blob: 5343e7c3d464d36a92e7ec9d10e86307b52b92a1 (plain
# This file is part of the LibreOffice project.
# This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
# License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
# file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.
# This file incorporates work covered by the following license notice:
# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
# contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed
# with this work for additional information regarding copyright
# ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache
# License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file
# except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
# the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 .
Oracle Report Builder
This file contains important information about the installation.
This software offered by Oracle will enhance Oracle Open Office and OpenOffice.org software. The following features will be added:
* In a Base database document, in the Reports window, you now have an additional choice to "Create Report in Design View".
* An interactive window allows you to create a database report by drag-and-drop, with visual feedback.
* All reports created by Report Builder can also be edited in the Report Builder window.
You find more information about installation and usage of the extension in the following paragraphs of this readme file.
Notes on Installation
* A recent version of Oracle Open Office or OpenOffice.org
* A recent version of the Java(TM) Runtime Environment
You need administrator rights to install a shared extension for all users on your network. You do not need administrator rights to install a user extension for your own use only.
* Double-click the extension file (*.oxt) in your system's file browser or choose Tools > Extension Manager and click Add.
* Choose Tools > Extension Manager, click the Oracle Report Builder entry, then click Remove.
Using the Extension
You find complete instructions on using the Oracle Report Builder in the application help that is installed with Oracle Open Office or OpenOffice.org. Press F1 to open the Help Viewer, then enter the words "Report Builder" in the Index text box.