summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorLyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>2022-07-20 15:45:07 -0400
committerLyude Paul <lyude@redhat.com>2022-07-20 15:45:07 -0400
commit0e6349aab69f01b4810dcafa6694cabf8188a528 (patch)
tree62b45cf410d0ab722a3cf5ace444b172dff809da
parent2458541fda6e6faebded2ee49c3ad287efc74b37 (diff)
Xorg BoD minutes 2022-07-20
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20.mdwn103
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn1
-rw-r--r--BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20.mdwn47
4 files changed, 152 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
index a86cbd12..fb0eea79 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs.mdwn
@@ -354,3 +354,4 @@ Meetings are held every second Thursday.
* [[Jun. 08|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/06-08]]
* [[Jun. 22|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/06-22]]
* [[Jul. 06|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-06]]
+* [[Jul. 20|BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..e299e30c
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2022/07-20.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,103 @@
+[[!format txt """
+[12:26:09] [connected at Wed Jul 20 12:26:09 2022]
+[12:26:10] [I have joined #xf-bod]
+[12:28:47] <Lyude> Hi everyone! So the agenda today: XDC2022/XDC2023, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI alliance and CSI, and vaccination for XDC I guess
+[12:29:30] <Lyude> On XDC2022: CFP just finished up today! We got a pretty good number of talks as well
+[12:30:19] <Lyude> Regarding XDC2023: me, mfilion and (iirc?) alyssa met with PEI to discuss hosting which went pretty well, I'm quite interested to hear what PEI has to offer
+[12:30:41] <Lyude> Gave them some previous year's RFPs as reference also
+[12:31:29] <Lyude> tlwoerner, siqueira - either of you around for GSoC/EVoC stuff?
+[12:31:43] <siqueira> yes
+[12:31:54] <siqueira> I'll give my report for GSoC
+[12:33:34] <rg3igalia> regarding XDC 2022 I can talk a bit about the selection process and voting
+[12:34:15] <Lyude> rg3igalia: sure, feel free to go after siqueira
+[12:34:47] <siqueira> Should I start now? Sorry, Idk the report protocol...
+[12:34:52] <Lyude> oh yeah lol, sorry
+[12:35:08] <siqueira> Ok, let me start :)
+[12:36:20] <siqueira> We are approaching the first evaluation, and I think we are really happy with the student performance. We asked them to update their work, and send new versions of their pathces and start to publish some blog posts
+[12:36:31] <siqueira> We will see some of them soon in the freedesktop planet
+[12:37:03] <siqueira> They also asked for sponsorship for this year's XDC.
+[12:37:21] <alyssa> Woohoo!
+[12:38:16] <siqueira> About the sponsorship, we also have a non-gsoc student that is working with the students. I asked her to send an email to the board.
+[12:38:24] <Lyude> siqueira: cool! we can vote to approve that once we've got an invoice from them :)
+[12:38:31] <Lyude> (I think that's how it works iirc)
+[12:39:25] <rg3igalia> I don't know how it works, but I was going to comment a bit about travel sponsorship for XDC
+[12:39:25] <siqueira> I guess that's all from my side. Idk if I can vote since I'm not part of the board...
+[12:39:49] <Lyude> rg3igalia: sure go ahead. and siqueira sounds good :)
+[12:40:10] <rg3igalia> we have 3 cases of travel sponsorship this year
+[12:40:45] <rg3igalia> the presenters for the kunit talk have requested sponsorship and I think their numbers are realistic (I don't know if they'd need to be increased given siqueira's comments above)
+[12:40:48] <daniels> Lyude: you should probably change the time in secretary bot too :P
+[12:41:00] <Lyude> sigh, thought I fixed that already
+[12:41:12] <rg3igalia> the request is around ~$9000
+[12:41:50] <Lyude> rg3igalia: how many presenters is this?
+[12:41:54] <rg3igalia> or ~3000 in total per speaker
+[12:42:04] <Lyude> also cc: anholt
+[12:42:17] <rg3igalia> I've already booked my flights and hotel for XDC, their proposal sounds realistic
+[12:42:41] <rg3igalia> they've probably received advice from Melissa and/or siqueira on this?
