0d9eb65a9ba7bd7946a3693a8065655a08 (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2020-06-04HEADmaster
Diffstat (limited to 'BoardOfDirectors')
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/06-04.mdwn61
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/06-04.mdwn54
4 files changed, 117 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index eac7bc95..09b69a72 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -298,3 +298,4 @@ Meetings are held every second Thursday.
* [[Apr. 23|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/04-23]]
* [[May. 07|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/05-07]]
* [[May. 21|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/05-21]]
+* [[Jun. 04|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/06-04]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/06-04.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/06-04.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..40d8d9da
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2020/06-04.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,61 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[14:58:50] [connected at Thu Jun 4 14:58:50 2020]
+[14:58:50] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[14:59:34] <anholt> hi!
+[14:59:41] <keithp> o/
+[14:59:45] <Lyude> Hey guys! So agenda for today: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, XDC2020 sponsors, X.org/Freedesktop.org domain status, cloud hosting for freedesktop.org, and gsoc/evoc
+[14:59:46] <samuelig> o/
+[15:00:01] <Lyude> and treasurer's report (just putting that here for the record, feel free to cp what you said before anholt )
+[15:00:57] <Lyude> So I can start with the x.org/freedesktop.org domain status update: not sure what's going on, but I poked SPI's irc and they're getting in contact tpot who supposedly should be able to help: 13:56 <luca> tpot is looking at migrating existing domains from mythic-beasts to gandi; not sure if he's looking at the migration new domain but would make sense
+[15:01:18] <mfilion> o/
+[15:01:27] <keithp> great!
+[15:01:55] <Lyude> anholt: any update on XDC2019 sponsor invoicing w/ intel?
+[15:02:28] * danvet waves
+[15:02:50] <hwentlan> hi
+[15:03:02] <anholt> Lyude: nope.
+[15:03:07] <Lyude> gotcha :\
+[15:03:20] <anholt> would love intel folks on the board pushing on this. we're at a loss.
+[15:03:27] <Lyude> danvet: any updates with XDC2020 sponsors?
+[15:04:10] <mfilion> anholt agreed. can the intel folks here help out?
+[15:04:18] <danvet> chatted with one, looks good for Bronze, thx to anholt for already helping out there
+[15:04:54] <danvet> aside from that still struggling with getting this all sorted, past few months world had a bit a habit of going to shit everytime I thought I had my act together and some time for this :-/
+[15:05:19] <Lyude> understandable
+[15:05:41] <Lyude> mdnavare: btw ^ if you're able to help with poking intel as well, we still haven't received any payment from them for XDC2019
+[15:05:46] <danvet> I'll try again this w/e and see
+[15:06:04] <danvet> I think that's all for xdc20 sponsors
+[15:06:18] <mdnavare> Lyude: Yes me too, I have poked our VP multiple times already but will follow up again
+[15:06:26] <Lyude> cool, thanks!
+[15:06:37] <mfilion> thanks mdnavare :)
+[15:06:43] <Lyude> daniels (or danvet maybe?) either of you available to go over the status of cloud hosting for fdo.org?
+[15:07:01] <danvet> got some nice sponsoring in the bank from gitlab
+[15:07:39] <danvet> I think there's still bunch of discussion going on about where exactly our git pull related bw evaporates and why
+[15:08:00] <danvet> otherwise 2x long w/e here in europe and I was offline, so was a bit out of the loop ...
+[15:08:41] <Lyude> iirc the git bandwidth thing might have something to do with repo sharing being off?
+[15:09:02] <Lyude> I remembr because I asked when I was seeing >1+ GB of pull data every time I updated my git repos
+[15:09:35] <Lyude> anyway-thanks, tlwoerner - you here to go over GSoC/EVoC?
+[15:09:35] <danvet> that seems to be one, the other is that apparently git protocol v2 has a bug where it decides to give up looking for common ancestor and downloads the entire thing, resulting in a few GB of downloads
+[15:09:50] <danvet> upstream git has disabled protocol v2, I think daniels is looking into disabling is server side
+[15:10:11] <danvet> this bug happens especially with big&active repos like kernel or mesa ...
+[15:11:42] <Lyude> [i'll give tlwoerner a couple minutes to join, but we can cut the meeting early if they aren't here in ~5-10m or so]
+[15:11:44] <danvet> this is super new, I guess they'll ping gitlab/nuritzi if they're stuck on this
+[15:12:16] <danvet> Lyude, keithp I guess fd.o domain status is still "stuck"?
+[15:12:28] <Lyude> danvet: scroll up, I did actually get a response over irc
+[15:12:30] <keithp> danvet: sounds like tpot is doing work inthis area
+[15:12:54] <danvet> ah cool, overlooked that somehow
+[15:13:15] <keithp> been stuck for so long, seems reasoanble to assume stasis...
+[15:13:57] <danvet> yeah, but would be great if we can get this sorted and then maybe start looking at our 2025 problem
+[15:23:56] <mfilion> so is that it for the meeting?
+[15:27:08] <anholt> got to head out shortly. my other update is that I finished off the ledger and started typing up treasurer's report. will try to finish and send draft around.
+[15:31:47] <danvet> Lyude, we're done?
+[15:31:55] <Lyude> jcristau: ah yes-sorry!
+[15:32:01] * danvet kinda busy assembling a tarte
+[15:32:05] <Lyude> meeting's finished :) (i've been multitasking a lot)
+[15:32:13] <danvet> same
+[15:32:36] <keithp> danvet: what's in the tarte today?
+[15:35:04] <danvet> nectarines
+[15:36:07] <danvet> I have a wild experiment for the w/e planned, rhubarb with black chocolate chips and hot peppers
+[15:36:18] <danvet> I might report that one on twitter :-)
+[15:37:36] <mfilion> wow
+[15:37:45] <mfilion> looking forward to seeing that one lol
+"""]]
+[18:27:06] [disconnected at Thu Jun 4 18:27:06 2020]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn
index 8154535e..cede247c 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020.mdwn
@@ -9,3 +9,4 @@
* [[Apr. 23|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/04-23]]
* [[May. 07|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-07]]
* [[May. 21|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/05-21]]
+* [[Jun. 04|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/06-04]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/06-04.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/06-04.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..bdb0da2b
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/06-04.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,54 @@
+Summary of the 04 June 2020 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Manasi Navare,
+Mark Filion,
+Keith Packard,
+Eric Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+
+Absent:
+
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, XDC2020 sponsors, X.org/freedesktop.org
+domain status, cloud hosting for freedesktop.org, GSoC/EVoC
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
+No updates, have poked higher ups at Intel many times now. Still no payment.
+ACTIONS: Continue poking
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
+Got one bronze sponsor, but still working to get all of this sorted.
+ACTIONS: Daniel to continue finding sponsors
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status
+Got a response from SPI over irc: SPI is investigating moving domain registrars.
+ACTIONS: Lyude to keep up to date with SPI's progress
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: X.org/Freedesktop.org domain status
+Got sponsorship money from Gitlab. There's still a bunch of discussions
+regarding where our git pull related bandwidth is going and why.
+ACTIONS: FDO admins to investigate git pull bw costs
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/EVoC
+Trevor was absent, so no updates.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]