Mesa 7.8.3 Release Notes / (date tbd)
Mesa 7.8.3 is a bug fix release which fixes bugs found since the 7.8.2 release.
Mesa 7.8.3 implements the OpenGL 2.1 API, but the version reported by
glGetString(GL_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used.
Some drivers don't support all the features required in OpenGL 2.1.
See the Compiling/Installing page for prerequisites
for DRI hardware acceleration.
- The radeon driver should use less memory when searching for a valid mip
- Fix unsupported FB with D24S8 (bug
- Fix ReadPixels crash when reading depth/stencil from an FBO
- Fixed a bug rendering to 16-bit buffers using swrast.
- Fixed a state tracker/TGSI bug that caused crashes when using Windows'
memory debugging features.
- Fixed an issue rendering to 32-bit channels with swrast (bug
- GLSL: fix indirect gl_TextureMatrix addressing (bug
- GLSL: fix for bug
- GLSL: fix zw fragcoord entries in some cases (bug
- Fix texture env generation in some cases (bug
- osmesa: a fix for calling OSMesaMakeCurrent twice was applied (bug
- A bug was fixed which could cause Mesa to ignore the
MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE environment variable.
- A bug related to specular highlights on backfaces was fixed.
- A radeon-specific issue with glCopyTex(Sub)Image was
- radeon/wine: flush command stream in more cases, fixing wine d3d9
- r600: fix sin+cos normalization.
- r600: (properly) ignore GL_COORD_REPLACE when point sprites are
- radeon: avoid flushing when the context is not current.
- r300c: a bug affecting unaligned BOs was fixed.
- r300c: a hardlock caused by ARB_half_float_vertex incorrectly advertised on some chipsets.