blob: 88169afa08bbb7683cc2bb3dfce7a0933205b1fd (plain
There have been many changes to pm-utils since the last release of
Major changes include:
* All the scripts that make up pm-utils have been rewritten to conform
to POSIX and the Single Unix Specification. Any remaining bashisms
or GNUisms are bugs. If you encounter a script that is not POSIX
and SuS compliant, please file a bug.
* There have been several changes to the way hooks are detected and
invoked. If you have a custom-written hook that breaks upon
installation of this package, you may have to perform some minor
fixups to make it work again. All the hooks that are supplied with
pm-utils have been updated to take full advantage of these changes,
so use them as examples. For more detailed information, see
* pm-utils now has a modular sleep backend. There are currently
plugins for the default kernel sleep methods, the uswsusp tools
(s2ram/s2disk/s2both), and rudimentary support for tuxonice. You can
switch between the sleep modules by setting the SLEEP_MODULE
environment variable to the desired sleep module. If you want to
write a sleep module, see pm/HOWTO.modules.
* pm-utils has a greatly expanded set of debugging features:
- If the environment variable PM_DEBUG is set to true, the
pm-suspend.log will contain a full trace of all the actions taken by
- The HOOK_BLACKLIST environment variable allows you to disable a
hook without having to modify it.
- The ADD_PARAMETERS and DROP_PARAMETERS environment variables allow
you to modify the parameters passed by calling programs (such as
- More complete logging, including logging the commandline
parameters, which hooks ran and did not run (and the reasons why),
and logging the status codes of executed hooks.
* pm-utils has pkg-config support. This makes it much easier for
other programs to rely on pm-utils for all their suspend/resume
quirk handling needs.
In addition to these major changes, there have been a whole slew of
minor changes and bugfixes. Most of the major pm-utils related bugs
that the distributions have encountered have been fixed in this
release. Please see the ChangeLog for more details.