|author||Carl Worth <email@example.com>||2005-03-07 13:20:52 +0000|
|committer||Carl Worth <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2005-03-07 13:20:52 +0000|
Add notes on using -head suffix for PIXMAN_VERSION.SNAPSHOT_0_1_4
2 files changed, 19 insertions, 11 deletions
diff --git a/pixman/ChangeLog b/pixman/ChangeLog
index 1c2c9dc7d..193edbe27 100644
@@ -1,5 +1,7 @@
2005-03-07 Carl Worth <email@example.com>
+ * RELEASING: Add notes on using -head suffix for PIXMAN_VERSION.
* NEWS: Add notes for snapshot 0.1.4.
* configure.in: Increment version to 0.1.4.
diff --git a/pixman/RELEASING b/pixman/RELEASING
index b34683cb7..84349a99f 100644
@@ -39,15 +39,19 @@ fixes are committed. Here are the steps to follow:
4) Increment LIBPIXMAN_VERSION in configure.in
- Right now, in its pre-release form, we are incrementing
- LIBPIXMAN_VERSION for each snapshot but we are not changing
- the libtool shared library version information. Increment the
- subminor version for bug fixes and backwards-compatible
- additions to the API. Increment the minor number (and reset
- the subminor) for backward-incompatible changes to the API
- (including removals). Leave the major number at 0 until we are
- ready for the first 1.0 release, (at which point these rules
- will change).
+ First, remove the "-head" suffix, then increment the version
+ as follows:
+ If there are backward-incompatible changes in the API,
+ (function removals, or semantic changes), increment the minor
+ number and reset the sub-minor number to 0.
+ Otherwise, (that is, if there are only bug fixes and perhaps
+ API additions), then increment only the sub-minor number.
+ Prior to the initial "1.0" release of cairo, leave the major
+ number at 0. Also, do not modify the "libtool shared library
+ version" variables, (LT_CURRENT, LT_VERSION, LT_AGE).
5) Commit the changes to NEWS and configure.in
@@ -71,5 +75,7 @@ fixes are committed. Here are the steps to follow:
cvs tag SNAPSHOT_X_Y_Z
-8) Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to announce the
- new snapshot using the text provided from "make release-publis".
+8) Add a "-head" to CAIRO_VERSION in configure, and commit.
+9) Send a message to email@example.com to announce the
+ new snapshot using the text provided from "make release-publish".