+[12:42:45] <Lyude> alright, would probably be good to get that itemized fwiw
+[12:43:02] <Lyude> but if they've got the expenses I think we can vote on them now
+[12:43:33] <siqueira> rg3igalia yes, we tried to help them with the request.
+[12:43:35] <rg3igalia> 1500/2000 for the flight tickets and ~1000 for the hotel, which sounds realistic to me
+[12:43:46] <Lyude> ahhh yeah that sounds about right then
+[12:43:53] <rg3igalia> and matches my experience, but I'm flying from Europe
+[12:44:02] <Lyude> I forgot how much airfare has gone up as well
+[12:44:08] <rg3igalia> yes, indeed
+[12:44:38] <Lyude> alyssa, danvet, mdnavare, mfilion, who all is available for voting on this?
+[12:45:04] <alyssa> I'm sort of here
+[12:46:01] <Lyude> we need at least 4 people for quorum though, if we can't get it now then we can vote on it over email
+[12:47:02] <Lyude> mhh - I think we should probably just do this over email
+[12:47:22] <rg3igalia> ok, we can vote several ones at the same time over email
+[12:47:35] <Lyude> Same for the vaccination question since we don't have enough people here
+[12:47:42] <Lyude> rg3igalia: sgtm
+[12:47:50] <rg3igalia> the second one is a request from kevin brace
+[12:48:21] <danvet> Lyude, here-ish now
+[12:48:29] * danvet went for dinner instead of bod mtg
+[12:48:31] <rg3igalia> it's my understanding travel sponsorship doesn't take into account if the talk is approved or not, likely one of his proposals is going to be accepted but can't be completely sure
+[12:48:44] <danvet> +1 on the 9k for 3 people from me
+[12:48:52] <alyssa> which talk was that again?
+[12:49:07] <rg3igalia> KUnit sorcery and the uncanny nature of FPU in the DRM
+[12:49:18] <danvet> alyssa, we extended our travel sponsor program to essential "bother to submit a proposal"
+[12:49:49] <danvet> as long as the proposal looks like it's somewhat relevant to the community and they look like they'd benefit from attending we acked
+[12:49:59] <danvet> and even with that only got to like 16k grants pre-covid
+[12:50:03] <danvet> so pleeeeeenty of budget
+[12:50:06] <rg3igalia> anyway, back to kevin brace, he submitted a very detailed and itemized list totalling like $500 that's, to me, totally unrealistic
+[12:50:17] <danvet> uh kevin brace
+[12:50:28] <rg3igalia> I sgugest we accept it and increase the budget to something like $1000, but dunno
+[12:50:31] <Lyude> depends where he lives but yeah
+[12:50:33] <danvet> rg3igalia, for a lot of things we decided on lump sump, if they ask for it
+[12:50:46] <danvet> rg3igalia, imo 500$ is ok
+[12:51:10] <alyssa> oh, it looks like he's also doing a lightning talk
+[12:51:18] <danvet> since we run the travel grants on a as-needs basis
+[12:51:21] <alyssa> so will be speaking regardless, then
+[12:51:24] <danvet> i.e. they get what they ask for :-)
+[12:51:42] <rg3igalia> I don't know where he's going to stay for that money, but I can do the sum again just in case I'm misremembering his proposal
+[12:51:48] <danvet> some only flights, some include the daily food thing we have with some kind of local col scale
+[12:52:25] <danvet> rg3igalia, iirc he was fairly cheap when he asked for travel grant for last physical NA xdc too
+[12:52:28] <danvet> and seems to have worked out
+[12:53:01] <danvet> btw I need to disappear in a few minutes
+[12:53:05] <Lyude> alyssa: would you be up to voting on the covid thing?
