This is GStreamer gstreamer-vaapi 1.15.1.
GStreamer 1.15 is the development branch leading up to the next major
stable version which will be 1.16.
The 1.15 development series adds new features on top of the 1.14 series and is
part of the API and ABI-stable 1.x release series of the GStreamer multimedia
Full release notes will one day be found at:
Binaries for Android, iOS, Mac OS X and Windows will usually be provided
shortly after the release.
This module will not be very useful by itself and should be used in conjunction
with other GStreamer modules for a complete multimedia experience.
- gstreamer: provides the core GStreamer libraries and some generic plugins
- gst-plugins-base: a basic set of well-supported plugins and additional
media-specific GStreamer helper libraries for audio,
video, rtsp, rtp, tags, OpenGL, etc.
- gst-plugins-good: a set of well-supported plugins under our preferred
- gst-plugins-ugly: a set of well-supported plugins which might pose
problems for distributors
- gst-plugins-bad: a set of plugins of varying quality that have not made
their way into one of core/base/good/ugly yet, for one
reason or another. Many of these are are production quality
elements, but may still be missing documentation or unit
tests; others haven't passed the rigorous quality testing
we expect yet.
- gst-libav: a set of codecs plugins based on the ffmpeg library. This is
where you can find audio and video decoders and encoders
for a wide variety of formats including H.264, AAC, etc.
- gstreamer-vaapi: hardware-accelerated video decoding and encoding using
VA-API on Linux. Primarily for Intel graphics hardware.
- gst-omx: hardware-accelerated video decoding and encoding, primarily for
embedded Linux systems that provide an OpenMax
implementation layer such as the Raspberry Pi.
- gst-rtsp-server: library to serve files or streaming pipelines via RTSP
- gst-editing-services: library an plugins for non-linear editing
==== Download ====
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download
The git repository and details how to clone it can be found at
==== Homepage ====
The project's website is https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/
==== Support and Bugs ====
We have recently moved from GNOME Bugzilla to GitLab on freedesktop.org
for bug reports and feature requests:
Please submit patches via GitLab as well, in form of Merge Requests. See
for more details.
For help and support, please subscribe to and send questions to the
gstreamer-devel mailing list (see below for details).
There is also a #gstreamer IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
==== Developers ====
GStreamer source code repositories can be found on GitLab on freedesktop.org:
and can also be cloned from there and this is also where you can submit
Merge Requests or file issues for bugs or feature requests.
Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list: