|author||Kenneth Graunke <email@example.com>||2013-07-10 13:35:31 -0700|
|committer||Kenneth Graunke <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2013-07-15 19:40:52 -0700|
i965: Cite the Sandybridge PRM for Gen7 stencil pitch requirements.
Sadly, the Ivybridge PRM can't be cited, as it is missing the relevant text for some reason. However, the Sandybridge PRM has the text Chad originally quoted, and the modern BSpec has the same text. Signed-off-by: Kenneth Graunke <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'src/mesa')
1 files changed, 5 insertions, 9 deletions
diff --git a/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/gen7_misc_state.c b/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/gen7_misc_state.c
index fe63fefbfd9..7f6188103dd 100644
@@ -97,19 +97,15 @@ gen7_emit_depth_stencil_hiz(struct brw_context *brw,
OUT_BATCH(GEN7_3DSTATE_STENCIL_BUFFER << 16 | (3 - 2));
- /* The stencil buffer has quirky pitch requirements. From the Graphics
- * BSpec: vol2a.11 3D Pipeline Windower > Early Depth/Stencil Processing
- * > Depth/Stencil Buffer State > 3DSTATE_STENCIL_BUFFER [DevIVB+],
- * field "Surface Pitch":
+ /* The stencil buffer has quirky pitch requirements. From the
+ * Sandybridge PRM, Volume 2 Part 1, page 329 (3DSTATE_STENCIL_BUFFER
+ * dword 1 bits 16:0 - Surface Pitch):
* The pitch must be set to 2x the value computed based on width, as
* the stencil buffer is stored with two rows interleaved.
- * (Note that it is not 100% clear whether this intended to apply to
- * Gen7; the BSpec flags this comment as "DevILK,DevSNB" (which would
- * imply that it doesn't), however the comment appears on a "DevIVB+"
- * page (which would imply that it does). Experiments with the hardware
- * indicate that it does.
+ * While the Ivybridge PRM lacks this comment, the BSpec contains the
+ * same text, and experiments indicate that this is necessary.
(2 * stencil_mt->region->pitch - 1));