As a user, you interact with a Telepathy Client.
* **[[Empathy|http://live.gnome.org/Empathy]]**: a Gnome IM/voice/video client
* **[[KDE-Telepathy|http://community.kde.org/KTp]]**: a collection of components providing IM capabilities to the KDE desktops
* Many OLPC activities do collaboration using telepathy, including [[Paint|http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Paint_%28Oficina%29]] and [[Chat|http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Chat]].
* [[Some other applications|Telepathy and other Projects]] have Telepathy-enabled features as well
## Connection Managers
Connection Managers are the components responsible for actually connecting to the Jabber/AIM/... server. Your distribution probably has packages for most or all of the current CMs, so you don't need to install from source unless you're on a weird distro or want to hack on them.
* **Gabble:** A Jabber/XMPP connection manager that handles single- and multi-user chats and voice/video calls.
* `git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble`
* [[Browse git history|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble]]
* [[Releases (source code)|http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/]]
* **Salut:** A link-local XMPP connection manager ([[XEP-0174|http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0174.html]]). [[CategorySalut|CategorySalut]]
* `git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-salut`
* [[Browse git history|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-salut]]
* [[Releases (source code)|http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-salut/]]
* **Idle**: A IRC connection manager.
* `git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-idle`
* [[Browse git history|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-idle]]
* [[Releases (source code)|http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-idle/]]
* **Rakia:** A SIP connection manager based around the [[Sofia-SIP|http://sofia-sip.sourceforge.net/]] library (formerly known as _Telepathy-SofiaSIP_)
* `git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-rakia`
* [[Browse git history|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-rakia]];
* [[Releases (source code, development branch only)|http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-rakia/]]; stable and historical releases can be found under the [[old name|http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-sofiasip/]], and yet older ones on the [[SF.net project page|http://sourceforge.net/projects/tp-sofiasip]].
* **Haze:** A connection manager based on Pidgin's libpurple, supporting all protocols in Pidgin (AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, etc) at a basic level, but already very usable.
* [[Releases (source code)|http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-haze/]]; new releases are announced on the Telepathy mailing list.
* `git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-haze`
* [[Browse git history|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-haze]]
* Requires libpurple and [[Telepathy GLib|Components/Telepathy GLib]]
* [[Haze FAQ|Haze FAQ]]
* **[[telepathy-ring|http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-ring]]:** GSM support via Ofono.
* **[[Telepathy GLib|Components/Telepathy GLib]]**: A GLib/GObject-based library for clients and connection managers
* **[[Telepathy Qt|Components/Telepathy Qt]]**: Qt4/Qt5 library for use in Telepathy clients, including a Qt binding for [[Telepathy-Farstream|Components/Telepathy-Farstream]]. Renamed from [[Telepathy-Qt4|Components/Telepathy-Qt4]] since version 0.9.0
* **[[Telepathy-Farstream|Components/Telepathy-Farstream]]**: a GLib/GObject library that uses [[Farstream|https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Farstream/]] to handle the media streaming part of channels of type [[Call|https://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/Channel_Type_Call.html]]
* **[[Wocky|Components/Wocky]]**: an XMPP library that is built entirely asynchronously, makes it easier to provide more modern XMPP features, and takes advantage of the latest GLib features, such as gnio. Wocky source is directly in the gabble tree (via a git submodule).
* **[Folks](http://live.gnome.org/Folks)**: a library that aggregates people from multiple sources (eg, Telepathy connection managers for IM contacts, Evolution Data Server for local contacts, libsocialweb for web service contacts, etc.) to create metacontacts
## Other Components
* **[[Mission Control|Components/Mission Control]]**: an Account Manager and Channel Dispatcher implementation, which stores accounts and coordinates the launching of connection managers and clients.
* **[[SSH Contact|Components/SSH-Contact]]**: a client/service tool that makes it easy to connect to your telepathy IM contacts via SSH, using [[Stream Tubes|Documentation/Tubes]]
See also the [[Dead Components|Components/Dead]] page for some history.