1 files changed, 5 insertions, 9 deletions
diff --git a/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/gen7_misc_state.c b/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/gen7_misc_state.c
index fe63fefbfd9..7f6188103dd 100644
@@ -97,19 +97,15 @@ gen7_emit_depth_stencil_hiz(struct brw_context *brw,
OUT_BATCH(GEN7_3DSTATE_STENCIL_BUFFER << 16 | (3 - 2));
- /* The stencil buffer has quirky pitch requirements. From the Graphics
- * BSpec: vol2a.11 3D Pipeline Windower > Early Depth/Stencil Processing
- * > Depth/Stencil Buffer State > 3DSTATE_STENCIL_BUFFER [DevIVB+],
- * field "Surface Pitch":
+ /* The stencil buffer has quirky pitch requirements. From the
+ * Sandybridge PRM, Volume 2 Part 1, page 329 (3DSTATE_STENCIL_BUFFER
+ * dword 1 bits 16:0 - Surface Pitch):
* The pitch must be set to 2x the value computed based on width, as
* the stencil buffer is stored with two rows interleaved.
- * (Note that it is not 100% clear whether this intended to apply to
- * Gen7; the BSpec flags this comment as "DevILK,DevSNB" (which would
- * imply that it doesn't), however the comment appears on a "DevIVB+"
- * page (which would imply that it does). Experiments with the hardware
- * indicate that it does.
+ * While the Ivybridge PRM lacks this comment, the BSpec contains the
+ * same text, and experiments indicate that this is necessary.
(2 * stencil_mt->region->pitch - 1));