+[12:53:49] <Lyude> danvet: yeah - we only have 2 things after this, which is MIPI - still need to contact the person sorry, and then requiring vaccination. but if we want we can also just do that over email
+[12:54:17] * rg3igalia doing the math again on his proposal, likely to total close to ~600 but it was some weeks ago already
+[12:54:31] <danvet> rg3igalia, https://www.x.org/wiki/XorgFoundation/Policies/Reimbursement/ <- in case you werent aware, we pretty much just checked the travel grant request against that
+[12:54:42] <rg3igalia> danvet: thanks
+[12:54:54] <rg3igalia> so I say we accept his proposal?
+[12:55:02] <rg3igalia> +1 from me too
+[12:55:02] <danvet> rg3igalia, three's links for per diem lump sum and stuff so it's not too onerous on us
+[12:55:06] <Lyude> I'm fine with it, +1 from me
+[12:55:06] <danvet> yeah imo too
+[12:55:20] <danvet> rg3igalia, maybe if you can send a mail to board@ with all the travel requests and we vote there?
+[12:55:25] <danvet> since I need to go now ...
+[12:55:33] <Lyude> yeah, probably a good idea
+[12:55:47] <rg3igalia> the third one is jakan tegi, he said he would update the travel sponsor requirement, I pinged him but he didn't reply
+[12:56:06] <rg3igalia> sorry, jagan teki
+[12:56:39] <Lyude> rg3igalia: alright, I'd probably forward that to the board list since we're getting pretty close to the end of the meeting anyway
+[12:57:05] <Lyude> sorry y'all for the scheduling mistake on my part today, I think we can call this the end of the meeting though!
+[12:57:10] <rg3igalia> and finally just a status update on the voting: thanks everyone for voting on time!
+[12:57:26] <Lyude> np! :)
+[12:57:39] <rg3igalia> I'll need to run a second round of votes and send my conclusions over email with some suggestions so we can, perhaps with one more week, have a final selection of talks
+[12:58:14] <alyssa> +1 to the thing daniels emailed about, btw...
+[13:08:08] <danvet> +1 on rg3igalia sending something like that out to nv+amd as paper chair, I think it would be a good message
+[13:08:18] <danvet> once we have the program
+[14:10:05] <mfilion> oops I logged in earlier today and saw meeting was at 7 pm so thought it had returned to the previous time....
+[14:34:46] * anholt here now
+"""]]
+[15:45:07] [disconnected at Wed Jul 20 15:45:07 2022]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn
index 2565d28e..852828c7 100644
--- a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022.mdwn
@@ -10,3 +10,4 @@
* [[Jun. 08|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/06-08]]
* [[Jun. 22|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/06-22]]
* [[Jul. 06|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-06]]
+* [[Jul. 20|BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20]]
diff --git a/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20.mdwn b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..92722f8f
--- /dev/null
+++ b/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2022/07-20.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,47 @@
+Summary of the 20 July 2022 meeting of the [[X.Org Foundation|XorgFoundation]] [[Board of Directors|BoardOfDirectors]]
+Full IRC meeting logs are posted at [[BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/]]
+
+## Attendees
+
+Present:
+Daniel Vetter,
+Lyude Paul,
+Alyssa Rosenzweig,
+Ricardo Garcia
+
+Guests:
+Rodrigo Siqueira Jordao
+
+Absent:
+Emma Anholt,
+Mark Filion,
+Manasi Navare,
+Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,
+
+## Summary
+
+Agenda: XDC2022, XDC2023, MIPI Alliance and CSI, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+
+## Items discussed
+
+[[!format txt """
+ITEM: XDC2022
+First round of voting on talks completed! Will be doing second round of voting on talks next week. Also discussed some students/presenters asking for sponsorship.
+ACTIONS: Discussion on sponsorships to continue over email
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: XDC2023
+Had a meeting with one of the organizations interested in submitting an RFP for XDC2023, meeting went well and we're excited to see what they come up with!
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
+Lyude got too busy over the last two weeks to get to this
+ACTIONS: Lyude to poke people related to this
+STATUS: Pending
+
+ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
+We are approaching the first evaluation, and so far we aree very happy wiht the student's performance! They've been asked to update their work, and send new versions of their patches and start to publish some blog posts. These shoud show up soon on FDO planet.
+ACTIONS:
+STATUS: Pending Done
+"""]]