|author||Guilhem Moulin <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2020-05-27 04:43:31 +0200|
|committer||Guilhem Moulin <email@example.com>||2020-05-27 16:19:43 +0200|
logerrit: Don't suggest to set oneself a username.
Usernames (used for HTTP and SSH authentication) are now automatically provisioned from SSO (along with the primary email address and display name). Username/email collisions are fatal and need manual resolution, but for most users the registration step should be somewhat simpler. Also, update the documentation to reflect /settings/#SSHKeys from gerrit 3.0's UI. Change-Id: Ia634c2f92f42b4b698543d990534ac15215a4c96 Reviewed-on: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/94931 Reviewed-by: Guilhem Moulin <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tested-by: Jenkins
1 files changed, 15 insertions, 12 deletions
@@ -96,22 +96,25 @@ case "$1" in
- echo "Please go to https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/ and:"
- echo " - press the 'register' button in the top right corner"
- echo " - after login set yourself a username (it is recommended to use your IRC-nick)"
- if test -z "$ssh_key"; then
- echo " - add your public ssh-key into the ssh keys settings."
+ echo "Please go to https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/ and click the \"Sign in\" link"
+ echo "at the top right of the page. You'll be sent to our Single Sign-On portal"
+ echo "for authentication (create an account if needs be), and automatically"
+ echo "redirected back to gerrit afterwards."
+ echo "Visit https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/settings/#SSHKeys and paste the public"
+ if test -z "$ssh_key"; then
+ echo "part of your SSH key in the 'New SSH key' form."
- echo " - paste the key below into the 'Add SSH Public Key' box."
+ echo "key below in the 'New SSH key' form."
printf '%s\n' "$ssh_key"
- echo "Note that you need to register additional email addresses, if you want to"
- echo "commit from them. Additional emails must be confirmed by replying to the"
- echo "invitation mail it sends you."
+ echo "Note that you need to register additional email addresses, if you want to"
+ echo "commit from them. Each additional email address must be confirmed by"
+ echo "following the verification link sent to it."
read -r -p 'Which user name did you choose? ' GERRITUSER
if test -z "$created_ssh"; then