summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorDaniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>2019-08-29 21:37:36 +0200
committerDaniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>2019-08-29 21:37:36 +0200
commitae1c659ce446ccb0c1234f29a5706f9f79484864 (patch)
tree051f0f740e2cca2253377c7e771bc33186c4ef9e
parentddc110afaca2407f45fa65012e42d68c7323659f (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2019-08-29
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2019/08-29.mdwn111
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019/08-29.mdwn55
4 files changed, 168 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index 089a2fb7..a3c81365 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -274,3 +274,4 @@ Meetings are held every second Thursday.
* [[Jul. 18|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2019/07-18]]
* [[Aug. 01|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2019/08-01]]
* [[Aug. 15|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2019/08-15]]
+* [[Aug. 29|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2019/08-29]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2019/08-29.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2019/08-29.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..c6de97ed
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2019/08-29.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,111 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[20:56:50] [connected at Thu Aug 29 20:56:50 2019]
+[20:57:01] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[20:57:21] <anholt> here
+[20:58:47] <Lyude> here
+[20:59:05] <bryce> o/
+[21:00:33] <danvet_> hi all
+[21:00:36] <tlwoerner> hello
+[21:01:15] <mdnavare> Hi everyone
+[21:01:15] <samuelig> hi!
+[21:01:16] <Lyude> danvet_: oh, re your question: nope, I'm still not sure
+[21:01:22] <Lyude> (we can talk about that post-meeting though :)
+[21:01:37] <danvet_> Agenda: gsoc/evoc, xdc cfp/sponsors, fd.o admins, coc training
+[21:01:46] <danvet_> Lyude, should I add "join vesa?" to the list?
+[21:01:53] <Lyude> oh yeah sure
+[21:01:58] <hwentlan> \o
+[21:02:16] <danvet_> keithp, around too?
+[21:02:27] <danvet_> anything else to add to the agenda?
+[21:03:24] <danvet_> oh right, I'll be at plumbers next meeting, Lyude bryce can either of you pls run the secretary show next time around?
+[21:03:44] <Lyude> danvet_: sure thing, I'll leave a note for myself
+[21:03:53] <danvet_> thx
+[21:04:03] <danvet_> I guess let's get started
+[21:04:06] <danvet_> tlwoerner, gsoc?
+[21:04:10] <tlwoerner> sure
+[21:04:20] <tlwoerner> the students are done their work and their final evaluations
+[21:04:38] <bryce> I'll be out of town for the next meeting btw fwiw
+[21:04:39] <tlwoerner> i just need to get the mentors (who i've been poking all week) to complete their evaluations
+[21:05:05] <tlwoerner> nobody showed any interest in attending the gsoc summit
+[21:05:33] <tlwoerner> and, according to anholt, reimbursement for the dragonboard is in the queue
+[21:06:05] <tlwoerner> (that's all i have for this meeting)
+[21:06:23] <danvet_> bryce, noted in the minutes, thx
+[21:06:59] <tlwoerner> oh, another potential meeting topic: spi?
+[21:07:25] <danvet_> why?
+[21:07:39] <danvet_> what's up with them?
+[21:07:50] <tlwoerner> keithp was "going to pick a new date" or something?
+[21:08:00] <danvet_> oh that's coc training
+[21:08:05] <tlwoerner> ah, sorry
+[21:08:20] <danvet_> tlwoerner, anything else on gsoc?
+[21:08:33] <tlwoerner> nothing
+[21:08:55] <danvet_> last minute invite to get the students to xdc, or both already coming?
+[21:09:09] <tlwoerner> i can check
+[21:09:36] <tlwoerner> we asked mstoeckl if he wanted to attend, but he can't
+[21:09:39] <danvet_> otherwise next year
+[21:09:54] <tlwoerner> something about "busy with school" or some-such
+[21:09:55] <tlwoerner> ;-)
+[21:10:04] <danvet_> yeah it's a bit late this year :-/
+[21:10:11] <danvet_> tlwoerner, thx for the update
+[21:10:13] <tlwoerner> okay
+[21:10:14] <danvet_> mdnavare, evoc?
+[21:10:44] <mdnavare> danvet_: nothing on that
+[21:10:53] <danvet_> worksforme :-)
+[21:11:04] <danvet_> anholt, update on xdc sponsor invoicing?
+[21:11:28] <anholt> things are moving along, basically just intel and google left
+[21:11:50] <danvet_> still need to invoice them or just payment still inflight?
+[21:12:08] <anholt> intel's got some crazy hoops that SPI has had to jump through
+[21:12:23] <anholt> google has just dropped the ball on responding to the invoicing questions
+[21:12:26] <danvet_> yeah we moved group, so I guess it's all new
+[21:12:51] <danvet_> is google responding now or do we need to kick that again?
+[21:13:28] <anholt> I've sent 3 pings in a row, #1/3 got a response of just ccing a couple of other googlers but without a clear request.
+[21:17:27] <danvet_> I'll kick that can too, maybe it helps
+[21:18:06] <danvet_> anholt, thx for the update
+[21:18:24] * danvet_ got interrupted a bit there, sry
+[21:18:32] <danvet_> samuelig, anything else wrt xdc?
