* kill /etc/timezone handling entirely? What does it provide?
- /etc/localtime carries the same information already:
$ ls -l /etc/localtime; cat /etc/timezone
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33 Jul 27 09:55 /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin
- systemd enforces /usr to be available at bootup, so we can
enforce the use of the symlink
* remove MS_SHARED from src/core/execute.c and src/test/test-ns.c. They are always combined
with MS_REMOUNT, which currently does nothing in the kernel, but might which fail in the
* check systemd-tmpfiles for selinux context hookup for mknod(), symlink() and similar
* swap units that are activated by one name but shown in the kernel under another are semi-broken
* make anaconda write timeout=0 for encrypted devices
* Dangling symlinks of .automount unit files in .wants/ directories, set up
automount points even when the original .automount file did not exist
anymore. Only the .mount unit was still around.
* make polkit checks async
* properly handle .mount unit state tracking when two mount points are stacked one on top of another on the exact same mount point.
* we pull src/core/manager.h into src/shared/src/shared/path-lookup.c which is the wrong direction
rename enum "ManagerRunningAs" to "SystemdRunningAs" and move it to shared/
* crash happens when running a service as forking and then changing it to simple and reloading.
Jul 09 18:20:57 mop systemd: usbmuxd.service operation timed out. Terminating.
Jul 09 18:20:57 mop systemd: Unit usbmuxd.service entered failed state.
Jul 09 18:22:24 mop systemd: PID 21814 read from file /var/run/usbmuxd.pid does not exist.
Jul 09 18:22:24 mop systemd: Unit usbmuxd.service entered failed state.
Jul 09 18:22:33 mop systemd: Reloading.
Jul 09 18:22:37 mop systemd: Assertion 's->type == SERVICE_FORKING' failed at src/core/service.c:3007, function service_sigchld_eve...Aborting.
Jul 09 18:22:37 mop systemd: Caught <ABRT>, dumped core as pid 21865.
Jul 09 18:22:37 mop systemd: Freezing execution.
Jul 09 18:22:37 mop : Process 21865 (systemd) dumped core.
* support *static* (/run) hibernate inhibitors. All rpm -i actions should completely prevent any
sort of hibernate action until the next reboot. If the kernel or any other base tool is replaced
by rpm, the resume path might fail, the for resume needed kernel might even be uninstalled, and
the whole situation leads directly to data loss.
* .journal~ files should be parsed too
* use mount --make-shared on / by default
* allow services with no ExecStart= but with an ExecStop=
* add proper journal support to "systemctl --user status ..."
* add _SYSTEMD_USER_UNIT= field to journal entries
* remove Fedora /dev/null logic from localed.c, now that system-config-keyboard is gone
delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-system-setup-keyboard.conf from spec file
* journal: expose current disk usage
* logind: return EBUSY when a session is created on a seat+VT that already has one.
* dracut-shutdown needs to be ordered before unmounting /boot
* wiki: document new logind LockSessions() call
* initialize the hostname from the fs label of /, if /etc/hostname does not exist?
* logind: different policy actions for idle, suspend, shutdown blockers: allow idle blockers by default, don't allow suspend blockers by default
* install README to /etc/rc.d/init.d (if support for that is enabled) helping people who use "ls" there to figure out which services exist.
* logind: ignore inactive login screens when checking whether power key should be handled
* rename "userspace" to "core-os"
* systemctl: "Journal has been rotated since unit was started." message is misleading
* syscall filter: add knowledge about compat syscalls
* syscall filter: don't enforce no new privs?
* syscall filter: option to return EPERM rather than SIGSYS?
* logind: wakelock/opportunistic suspend support
* switch-root: sockets need relabelling
* segfault in journalctl during /var migration
* systemd-analyze post-boot is broken for initrd
* man: clarify that time-sync.target is not only sysv compat but also useful otherwise. Same for similar targets
* journalctl should complain if run with uid != 0 and no persistent logs exist
* .device aliases need to be implemented with the "following" logic, probably.
