summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorLyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>2021-09-16 14:37:14 -0400
committerLyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>2021-09-16 14:37:14 -0400
commit9941530a89dc782740d7e252d6b900049b951895 (patch)
tree07f69fb71e6ccbf289e8d4fcd2c1fff79d6c8898
parent7726e357c882fd9b94313e763bb97ee96a12da53 (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2021-09-16
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16.mdwn30
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn79
4 files changed, 111 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index 98e6d29e..cd95084c 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -333,3 +333,4 @@ Meetings are held every second Thursday.
* [[Jul. 29|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/07-29]]
* [[Aug. 12|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/08-12]]
* [[Aug. 26|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/08-26]]
+* [[Sep. 16|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..7d376b81
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2021/09-16.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,30 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[13:26:56] [connected at Thu Sep 16 13:26:56 2021]
+[13:26:56] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[13:27:22] <Lyude> (that date is definitely wrong, will fix it after the meeting)
+[13:27:53] <samuelig> why? is't it 15 days after this one?
+[13:27:58] <samuelig> isn't*
+[13:28:04] <Lyude> oh yeah it is
+[13:28:05] <Lyude> oops
+[13:28:13] <Lyude> didn't realize it still set it at 7 pm which is correct
+[13:28:47] <Lyude> hwentlan, mdnavare - either of you two coming
+[13:30:22] <Lyude> Agenda: X.org/fdo.org domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, HDMI 2.1 split specification proposal?, MIPI alliance and CSI
+[13:31:26] <mfilion> so are we meeting here or jitsi?
+[13:31:37] <Lyude> mfilion: we are meeting here, I posted the link higher up
+[13:52:30] <Lyude> mdnavare: poke?
+[13:56:26] <anholt_> so, treasurer report has been the point where we have actually sanity-checked the spi books
+[13:56:45] <anholt_> if we give up on the treasurer report, then we're not doing that any more and treasurer is just "make sure that invoices flow"
+[13:57:04] <anholt_> so do we get rid of tracking our own ledger?
+[13:57:12] <anholt_> it's the hardest work the treasurer does
+[13:57:23] <danvet> afaik it's not been updated since a while
+[13:57:35] <anholt_> yeah, I don't know that mdnavare has been keeping it up
+[13:57:44] <anholt_> we're not the 501c3, spi is
+[13:57:52] <anholt_> so they're doing that
+[13:58:05] <anholt_> but our bylaws do require a treasurer's report iirc
+[13:58:37] <anholt_> but I don't know that the bylaws require that we track our own ledger, it could just be the treasurer using the spi data to explain what's happened for the year
+[13:59:53] <danvet> anholt_, yeah that's my idea
+[14:00:10] <danvet> until maybe we have someone really enthusiastic about monies tracking again
+[14:02:09] <anholt_> syncing was really hard (especially when spi does some correction to a few dollar donation split between projects earlier in the year or whatever), and getting spi to produce raw data for us to slurp in has proved impossible. so, I think just trusting their data is the right choice, and that lets the treasurer do just the important work (invoices) rather than busywork. and then just once a year explain to the public where our money came from and went
+[14:02:09] <anholt_> at a high level.
+"""]]
+[14:37:14] [disconnected at Thu Sep 16 14:37:14 2021]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
index 3d8e7461..8940eb24 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021.mdwn
@@ -15,3 +15,4 @@
* [[Jul. 29|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/07-29]]
* [[Aug. 12|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/08-12]]
* [[Aug. 26|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/08-26]]
+* [[Sep. 16|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..0ba61363
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2021/09-16.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,79 @@
+Summary of the 16 September 2021 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+Lyude Paul,
+Mark Filion,
+Keith Packard,
+Emma Anholt,
+Harry Wentland,
+
+Guests:
+Trevor Woerner
+
+Absent:
+Manasi Navare,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: X.org/fdo.org domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices
+status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, HDMI 2.1, MIPI alliance and CSI,
+officer confirmation
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: X.org/fdo.org status
+No updates
+ACTIONS: Daniel to try to resume this after XDC
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Requesting ledger data
+No updates from our side
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
+Manasi wasn't here, so tabled till next meeting
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2021
+We have some issues related to indico config that were either fixed or we found
+a workaround. We have two streaming services this time, being the new one an
+open-source platform (media.ccc.de) which worked reasonably fine
+ACTIONS: Conference organizers to keep doing a great job!
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2022
+The board approved our hosting proposal, and if possible Lyude will be
+announcing the next location for XDC during her presentation tomorrow.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+No updates
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: HDMI 2.1
+Some more potential proposals for working with the HDMI forum were discussed
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+When providing VESA spec access to an X.org member, they asked whether we had
+ever considered trying to setup a liasonship with the MIPI alliance in the same
+way as we have setup for VESA. Board voted to approve!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: Officer Confirmation
+Didn't have 100% quorum, so tabled till next meeting.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+"""]]