+[21:19:01] <samuelig> just as a reminder for the minutes, we have the cfp for lightning talks and workshops still open.
+[21:19:43] <samuelig> nothing else to comment (I just came back from holidays).
+[21:20:48] <danvet_> sounds good
+[21:21:27] <danvet_> next topic, fd.o admins, anyone got guilt tripped into looking into that?
+[21:23:37] <danvet_> I guess not
+[21:23:57] <danvet_> quick update on coc training: spi booked the 3 slots in 2 weeks, so Lyude mdnavare and daniels will attend that
+[21:24:14] <danvet_> will book a later date for keithp later on, he's travelling now
+[21:24:36] <mdnavare> yes got the email on that
+[21:24:45] <danvet_> Lyude, vesa?
+[21:24:51] <danvet_> maybe start with why :-)
+[21:24:53] <danvet_> and what
+[21:25:35] <Lyude> danvet_: well, the reason is mostly so that I can get access to DP MST spec sheets, I can try to convince my employer to get RH to join but I figured it'd be beneficial for everyone if maybe we could get Xorg back in
+[21:25:57] <Lyude> That being said I don't really know -why- we left in the first place
+[21:26:06] <danvet_> have we been part of vesa before?
+[21:26:11] * danvet_ no idea
+[21:26:19] <hwentlan> cost? looks like it's $5000 a year
+[21:26:39] <Lyude> danvet_: I definitely believe we were at one point, yeah, because at one point we also had to deal with taking down spec sheets being uploaded
+[21:27:01] <Lyude> when we researched doing it for RH I think it was $10K a year but I'd have to double check
+[21:27:22] <anholt> I thought we had a free membership of some sort
+[21:27:26] <anholt> back in the day
+[21:27:32] <anholt> so once that ended, we were done
+[21:27:33] <hwentlan> yes, depends on annual revenue (or income?) so it'd be more for RH
+[21:27:38] <anholt> (vague recollection)
+[21:27:47] <Lyude> mhm, that makes sense
+[21:27:58] <hwentlan> wonder if we could try making a case for free membership to both vesa and hdmi forums for the specs
+[21:28:15] <Lyude> mhm, we are kinda the ones supporting it upstream anyway :p
+[21:28:35] <Lyude> any idea where we would start with that?
+[21:28:43] <danvet_> hwentlan, hdmi is cea?
+[21:29:01] <hwentlan> danvet, there's cea (now cta) and the hdmi forum
+[21:29:12] <hwentlan> i believe they're separate entities (hdmi has too many different entitites)
+[21:30:28] <danvet_> Lyude, you want to volunteer to look into this and send some mails around?
+[21:31:15] <hwentlan> Lyude, i could do a behind-the-scenes inquiry about hdmi forum membership and vesa membership
+[21:33:27] <Lyude> anyway-if it's a problem of budget it's not a huge deal, but if we could get a free membeship it'd be quite nice :)
+[21:33:29] <Lyude> oh wait
+[21:33:33] <Lyude> sorry! I was scrolled up
+[21:33:37] <Lyude> thought no one had said anything
+[21:33:59] <Lyude> danvet_: sure, hwentlan - should I wait for you to check that out first
+[21:34:31] <hwentlan> Lyude, doesn't hurt if you start sending emails around
+[21:34:40] <hwentlan> if i find out anything i'll let you know
+[21:34:55] <Lyude> sure thing, I'll try to get started sometime this week then
+[21:35:26] <danvet_> ok, I'll list you both in the minutes
+[21:35:32] <Lyude> sgtm
+[21:35:34] <danvet_> and we can see next time around what's possible
+[21:35:42] <danvet_> anything else, or done with the mtg?
+[21:37:28] <danvet_> sounds like we're all done
+[21:37:33] <danvet_> thx everyone for joining
+"""]]
+[21:37:36] [disconnected at Thu Aug 29 21:37:36 2019]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019.mdwn
index 9e454a34..48f28573 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019.mdwn
@@ -14,3 +14,4 @@
* [[Jul. 18|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019/07-18]]
* [[Aug. 01|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019/08-01]]
* [[Aug. 15|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019/08-15]]
+* [[Aug. 29|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019/08-29]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019/08-29.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019/08-29.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..c33968db
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2019/08-29.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,55 @@
+Summary of the 29 August 2019 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Manasi Navare,
+Bryce Harrington,
+Eric Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+Trevor Woerner
+
+Absent:
+
+Keith Packard,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: gsoc/evoc, xdc cfp/sponsors, fd.o admins, coc training, vesa
+
+CFP for lighting talks and workshops still open!
+
+Absent notes for next meeting: Daniel&Keith at lpc, Bryce out too
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: gsoc/evoc
+Students done, awaiting final evaluations. hw reimbursement is in the payment
+queue of spi now. Nothing from evoc.
+ACTIONS: Trevor to check whether any of the students could be last-minute
+invited to xdc.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: xdc
+All xdc20 sponsors now invoiced except 2 (corporate invoice processes are fun),
+most paid already.
+ACTIONS: Daniel to help kick the can with Google.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: coc training
+3 slots booked.
+ACTIONS: Daniel to work to get the 4th date fixed.
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: vesa
+Lyude looking into whether X.org could join vesa (again). Harry also looking
+into what's possible.
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]