* refuse taking lower-case variable names in sd_journal_send() and friends.
* load-fragment: when loading a unit file via a chain of symlinks
verify that it isn't masked via any of the names traversed.
* journald: we currently rotate only after MaxUse+MaxFilesize has been reached.
- PID 1 D-Bus API
* introduce Type=pid-file
* systemctl list-unit-files appears to be broken for symlinked units in /usr/lib
* maybe allow services with ExecStop= set, but no ExecStart=?
* efi: implement /forcefsck as uefi variables thus not requiring file system altering to trigger a file system check
* efi: honour language efi variables for default language selection
* efi: honour timezone efi variables for default timezone selection
* efi: automatically mount EFI partition to /boot if no such entry exists in /etc/fstab and /boot is empty
gummiboot exports the EFI system partion (ESP) device:
'/' is the separator for the device path list
HD(Part1,Sig1FCBC57F-4BFC-4C2B-91A3-9C84FBCD9AF1) contains the GPT UUID of the ESP
* read the bootloader performance data (raw TSC) in systemd-analyze
(only set if the menu was active)
* new dependency type to "group" services in a target
* change Requires=basic.target to RequisiteOverride=basic.target
* support rd.luks.allow-discards= kernel cmdline params in cryptsetup generator
* systemctl: when stopping a service which has triggres and warning about it actually check the TriggeredBy= deps fields
* journal: hook up with EFI firmware log, new kmsg logic
* handle C-A-Del in logind, like the power/suspend buttons?
* nspawn: make use of device cgroup contrller by default
* journalctl /dev/sda, journalctl --device=b12:8 (--device=n12, --device=+usb:1-1)
* make use of /sys/power/wake_lock in inhibitors
* drop accountsservice's StandardOutput=syslog and Type=dbus fields
* when breaking cycles drop sysv services first, then services from /run, then from /etc, then from /usr
* readahead: when bumping /sys readahead variable save mtime and compare later to detect changes
* (attempt to) make Debianites happy:
- implement .d/ auto includes for unit files
- add syntax to reset ExecStart= lists (and similar)
* manipulate CPU governor during boot, set it to performance
* steal SBF management from the kernel
* delay journal /var writeout to after boot if SBF is clean
* move passno parsing to fstab generator
* improve !/proc/*/loginuid situation: make /proc/*/loginuid less dependent on CONFIG_AUDIT,
or use the users cgroup information when /proc/*/loginuid is not available.
* pam_systemd: try to get old session id from cgroup, if audit sessionid cannot be determined
* pam: when leaving a session explicitly exclude the ReleaseSession() caller process from the killing spree
* maybe introduce ~/.config/locale.conf and apply it within PAM
* readahead: make use of EXT4_IOC_MOVE_EXT, as used by http://e4rat.sourceforge.net/
* automount: implement expire
* logind: auto-suspend, auto-shutdown:
* services which create their own subcgroups break cgroup-empty notification (needs to be fixed in the kernel)
* don't delete /tmp/systemd-namespace-* before a process is gone down
* vconsole: implement setterm -store -foreground xxx --background zzz
* fedora: make sshd and pam_loginuid work in nspawn containers
* fix utmp for console logins in containers
* Add pretty name for seats in logind
* nspawn wants dev_setup() for /dev/fd/ and friends?
