* Interface to Telepathy Tubes.
The idea is to provide 1-1 collaboration between contacts and many-many
collaboration via MUCs, using Telepathy DBus Tubes over Jabber/XMPP.
To enable configure LibO with --enable-telepathy
Currently (2012-04-14) at least telepathy-glib 0.18 is needed, which doesn't
come with distributions. Download it from
and make install it locally, e.g. with --prefix=$HOME/usr
For LibO configure then use PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/usr/lib/pkgconfig
To not have tubes and sc cppunittests stumble (LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not evaluated
in unit tests and thus not a solution) copy the libs to the solver, i.e.
cp -p $HOME/usr/lib/libtelepathy-glib.* $SRCDIR/solver/$INPATH/lib/
If you have a Telepathy-enabled LibreOffice installed to /usr (including
liboapprover) you may also want to install the .service and .client files to
make everything service-activatable. Currently this does not seem to work.
mkdir -p $HOME/.local/share/telepathy/clients
ln -s $PWD/tubes/LibreOffice.client \
mkdir -p $HOME/.local/share/dbus-1/services
ln -s $PWD/tubes/org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.LibreOfficeApprover.service \
You may run it in the background. When someone wants to collaborate with you,
you then get a confirmation dialog.
* Demo modes
To play with the interposing without having an online account connected, create
a bit of a document, go to File -> Collaboration -> startDemoSession and bingo.
* To do interesting things with this code build and run calc thus:
SAL_LOG=1 ./soffice --calc
Now type simple strings into cells, rename sheets, or go to
File -> Collaboration; Listen; startBuddySession;
to transfer your document as-is to the other side ...
* for the cppunittest needed:
* Configure two Jabber accounts in Empathy
* Both must be online and on each other's contact list
* Copy qa/test-config.ini.example to qa/test-config.ini, and specify those
two accounts' JIDs in it.
* TeleConference is not deleted anywhere
* dialog to pick own account
* dialog to pick contact or MUC to work with
* dialog to accept/reject collaboration requests
* make the .service and .client files work reliably
In applications, e.g. Calc:
* stricter model,view,controller
* disable all actions we cannot process collaboratively
* separate input from view
* preprocess input to determine data type (text, number, date, ...)
* send typed/categorized data over wire before actually processing in model
* process serialized input as received
* Calc specific:
* use existing shared document feature with change-tracking enabled to
* may have the benefit of having already only a subset of trackable change
* let ScDocFunc handle also received changes
* have dialogs send their result item sets over the wire