* selinux: merge systemd selinux access controls (dwalsh)
* ConditionSecurity= should learn about IMA
* Auke: merge Auke's bootchart
* udev: move to LGPL
* udev systemd unify:
- strpcpy(), strpcpyl(), strscpy(), strscpyl()
- utf8 validator code
- now() vs. now_usec()
* udev: remove network interface renaming, sleep and retry logic, we do
no support renaming of interfaces in the conflicting kernel
* udev: find a way to tell udev to not cancel firmware requests when running in initramfs
* udev: scsi_id -> sg3_utils -> kill scsi_id
* udev: add trigger --subsystem-match=usb/usb_device device
* allow configuration of console width/height in vconsole.conf
* cleanup syslog 'priority' vs. 'level' wording
* journal: if mmap() fails for mapping window try to unmap a a few older maps
* dbus upstream still refers to dbus.target and shouldn't
* when a service has the same env var set twice we actually store it twice and return that in systemctl show -p... We should only show the last setting
* support container_ttys=
* introduce mix of BindTo and Requisite
* journalctl: show multiline log messages sanely, expand tabs, and show all valid utf8 messages
* add DeleteSocketsOnStop=yes|no option to socket units
* journal: store euid in journal if it differs from uid
* There's currently no way to cancel fsck (used to be possible via C-c or c on the console)
* journal: sanely deal with entries which are larger than the individual file size, but where the componets would fit
* add command to systemctl to plot dependency graph as tree (see rhbz 795365)
* make logind reserve tty9 or so for text logins, so that gdm never picks it up
* add option to sockets to avoid activation. Instead just drop packets/connections, see http://cyberelk.net/tim/2012/02/15/portreserve-systemd-solution/
* default unix qlen is too small (10). bump sysctl? add sockopt?
* Possibly, detect whether SysV init scripts can do reloading by looking for "echo Usage:" lines
* figure out whether we should leave dbus around during shutdown
* dbus: in fedora, make the machine a symlink to /etc/machine-id
* journald: reuse XZ context
* logind: add equivalent to sd_pid_get_owner_uid() to the D-Bus API
* write RPM spec macros for presets
* journal: API for looking for retrieving "all values of this field"
* journal: deal nicely with byte-by-byte copied files, especially regards header
* journal: local deserializer of export mode, http server
* journal: message catalog
* journal: forward-secure signatures
* document the exit codes when services fail before they are exec()ed
* rework namespace support, don't use pivot_root, and mount things after creating the namespace, not before
* systemctl journal command
* journalctl: --cursor support, priority filtering
* systemctl status: show coredumps
* save coredump in Windows/Mozilla minidump format
* support crash reporting operation modes (https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/ProblemReporting)
* clean up session cgroups that remain after logout (think sshd), but eventually run empty
* support "systemctl stop foobar@.service" to stop all units matching a certain template
* logind: allow showing logout dialog from system
* document that %% can be used to write % in a string that is specifier extended
* when an instanced service exits, remove its parent cgroup too if possible.
* if we can not get user quota for tmpfs, mount a separate tmpfs instance
for every user in /run/user/$USER with a configured maximum size
* default to actual 32bit PIDs, via /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max
* add an option to make mounts private/shareable and so on, enable this for root by default
* be able to specify a forced restart of service A where service B depends on, in case B
needs to be auto-respawned?
* Something is wrong with symlink handling of "autovt@.service" in "systemctl list-unit-files"
* when a bus name of a service disappears from the bus make sure to queue further activation requests
* something like ConditionExec= or ExecStartPre= without failure state
* tmpfiles: apply "x" on "D" too (see patch from William Douglas)
* don't set $HOME in services unless requested
* hide PAM/TCPWrap options in fragment parser when compile time disabled
* when we automatically restart a service, ensure we restart its rdeps, too.
* allow Type=simple with PIDFile=
* move PAM code into its own binary
* warn if the user stops a service but not its associated socket
* logind: spawn user@..service on login
* logind: non-local X11 server handling
* implement Register= switch in .socket units to enable registration
in Avahi, RPC and other socket registration services.
* make sure systemd-ask-password-wall does not shutdown systemd-ask-password-console too early
* readahead: use BTRFS_IOC_DEFRAG_RANGE instead of BTRFS_IOC_DEFRAG ioctl, with START_IO
* readahead: check whether a btrfs volume includes ssd by checking mount flag "ssd"
* support sd_notify() style notification when reload begins (RELOADING=1), reload is finished (READY=1), and add ReloadSignal= then to use in combination
* support sd_notify() style notification when shutting down, to make auto-exit bus services work (STOPPING=1)
* verify that the AF_UNIX sockets of a service in the fs still exist
when we start a service in order to avoid confusion when a user
assumes starting a service is enough to make it accessible
* Make it possible to set the keymap independently from the font on
the kernel cmdline. Right now setting one resets also the other.
* move nss-myhostname into systemd
* and a dbus call to generate target from current state
* drop /.readahead on bigger upgrades with yum
* add support for /bin/mount -s
* GC unreferenced jobs (such as .device jobs)
* when failing to start a service due to ratelimiting, try again later, if restart=always is set
* write blog stories about:
- enabling dbus services
- status update
- how to make changes to sysctl and sysfs attributes
- remote access
- how to pass throw-away units to systemd, or dynamically change properties of existing units
- how to integrate cgconfig and suchlike with systemd
- resource control in systemd
- testing with Harald's awesome test kit
* allow port=0 in .socket units
* move readahead files into /var, look for them with .path units
* teach dbus to activate all services it finds in /etc/systemd/services/org-*.service
* support systemd.mask= on the kernel command line.
* when key file cannot be found, read it from kbd in cryptsetup
* reuse mkdtemp namespace dirs in /tmp?
* recreate systemd's D-Bus private socket file on SIGUSR2
* Support --test based on current system state
* investigate whether the gnome pty helper should be moved into systemd, to provide cgroup support.
* maybe introduce ExecRestartPre=
* configurable jitter for timer events
* timer events with system resume
* timer events on calendar time
* dot output for --test showing the 'initial transaction'
* calendar time support in timer, iCalendar semantics for the timer stuff (RFC2445)
* implicitly import "defaults" settings file into all types
* exec settings override
* writable cgroups dbus properties for live changes
* read config fragments for all units from /lib/systemd/system/foobar.service.d/ to override/extend specific settings
* port over to LISTEN_FDS/LISTEN_PID:
- rpcbind (/var/run/rpcbind.sock!) HAVEPATCH
- cups HAVEPATCH
- postfix, saslauthd
- libvirtd (/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock-ro)
- bluetoothd (/var/run/sdp! @/org/bluez/audio!)
* auditd service files
* fingerprint.target, wireless.target, gps.target, netdevice.target
* io priority during initialization
* systemctl list-jobs - show dependencies
* add systemctl switch to dump transaction without executing it
* drop cap bounding set in readahead and other services
- dbus --user
- natively watch for dbus-*.service symlinks (PENDING)
- allow specification of socket mode/umask when allocating DBusServer
- allow disabling of fd passing when connecting a AF_UNIX connection
- allow disabling of UID passing for AUTH EXTERNAL
- always pass cred data along each message
* fix alsa mixer restore to not print error when no config is stored
* gnome-shell python script/glxinfo/is-accelerated must die
* make cryptsetup lower --iter-time
* patch kernel for xattr support in /dev, /proc/, /sys and /sys/fs/cgroup?
* NTP: the kernel's 11-minutes-mode syncs the system time to the RTC, but only
in an ~30 minutes window. It does not adjust larger differences. Find a way
to tell the kernel, to always do a full time sync when the RTC is in UTC and
we are in 11-minutes-mode. When we trust the system time to NTP we also want
the RTC to sync up.
* kernel: add device_type = "fb", "fbcon" to class "graphics"
* look for close() vs. close_nointr() vs. close_nointr_nofail()
* check for strerror(r) instead of strerror(-r)
* Use PR_SET_PROCTITLE_AREA if it becomes available in the kernel
* %m in printf() instead of strerror(errno);
* set_put(), hashmap_put() return values check. i.e. == 0 doesn't free()!
Scheduled for removal (or fixing):
* xxxOverridable dependencies
* journald.conf: ImportKernel=